HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 Offseason Thread Part V: Trade Em All!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-27-2013, 10:03 PM
  #526
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/show...012-13&sit=5v5

Wow I knew Letang was bolstered by playing the majority of shifts with Crosby, but yikes.
"Problem loading page"

Silence Of The Plams is online now  
Old
06-27-2013, 10:11 PM
  #527
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,193
vCash: 500
I'd take Letang on my team any day.

If he prices himself out of Pittsburgh, I'd gladly buyout Richards and allocate that money towards Letang.

Trade Del Zotto for a young forward.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline  
Old
06-27-2013, 10:13 PM
  #528
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,213
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by puckrush View Post
I'd take Letang on my team any day.

If he prices himself out of Pittsburgh, I'd gladly buyout Richards and allocate that money towards Letang.

Trade Del Zotto for a young forward.
They absolutely will not trade him to us outside of obscene overpayment, and whoever does trade for him will likely extend him if he does't resign.

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
06-27-2013, 10:17 PM
  #529
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug
 
Fire Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 19,341
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
"Problem loading page"
it loaded for me but i have no idea what any of those advanced (*********) stats mean

Fire Sather is offline  
Old
06-27-2013, 10:20 PM
  #530
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
it loaded for me but i have no idea what any of those advanced (*********) stats mean
Yep, no idea how to read any of that.

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
06-27-2013, 10:43 PM
  #531
nyranger61494
YNWA
 
nyranger61494's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,891
vCash: 500
Letang turned down an 8 year/$56 million deal. Just WOW.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=426488

nyranger61494 is online now  
Old
06-27-2013, 10:49 PM
  #532
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
They absolutely will not trade him to us outside of obscene overpayment, and whoever does trade for him will likely extend him if he does't resign.
They wouldn't and won't.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline  
Old
06-27-2013, 10:52 PM
  #533
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,213
vCash: 500
Will DePaoli ?@TIOPS_DePaoli 10m
Can confirm Letang's agent Kent Hughes countered the Penguins 8 year, $54 million offer, asking for 8 years, $62.5 million/ full NTC

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
06-27-2013, 10:54 PM
  #534
EmDeeZee4MVP
Registered User
 
EmDeeZee4MVP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 294
vCash: 500
Lightning bought out his contract. I imagine he'd accept less money to play for a contender + we need a C and he can also improve the PP. Thoughts on NYR picking him up?


Last edited by JeffMangum: 06-27-2013 at 11:03 PM.
EmDeeZee4MVP is offline  
Old
06-27-2013, 10:58 PM
  #535
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet
 
I Eat Crow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 6,076
vCash: 500
No to Lecavalier. No to free agents that will get multi-year, multi-million dollar contracts that will most certainly be overpayment.

Address holes by trades to acquire cap friendly assets dealing from a position of strength. This team has a lot of important RFA's and UFA's to lock up this summer and next. Let the team grow together under a new coach and develop chemistry. That's how you win championships. Going out and getting paid mercenaries that will only be here a couple years to plug holes doesn't work. It hasn't worked in the 13 years Sather's been at the helm. He's never going to learn.

I Eat Crow is offline  
Old
06-27-2013, 11:00 PM
  #536
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,213
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
No to Lecavalier. No to free agents that will get multi-year, multi-million dollar contracts that will most certainly be overpayment.

Address holes by trades to acquire cap friendly assets dealing from a position of strength. This team has a lot of important RFA's and UFA's to lock up this summer and next. Let the team grow together under a new coach and develop chemistry. That's how you win championships. Going out and getting paid mercenaries that will only be here a couple years to plug holes doesn't work. It hasn't worked in the 13 years Sather's been at the helm. He's never going to learn.
thats because by the time we get them most of them are older

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
06-27-2013, 11:31 PM
  #537
EmDeeZee4MVP
Registered User
 
EmDeeZee4MVP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
No to Lecavalier. No to free agents that will get multi-year, multi-million dollar contracts that will most certainly be overpayment.

