HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 Offseason Thread Part V: Trade Em All!

Closed Thread

Old
06-28-2013, 11:31 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
If Clowe had not gotten his concussions, he would have been a great trade. By all reports, they were ready to give him an extension which would have a been a good move, prior to the injuries.
You are Clowe's #1 apologist.

He was injured all year, thats why he had 0 goals coming to the Rangers. Now, had he not gotten injured, that would've been a great trade.

....but he did, and it didnt take a genius to see he was breaking down before the trade. If Pavel Bure's knees didnt give out, that would've been a great trade too. If my aunt had a pair of balls, she'd be my uncle.

Old
06-28-2013, 11:32 AM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

vCash: 476
CaliDub, it doesn't matter here. He wasn't doing well on the Sharks so he wasn't allowed to do well here.

Old
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
The buck stops with Sather, so I dont know why you dragged Gorton's name into this to be honest. In the end, all an assistant GM can do is make suggestions.
Because the fanbase is ready to anoint Gorton as the Mesisah, when he's been under Sather's regime all along. It's not like the team has been largely successful, despite some of the highest payroll in the league.

Old
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

If Richards is back, to me it means Sather is going for it next season and retiring after that. He'd be leaving the cap mess to the next GM.
Selfish.

Old
06-28-2013, 11:33 AM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
If Richards is back, to me it means Sather is going for it next season and retiring after that. He'd be leaving the cap mess to the next GM.
Selfish.
Sounds like something he would do

Old
06-28-2013, 11:34 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Scouting,drafting and player develoment are keys to any organization especially in hockey. Not only scouting players for the draft. Making trades. Signing minor league free agents. Giving those players an opportunity. Put Kreider with players who have a pulse. Not Brian Boyle and Taylor Pyatt. Miller was good with Kreider and Callahan. Then he played one game with Gaborik and Callahan. That line was very good. Torts puts Miller on the wing with Boyle and Pyatt. Forget about it. Too many people here rely want the free agents or the "proven" players. Neil Smith was the perfect GM for these guys.

Old
06-28-2013, 11:35 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Selfish.
That's (part of) what I'm saying.

Old
06-28-2013, 11:35 AM
Dactyl
LMFAO KOSTKA

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDubiZib View Post
Well, he scored for the Rangers.
what he dod for the rangers doesnt matter at all to these people

Old
06-28-2013, 11:36 AM
Kershaw

Quote:
8 points in 12 games? He looked very good when he was healthy. He added a different dimension. If they had re-signed him, that trade is well worth it.
I don't think he looked very good at all. He looked good in one game vs. the Pens and was very lackluster in the others. He constantly got outshot while on the ice for the Rangers and skated in mud. He was carried by superior linemates all along. Besides, you can't ignore Clowe's injuries, those are a vital aspect as to why it was a poor business decision to fork over assets for an ineffective, injury prone player on his previous club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDubiZib View Post
Well, he scored for the Rangers.
Yeah those games vs. Pitts and Buffalo were as big of anomalies if I've ever seen one. Those are the games where Clowe produced 63% of his points. Overall, I thought he was another useless deadline acquisation. Chalk that up with Morris, Scott, Antropov and a few others I'm sure I'm missing.

Quote:

He was injured all year, thats why he had 0 goals coming to the Rangers. Now, had he not gotten injured, that would've been a great trade.

....but he did, and it didnt take a genius to see he was breaking down before the trade. If Pavel Bure's knees didnt give out, that would've been a great trade too. If my aunt had a pair of balls, she'd be my uncle.
Exactly. The stats support it, the eye-test supports it. Clowe is washed up and no longer the player he used to be.

Old
06-28-2013, 11:36 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:

I wasn't even defending Clowe. I was defending Sather. Reading comprehension.

Try again.

Old
06-28-2013, 11:37 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dactyl View Post
what he dod for the rangers doesnt matter at all to these people
He had almost as many concussions as goals and missed virtually the entire playoffs. Thats what he did for the Rangers.

Old
06-28-2013, 11:37 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
I wasn't even defending Clowe. I was defending Sather. Reading comprehension.

