HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Rank the #1 overall picks from 2004-2013. Consider MacKinnon 2013's.

Old
06-27-2013, 06:27 PM
Sky04

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucks_oil View Post
It can only be based on potential.

Tavares... I agree with you. I don't see the intangibles or superior scoring ability to project him ahead of Kane. He's just taller, but just as one-dimensional... and Kane's stats trump his even in an age-age comparison.

Hall: The guy is a leader and he fares well in an age/age comparison. Kane's obviously ahead based on accomplishments, but based on individual talent/production, this might have been the year Hall catches up... and he's three years younger, with an upward trajectory, so not unreasonable to project him higher than Kane (who's pretty much settled in at 1ppg).
Once again, you do know where Kane was when he was Hall's age right? On top an 88 point season with 2 70+ point seasons behind him at the time.

He had one off year in 6 seasons, you're deluding yourself to think Kane can't improve (which is exactly what he did this season, not sure why you're discrediting it and saying he's "plateaued" earlier), that's like saying Hall has plateaued after this season.

Seriously, it's like you think Hall will grow linearly forever, the kids going to have an off year like Kane did and probably more then just 1 season at that.

Kane's settled at 1ppg, ok then Hall is comfortably settled at 0.85.

Sky04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 06:29 PM
Sky04

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucks_oil View Post
2013 Scoring:

Taylor Hall 50pts age 21
Jonathan Tavares 47pts age 22

Real numbers bro
Patrick Kane age 21: 88 points

Real numbers bro.

Sky04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 06:44 PM
Lemmiwinks
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamingGiant View Post
1. Sidney Crosby (2005)
2. Alexander Ovechkin (2004)
3. Steven Stamkos (2008)
4. John Tavares (2009)
5. Patrick Kane (2007)
6. Taylor Hall (2010)
7. Nathan MacKinnon (2013)
8. Nail Yakupov (2012)
9. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (2011)
10. Erik Johnson (2006)
This would be my list as well.

Lemmiwinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 06:48 PM
bucks_oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky04 View Post
Once again, you do know where Kane was when he was Hall's age right? On top an 88 point season with 2 70+ point seasons behind him at the time.

He had one off year in 6 seasons, you're deluding yourself to think Kane can't improve (which is exactly what he did this season, not sure why you're discrediting it and saying he's "plateaued" earlier), that's like saying Hall has plateaued after this season.

Seriously, it's like you think Hall will grow linearly forever, the kids going to have an off year like Kane did and probably more then just 1 season at that.

Kane's settled at 1ppg, ok then Hall is comfortably settled at 0.85.
Listen... Go back and re-read my post without imparting anything that I didn't say.

Next... Plot Kane's ppg and draw a line. It's going to have a pretty flat, consistent slope. If you want to twist my words and take that as an insult, go ahead. But the fact is he is an established ppg player.

Hall is way more of an unknown being so much younger, but the fact is he's still improving his point totals and ppg. I did not say it was a sure fire bet to say he'd be better than Kane long term. I said it was a reasonable position to take.... This was in response to a "how in the world can hall be ahead of Kane". I gave a rational argument as to why one might believe that.

Just as its reasonable to say Hall hasn't proven anything and Kane is better.

Now... Calm down and get back to inventing things like "hall has plateaued at 0.85ppg".

bucks_oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 06:54 PM
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus

1. Crosby
2. Ovechkin
3. Stamkos
4. Tavares
5. Kane
6. Hall
7. Yakupov
8. Mckinnon
9. RNH
10. Johnson

i've never really seen much in Nugent-Hopkins, always thought he was overrated, but maybe i'm not watching the right games. i had to keep Hall down because of his injuries, otherwise i rated this as if i were starting a team with this player as my franchiser.

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 06:59 PM
bucks_oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky04 View Post
Patrick Kane age 21: 88 points

Real numbers bro.
1st: At least quote the correct argument. This argument had nothing to do with Kane.
2nd: Instead of getting your fanboi knickers in a knot, go back and read my list... I had Kane over Hall. Objectively. Today.
3rd: Kane at 21 =1.07ppg, Hall at 21= 1.11ppg... Real projected numbers bro, which support my subjective opinion that Hall will be the better player. Sorry, not trying to hurt your feelings. Seems you don't even have room for the rationale discussion when it was requested.

bucks_oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 09:59 PM
Leehh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
Crosby is the best when he plays, but his health problems have led Ovechkin to accomplish so much more to date.
I don't see any rings on Ovie's fingers.

