HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Peter The Great

Old
10-18-2006, 09:04 PM
sticknrink

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm in a Teacup View Post
Forsberg has said many times he wants to re-sign here but won't discuss it until he finds out if the ankle surgery will really prolong his career.
Every player says they'll resign back. What do you expect him to say; "I'm not coming back"? LOL.

Actions speak louder than words, let's see come summertime.

sticknrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 09:14 PM
Jaydepps

Send a message via AIM to Jaydepps
By your logic...if Naslund were to be in the last year of his contract, and the Canucks were completely out of the picture and we were in it. We could possibly get him for maybe 4th round pick. Heck we could be big spenders...we'll give Vancouver a 3rd and Mike Rathje.

Jaydepps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 10:07 PM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sticknrink View Post
Every player says they'll resign back. What do you expect him to say; "I'm not coming back"? LOL.

Actions speak louder than words, let's see come summertime.
LOL.

Not every player says that. Not even close.

And yes, actions speak louder than words. Such as the ****in' ankle surgery he had which he was ONLY having to prolong his career in Philadelphia. He was originally supposed to be out half the season when he had the surgery. It wouldn't be fair to the Flyers for him to have this surgery that came with him from another team, miss half their season, and then sign somewhere else. He's staying in Philadelphia or going home to Sweden. Book it.

Ex Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 07:31 AM
hdw

Quote:
Call me crazy but I doubt Foppa will come back to Philly, especially if this is the beginnings of the end for the Flyers (rebuild).

Forsberg doesn't really have any loyalty to keep with Philly unlike Colorado. I really really doubt he plays out West and I don't think he's ready to hang them up and play in the SEL.
Well I think you're crazy
He'll stay in Philly until he retires.

He's got loyalty with Philly for several reason, but most of all he isn't one to walk out on a challenge.

He'll stay in Philly until kicked out or decides to retire.

Quote:
My guess is he ends up in Toronto with Mats if he resigns, or the both of them end up someplace like, say, Washington (who both has the space and forward icetime to give). Ovechkin-Sundin-Forsberg would be fun to watch.
He's already got the success he wanted with Mats, why would he join up with him again to be trashed in Toronto?

And there wont be any space in Caps next year, because Bäckis is playing with AO by then.

hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 09:46 AM
sticknrink

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdw View Post
And there wont be any space in Caps next year, because Bäckis is playing with AO by then.
Backstrom will only get the rooke max (1.2m) and Ovechkin is signed at that until 2009. Caps have only 16m signed for next year, they definately have the cap space to sign both Foppa and Mats at 6m each.

Sooner or later Leonsis is going to allow the green light and sign a whole whack of players. They've just got so much space imo, at least one of the two is headed for Washington.

sticknrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 02:29 PM
hdw

Quote:

Sooner or later Leonsis is going to allow the green light and sign a whole whack of players. They've just got so much space imo, at least one of the two is headed for Washington.
Can you explain why any of them would want to be in Washington?
Sundin will stay in Leafs until he retires just as Foppa will stay in Philly.

Why in all world would Sundin leave his place as Captain of the Leafs to become an old goat in Caps? It doesn't make sense.

Neither would it make any more sense for Forsberg.

hdw is offline   Reply With Quote