Try again.
Man, thats two bad bets you're doubling down on.

Old
06-28-2013, 11:38 AM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:

If not Clowe who?
Let's assume he signs for 3 years at 3M, what comparable player can you get for a 2nd rd pick and get a 5th in return?

Old
06-28-2013, 11:39 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Man, thats two bad bets you're doubling down on.
8 points in 12 games.

Old
Janerixon

https://twitter.com/Real_ESPNLeBrun

"Just my own guess at this point, but I'm thinking Rangers leaning towards NOT buying out Brad Richards. Could be wrong, but that's my guess" Pierre LeBrun has no evidence he is just taking a shot in the dark.

Richards is no longer a #1 or #2 center, heck he didn't even look like a 3rd line center at times this year especially in the playoffs. He was brought here to center Gaborik, Gabby is gone and now Richards is next.

Richards is well liked in the locker room and is close friends with Hank, so that may have some impact, but we don't have money to lock up Hank long term max money with Richards on the books. I'm sure Sather is trying to work out a trade for Richards, if that fails he will buy him out before the buyout deadline.

Old
Dactyl
LMFAO KOSTKA

Quote:
If not Clowe who?
Let's assume he signs for 3 years at 3M, what comparable player can you get for a 2nd rd pick and get a 5th in return?
clarkson brah the dudes a stud

Old
06-28-2013, 11:41 AM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:
clarkson brah the dudes a stud
Sure for 3 year at 3M, I'll take him and keep the 2nd, but he will be looking for a big payday.

Old
06-28-2013, 11:42 AM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
I don't think he looked very good at all. He looked good in one game vs. the Pens and was very lackluster in the others. He constantly got outshot while on the ice for the Rangers and skated in mud. He was carried by superior linemates all along. Besides, you can't ignore Clowe's injuries, those are a vital aspect as to why it was a poor business decision to fork over assets for an ineffective, injury prone player on his previous club.

Yeah those games vs. Pitts and Buffalo were as big of anomalies if I've ever seen one. Those are the games where Clowe produced 63% of his points. Overall, I thought he was another useless deadline acquisation. Chalk that up with Morris, Scott, Antropov and a few others I'm sure I'm missing.

Exactly. The stats support it, the eye-test supports it. Clowe is washed up and no longer the player he used to be.
more ambulance chasing by yours truly...

Old
06-28-2013, 11:42 AM
Kershaw

Quote:
If not Clowe who?
How about keep the picks, continue to take chance with drafting solid pieces like Fasth and Nieves instead of pissing it away for non-difference makers at the deadline?

Old
06-28-2013, 11:44 AM
Dactyl
LMFAO KOSTKA

Quote:
Sure for 3 year at 3M, I'll take him and keep the 2nd, but he will be looking for a big payday.
hes gonna get at least 5 million and he has a hockey IQ relative to boyles. i pass

Old
06-28-2013, 11:45 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
If not Clowe who?
We have zero idea what the market is going to look like come July 5th. This fear that we may not be able to fill roster spots so we should continue on with the mistakes we have has got to stop.

Old
Vitto79

Quote:
Selfish.
its a stupid risk they would be taking yes but at the same time its not like they cant buy him out next yr. Its stupid because if he gets hurt they are screeeeeeeeeeewed

Old
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
8 points in 12 games.
Should've been many more games. Do you not get that?

Seems like you're just fine on handing over $10M based on those 12 games, which is insane to me.

Old
06-28-2013, 11:46 AM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
How about keep the picks, continue to take chance with drafting solid pieces like Fasth and Nieves instead of pissing it away for non-difference makers at the deadline?
I disagree, he is a difference maker when healthy. And I was against the trade to begin with.
Somebody needs to enforce the peace or teams will be running our skill players.
The only comparable player we have is Yogan and he is 2+ years away.

Old
06-28-2013, 11:46 AM
Kershaw

Quote:
hes gonna get at least 5 million and he has a hockey IQ relative to boyles. i pass
Still a better hockey player than Ryane Clowe.

Closed Thread