HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

The Flyers use a compliance buyout on Ilya Bryzgalov's contract (updates in post #1)

Old
06-27-2013, 08:08 PM
LegionOfDoom91

vCash: 500
I don't really understand why Winter is running his mouth about the Flyers? Homer was pretty respectful towards Bryz in his presser announcing the buy-out basically putting the blame on himself for the contract and chalking it up as financial decision. Secondly, doesn't this idiot realize that there may be a day when one his another one of his clients is involved with the Flyers again?

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 09:08 PM
FlyingPhilly

http://www.delcotimes.com/articles/2...mode=fullstory

Man oh man. Hindsight is everything, although I have hated that contract from the start and didn't even want him after watching him against Detroit in the playoffs.

FlyingPhilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 09:16 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM

vCash: 156
Well, Morris nailed that.

06-27-2013, 09:27 PM
StevensCakeBakerBacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
I don't really understand why Winter is running his mouth about the Flyers? Homer was pretty respectful towards Bryz in his presser announcing the buy-out basically putting the blame on himself for the contract and chalking it up as financial decision. Secondly, doesn't this idiot realize that there may be a day when one his another one of his clients is involved with the Flyers again?
Doesn't matter one bit. The Flyers will do what they feel betters the team, regardless of what agent is representing the player they are trying to sign. That's what being a professional is all about.

Do you think the Flyers would stomp their feet like children to spite Winters and risk losing a player they really want on the team?

StevensCakeBakerBacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 09:29 PM
FlyingPhilly

From Bill's blog today, sounds like Bryz wouldn't have done good on the NYR two seasons ago or on a Torts team.

FlyingPhilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 09:34 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevensCakeBakerBacker View Post
Doesn't matter one bit. The Flyers will do what they feel betters the team, regardless of what agent is representing the player they are trying to sign. That's what being a professional is all about.

Do you think the Flyers would stomp their feet like children to spite Winters and risk losing a player they really want on the team?
I was hinting at the awkwardness it would create in future negotiations. This isn't the first time they had a bad encounter with Winters.

Obviously if its a guy they really want they'll pursue it but if its a guy they're on the fence about they may just say screw it and not deal with Winters.

Anyway it's still dumb on his part to be acting like an idiot when the Flyers handled the situation pretty well. I don't know why he was blindsided by the buy-out when everyone was hinting at it as soon as the new CBA was passed.

Old
06-27-2013, 09:42 PM
GoneFullHolmgren
def. hockey FAIL

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingPhilly View Post
http://www.delcotimes.com/articles/2...mode=fullstory

Man oh man. Hindsight is everything, although I have hated that contract from the start and didn't even want him after watching him against Detroit in the playoffs.
im sure we were saying Morris needs to **** back then as well.

GoneFullHolmgren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 09:53 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
I was hinting at the awkwardness it would create in future negotiations. This isn't the first time they had a bad encounter with Winters.

Obviously if its a guy they really want they'll pursue it but if its a guy they're on the fence about they may just say screw it and not deal with Winters.

Anyway it's still dumb on his part to be acting like an idiot when the Flyers handled the situation pretty well. I don't know why he was blindsided by the buy-out when everyone was hinting at it as soon as the new CBA was passed.
Supposedly Winters is Gus's agent.......

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 09:57 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
Supposedly Winters is Gus's agent.......
So basically he was unknowingly bashing one client in defense of another one?

Edit: Never mind I thought he blamed the defense for Bryz's struggles. I got him mixed up with some of the defenders on here excuses.

Last edited by LegionOfDoom91: 06-27-2013 at 10:03 PM.
Old
06-27-2013, 10:03 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
So basically he was unknowingly bashing one client in defense of another one?
The fact that Gus was much better at his job last yr then Bryz was at his, It's pretty damn funny.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 10:04 PM
FLYERSFAN18

Bryz will make Winters more money than Gus will.