Address holes by trades to acquire cap friendly assets dealing from a position of strength. This team has a lot of important RFA's and UFA's to lock up this summer and next. Let the team grow together under a new coach and develop chemistry. That's how you win championships. Going out and getting paid mercenaries that will only be here a couple years to plug holes doesn't work. It hasn't worked in the 13 years Sather's been at the helm. He's never going to learn.
You're missing the point - he just got paid $32M by getting bought out. He likely won't demand a monster contract.

He's entering the ladder part of his career and wants to win + is close with Richards, so he may agree to sign for a minimal salary.

EmDeeZee4MVP is offline  
Old
06-27-2013, 11:32 PM
  #538
JeffMangum
Ra shi da
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 55,737
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmDeeZee4MVP View Post
You're missing the point - he just got paid $32M by getting bought out. He likely won't demand a monster contract.

He's entering the ladder part of his career and wants to win + is close with Richards, so he may agree to sign for a minimal salary.
Richards more than likely won't be here next season, so I doubt that's a factor.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was interested in coming here. It's NY, and the team is expected to compete next season.

__________________

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline  
Old
06-27-2013, 11:49 PM
  #539
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet
 
I Eat Crow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 6,076
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmDeeZee4MVP View Post
You're missing the point - he just got paid $32M by getting bought out. He likely won't demand a monster contract.

He's entering the ladder part of his career and wants to win + is close with Richards, so he may agree to sign for a minimal salary.
Doubt it. Teams with cap space will offer him a deal 3-4 years in length for 4-5 million a year. Tampa bought him out due to the long term cap implications. He's still a good 2nd line center, and he will be paid as such market value in addition to the checks he'll receive from Tampa.

I Eat Crow is offline  
Old
06-27-2013, 11:50 PM
  #540
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger61494 View Post
Letang turned down an 8 year/$56 million deal. Just WOW.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=426488
Penguins are gonna get screwed with this guy.

Silence Of The Plams is online now  
Old
06-28-2013, 12:10 AM
  #541
JeffMangum
Ra shi da
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 55,737
vCash: 300
Brennan Klak ‏@nhlupdate 1m
Brad May reporting that Vinny Lecavalier will not sign in Canada. I guess we'll see.

JeffMangum is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 12:27 AM
  #542
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB v2 0 View Post
Brennan Klak ‏@nhlupdate 1m
Brad May reporting that Vinny Lecavalier will not sign in Canada. I guess we'll see.
I would take a flyer on him but nothing too much.

Silence Of The Plams is online now  
Old
06-28-2013, 12:30 AM
  #543
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,213
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
I would take a flyer on him but nothing too much.
I'd pay him for what he is now.. a 2nd line center capable of 50+ points.

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 12:50 AM
  #544
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils
 
Tanner Glass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 16,865
vCash: 50
Can we stop trading for and signing old guys?

__________________
Tanner Glass is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 01:05 AM
  #545
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,213
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDubiZib View Post
Can we stop trading for and signing old guys?
An old guy that will out produce anyone on our team this coming season other than Nash and Stepan lol.

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 01:08 AM
  #546
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Country: Greece
Posts: 7,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger61494 View Post
Letang turned down an 8 year/$56 million deal. Just WOW.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=426488
Insane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
I'd pay him for what he is now.. a 2nd line center capable of 50+ points.
How long is Vinny going to be that second line, 50 point player though? 2 years? 3?

Vinny's production is likely to diminish over the next 2-3 years. So will his value. It makes no sense for him to seek that type of contract. Make pretend you're a player and ask yourself if it's better to take the 5/25M contract now, instead of a 3/15M then when you're on the clear downside of your career then possibly a 2/6M.

Stop hoping players are going to sign team-friendly contracts.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 01:08 AM
  #547
JeffMangum
Ra shi da
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 55,737
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDubiZib View Post
Can we stop trading for and signing old guys?
The Rangers roster is pretty green, especially sans Richards and Clowe. The oldest regular on the team would be Marty Biron, and the oldest regular skater would be Pyatt, followed by Nash. So, I'm not so sure adding an "old guy", as you put it, would be a bad thing. Lecavalier is 34 years old, and he can still produce. He's got size, isn't slow, is a great leader, has a ton of experience, and, most importantly, can fire the puck. I think he would be a tremendous addition to the powerplay. He'd give the Rangers the one-time shot that they have sorely lacked since Jagr left.