Leehh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 01:13 AM
aemoreira1981

T-1: Crosby/OV
3. Kane
4. Stamkos
5. JT
6. EJ
7. Hall
8. RNH
9. Yakupov
10. MacKinnon

To be fair, Kane has played most of his games alongside another world-class talent in Toews.

aemoreira1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 07:58 AM
Esse

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great 88 View Post
Could anybody justify Tavares over Kane? And I hate Patrick Kane.

Oilers really did pick the worst possible time to suck.
I don't get this either. Why is so many people choosing Tavares over Kane? Ridiculous in my opinion.

And I know this thread is based on guesses when it comes to MacKinnon, but I would be interested in hearing the arguments from the people who have put him at #7 (for example). I doubt that many people have seen alot of him.

My list:

1: Crosby
2: Alex Ovechkin
T-3: Kane, Steven
4. John Tavares
5. Hall
6. Nugent-Hopkins
7. Yakupov
8. Erik Johnson
9. MacKinnon (haven't seen him play)

Esse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 08:57 AM
Skinnyjimmy08

This silly Tavares/Hall and RNH and Kane debate is still going on hey????Quick question to the crazy Oiler fans hahah.... what duo would you guys rather have starting tommorrow until their career ends.......

Tavares and Kane
OR
RNH and Hall

Last edited by Skinnyjimmy08: 06-28-2013 at 10:19 AM.
Skinnyjimmy08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 01:00 PM
hockey17jp
Lets Go Jackets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT1 View Post
1) Sidney Crosby
2) Alexander Ovechkin
3) Steven Stamkos
4) John Tavares
5) Patrick Kane
6) Taylor Hall
7) Nail Yakupov
8) Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
9) Nathan MacKinnon
10) Erik Johnson
This

hockey17jp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 01:14 PM
Chieftans22*
#FreeSeguin

1. Sidney Crosby (2005)
2. Alexander Ovechkin (2004)
3. Steven Stamkos (2008)
4. Patrick Kane (2007)
5. John Tavares (2009)
6. Taylor Hall (2010)
7. Nail Yakupov (2012)
8. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (2011)
9. Erik Johnson (2006)

I think Nathan MacKinnon (2013) could be anywhere from above Kane to below Yakupov

Chieftans22* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 02:27 PM
Angelus
Smile Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnyjimmy08 View Post
This silly Tavares/Hall and RNH and Kane debate is still going on hey????Quick question to the crazy Oiler fans hahah.... what duo would you guys rather have starting tommorrow until their career ends.......

Tavares and Kane
OR
RNH and Hall
Skimming through all your posts it's obvious you have an axe to grind. What's funny to me is almost all of your posts are talking smack about one team but you never post on HFOil. Maybe you could learn something instead of posting garbage all the time trying to antagonize Oiler fans.

And if anyone thinks I'm overreacting, look at his post history for yourself. Jeez, Fatal Attraction much?

And why do you care so much anyways seeing as your team has none of these players? There's no shame in Hall/RNH/Yakupov being considered below guys like Stamkos and Kane. They are still anazing players in their own right and I feel blessed that they're on my team. And to the Sabres fans yapping about "Oilers sure picked the worst possible time to tank" I'm sure you'd change your tune pretty quickly if they got those four first-rounders for Vanek. Man the stupidity and ignorance on this forum never fails to shock me.

Angelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 03:11 PM
Skinnyjimmy08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelus View Post
Skimming through all your posts it's obvious you have an axe to grind. What's funny to me is almost all of your posts are talking smack about one team but you never post on HFOil. Maybe you could learn something instead of posting garbage all the time trying to antagonize Oiler fans.

And if anyone thinks I'm overreacting, look at his post history for yourself. Jeez, Fatal Attraction much?

And why do you care so much anyways seeing as your team has none of these players? There's no shame in Hall/RNH/Yakupov being considered below guys like Stamkos and Kane. They are still anazing players in their own right and I feel blessed that they're on my team. And to the Sabres fans yapping about "Oilers sure picked the worst possible time to tank" I'm sure you'd change your tune pretty quickly if they got those four first-rounders for Vanek. Man the stupidity and ignorance on this forum never fails to shock me.

It was a serious question.. I was wondering what duo would people rather have tmrw...