FLYERSFAN18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 10:05 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:

As did Bryz (based on his press release). Winter is making his client look like a b**** IMO.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 10:18 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingPhilly View Post
From Bill's blog today, sounds like Bryz wouldn't have done good on the NYR two seasons ago or on a Torts team.
Wow I just read it..ha ha. I like how Bill thinks that Winters is repeating things that Bryz probably told him to say. I think Bill is probably right. It's true that Bryz always complained about not seeing the puck and I do remember the same excuse being made by Winters when Bryz faltered in the playoffs for Phoenix. Bryz also complained about being tired by the playoffs and then of course he actually falls asleep here in Philly on the bench and probably in the locker room as alleged by sleep gate. This guy was just a damn head case and I agree with Briere's comments recently that Bryz's mistake was bringing too much attention on himself with the media ...he was just as responsible and that it really picked up speed when he was benched for the Winter Classic and made all those dumb comments. He had a crappy attitude and was definitely a bad teammate and it was made obvious by comments from Tocchet and even Lappy in post game commentaries. Actually, I recall a number of times how the whole TV cast was basically making fun of Bryz. I'm glad this bum is gone....he was too much of a distraction and to me didn't show the resolve necessary to be a true number one goalie for this team..

Good riddence!

Old
06-28-2013, 07:32 AM
StevensCakeBakerBacker

Quote:

I agree that it's a stupid way to make your client look like a total victim in order to get th a new deal.

Is there a GM in the NHL that would buy this BS? There can't be on that says, "Ya know, Bryz played terrible last year; however, he has some great excuses. Lets lock him up."

StevensCakeBakerBacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 08:09 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevensCakeBakerBacker View Post
I agree that it's a stupid way to make your client look like a total victim in order to get th a new deal.

Is there a GM in the NHL that would buy this BS? There can't be on that says, "Ya know, Bryz played terrible last year; however, he has some great excuses. Lets lock him up."
well the Bryz defenders here certainly had that mentality. hope GMs dont

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 08:36 AM
JDinklage Morgoone
Formerly Hextall89

Whatever I'm just glad the whole thing is over. Hopefully we can all just let it go.

Old
06-30-2013, 11:40 PM
Butch 19
King me

So, if/when Bryz signs with another NHL team, that will have no impact whatsoever on the buyout, right?

He will still get the Flyers buyout payments along with new salary from new team...?

although he may have burned all his bridges, I really don't see any team desperate enough to throw Byrz in as a starting goalie. He could play as a backup, but at a huge discount.

Has the NHL seen the last of him?

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 12:53 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
So, if/when Bryz signs with another NHL team, that will have no impact whatsoever on the buyout, right?

He will still get the Flyers buyout payments along with new salary from new team...?

although he may have burned all his bridges, I really don't see any team desperate enough to throw Byrz in as a starting goalie. He could play as a backup, but at a huge discount.

Has the NHL seen the last of him?
I'd say the NHL has seen the last of him for a bit. It's a tough goalie market for Bryz to try to pawn off his wares like a gypsy. Maybe midseason somebody will be desperate enough to take a chance on him and his mercurial ways.

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 07-02-2013 at 08:50 AM.
Old
07-02-2013, 08:51 AM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
Whatever I'm just glad the whole thing is over. Hopefully we can all just let it go.
that would be nice, wouldn't it ?

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 09:04 AM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
that would be nice, wouldn't it ?
First steps.

Bryz who? I'm done with it

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 09:18 AM
Curufinwe

Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 01:31 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

#freemason

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 01:48 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM

vCash: 156
Quote:
#freemason
You're not truly getting your hopes up over Mason, are you? You might want to check his career work instead of getting pumped over a short hot streak. Goaltending is still a major question mark for this team. Fortunately, it's not currently a disgustingly overpaid question mark.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 08:15 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post

Yes, players get salaries from two teams depending on if they are under contract to two teams. As an example with the recent Vinnie Lecavalier signing:

Quote:
As it turns out, Lecavalier will make out better financially than if he had stayed with Tampa Bay, which still owed Lecavalier $45 million in the last seven years of his deal. With his new $22.5 million deal added to the $32.667 million he will be paid by the Lightning, Lecavalier will make $55.167 million.
http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/lightn...flyers/2129717

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 09:00 PM
kicksave27

Quote:
#freemason
would make an awesome T shirt using some sort of masonic emblem. Like his mask with the G is inside the compass and square.

kicksave27 is offline   Reply With Quote