The more I think about it, the more I'd advocate going after Lecavalier. He is still a very good player. He had 32 points in 39 games last year. 49 in 64 the year prior. He's healthier now than he was the past few years, and I'd say he still has a good three years of high level hockey left. Play him on LW, rotate him at C depending on who's hot/who's cold. Adds versatility to the lineup.

Dreger mentioned that Toronto, Detroit, and Montreal would offer him around 3 years, $4.5M per. I'd definitely take him on that contract. Would much rather have him than Brière (although I wouldn't be opposed if Lecavalier decides to sign elsewhere), Ryder, or Clowe. Add Bolland, as well, and I think it's a damn good team to go into next season with.

Kreider-Stepan-Nash
Lecavalier-Brassard-Zuccarello
Hagelin-Bolland-Callahan
Miller/Fast-Boyle-Dorsett
Pyatt

That's just one scenario, but it's a scenario I really, really like.

JeffMangum is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 01:20 AM
  #548
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Country: Greece
Posts: 7,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB v2 0 View Post
The Rangers roster is pretty green, especially sans Richards and Clowe. The oldest regular on the team would be Marty Biron, and the oldest regular skater would be Pyatt, followed by Nash. So, I'm not so sure adding an "old guy", as you put it, would be a bad thing. Lecavalier is 34 years old, and he can still produce. He's got size, isn't slow, is a great leader, has a ton of experience, and, most importantly, can fire the puck. I think he would be a tremendous addition to the powerplay. He'd give the Rangers the one-time shot that they have sorely lacked since Jagr left.

The more I think about it, the more I'd advocate going after Lecavalier. He is still a very good player. He had 32 points in 39 games last year. 49 in 64 the year prior. He's healthier now than he was the past few years, and I'd say he still has a good three years of high level hockey left. Play him on LW, rotate him at C depending on who's hot/who's cold. Adds versatility to the lineup.

Dreger mentioned that Toronto, Detroit, and Montreal would offer him around 3 years, $4.5M per. I'd definitely take him on that contract. Would much rather have him than Brière (although I wouldn't be opposed if Lecavalier decides to sign elsewhere), Ryder, or Clowe. Add Bolland, as well, and I think it's a damn good team to go into next season with.

Kreider-Stepan-Nash
Lecavalier-Brassard-Zuccarello
Hagelin-Bolland-Callahan
Miller/Fast-Boyle-Dorsett
Pyatt

That's just one scenario, but it's a scenario I really, really like.
I wouldn't be opposed to Vinny one bit. I just don't see him signing a 3 year deal. When teams start missing out on their guys, things get messy. Especially when guys like Lecavalier hit the block. Teams are desperate for help down the middle with their top-6.

3 years, 4.5M though? Sign me up!

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 01:25 AM
  #549
mike14
Registered User
 
mike14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Melbourne
Country: Australia
Posts: 4,295
vCash: 500
Is Vinny L's health a concern? Only played 65 and 64 games in the seasons prior to this one but I can't remember (or be bothered looking up) what he sat out with.

Assuming Slats doesn't go crazy at the draft, I could handle VL for 3 years at about $5m per, especially if neither Richards or Clowe are coming back

mike14 is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 01:25 AM
  #550
JeffMangum
Ra shi da
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 55,737
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
I wouldn't be opposed to Vinny one bit. I just don't see him signing a 3 year deal. When teams start missing out on their guys, things get messy. Especially when guys like Lecavalier hit the block. Teams are desperate for help down the middle with their top-6.

3 years, 4.5M though? Sign me up!
He's getting paid a total of $32.667 million over the next 14 years, which amounts to an annual payment of $1.76 million. So, as long as he's given a decent paycheck, I think he'll be more concerned with fit and whether the team can contend as opposed to making as much money as he can. He's pretty set for the next 15 years.

Doesn't mean a team will overpay so that he simply can't refuse. If Brad May's report is true, though, it means two of his biggest contenders are already out of it (Toronto and Montreal).

JeffMangum is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:02 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.