RNH and Hall
OR
Tavares and Kane

PS... hmmm an Oiler fan calling others stupid and ignorant???? wow

Last edited by Skinnyjimmy08: 06-28-2013 at 03:19 PM.
Skinnyjimmy08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 03:12 PM
Stephen Goalbert
Formerly CMP

Crosby
Ovechkin
Stamkos
Kane
MacKinnon
Hall
Tavares
Nugent-Hopkins
Yakupov
Johnson

Stephen Goalbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 03:28 PM
Oilin Toronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnyjimmy08 View Post
It was a serious question.. I was wondering what duo would people rather have tmrw...

RNH and Hall
OR
Tavares and Kane

PS... hmmm an Oiler fan calling someone else stupid and ignorant???? wow
Wow Jimmy...Are you saying that all Oiler fans are stupid and ignorant? Dude, get a life.

This is a forum based on opinion. I don't know why people get offended when someone sees things differently than you do.

Right now, I would take Tavares and Kane over hall and RNH. However, my opinion is that RNH and Hall tandem will be better than JT & PK in a couple of years. My reasoning is: Hall has continued to improve every year. If you've been fortunate enough to watch more than a couple of games, you would know what I was talking about. RNH played the whole year with a shoulder injury.

I am one of the few who think RNH can be better than all three of the players mentioned. IMO, his hockey IQ is off the charts.

Oilin Toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 03:50 PM
Affinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidLine93 View Post
1.Crosby
2.Ovechkin
3.Stamkos

4.Kane

5.Tavares
6.Hall

7.RNH
8.Yakupov
9.Mackinnon

10.Johnson

Hall has outperformed Mackinnon at every level over their careers and Hall continues to improve drastically each season. No idea why people have Mackinnon ranked near Hall, Tavares or Kane.
This list, with the tiers, looks good to me. I've never seen Mackinnon play so I can't really judge where he'd land on this list but near the bottom at this moment seems about right.

Affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 04:11 PM
BackhandToeyJoey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leehh View Post
I don't see any rings on Ovie's fingers.
Ovie has a weaker team. But having Crosby as a franchise player sounds way more appealing than Ovechkin. Due to age and position.

BackhandToeyJoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 04:13 PM
BackhandToeyJoey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Affinity View Post
This list, with the tiers, looks good to me. I've never seen Mackinnon play so I can't really judge where he'd land on this list but near the bottom at this moment seems about right.
You notice how it goes down by age almost? This thread should've been made 10 years from now lol.

BackhandToeyJoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 04:25 PM
Angelus
Smile Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilin Toronto View Post
Wow Jimmy...Are you saying that all Oiler fans are stupid and ignorant? Dude, get a life
It's probably past his bedtime. Notice how he doesn't mention what team he cheers for LOL.

And I will eat my hat if he has the testicular fortitude to discuss this in HFOil.

Old
06-28-2013, 04:26 PM
Pajicz

Send a message via Yahoo to Pajicz
MacKinnon is really hard to place on these lists; after all, we're not even sure yet if he'll actually be the #1 pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilin Toronto View Post
Wow Jimmy...Are you saying that all Oiler fans are stupid and ignorant? Dude, get a life.

This is a forum based on opinion. I don't know why people get offended when someone sees things differently than you do.
That guy is just a pathetic and delusional Oilers hater... I understand if he doesn't like some Oiler prospects, but constantly ripping off all the fanbase and organization isn't really classy...

Pajicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 04:36 PM
Angelus
Smile Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajicz View Post
I understand if he doesn't like some Oiler prospects, but constantly ripping off all the fanbase and organization isn't really classy...
Well after seeing this topic he posted I think it's safe to out his true allegiance.

Old
06-28-2013, 04:51 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajicz View Post
Kane's scoring high so far has been 88 points, and don't see him getting much more than that. Nugent-Hopkins in my opinion could reach 100 points someday.

Also, Kane is somewhat replaceable... Blackhawks wouldn't miss him that much if they still would have Toews, Keith and Seabrook.

That is just hilarious.

HockeyH3aven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 04:53 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

1. Sidney Crosby
2. Alexander Ovechkin
3. Steven Stamkos
4. John Tavares
5. Nathan MacKinnon
6. Patrick Kane
7. Taylor Hall
8. Nail Yakupov
9. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
10. Erik Johnson

I ranked this list based on how good the player would be in their respective primes. This means obviously some of the younger guys are based more upon potential and the older guys are somewhat more factual.

HockeyH3aven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 04:55 PM
Angelus
Smile Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post

That is just hilarious.
Next time you belittle someone's opinion, you might not want to follow it up with a post ranking MacKinnon ahead of Hall/RNH/Yak AND Kane.