HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Videogame Thread #3 (PSN/Gamertags/Steam): NHL 14 Trailer Released Today

Old
06-26-2013, 08:38 AM
ihatebraydenschenn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Anyone know where to get a cheap PS Vita? I want to get one but I can't bring myself to spend $200 for a handheld. Cheapest I have seen is $179 on ebay as "seller refurbished" condition which I don't trust. I don't mind buying a used one, either.
The 3DS is $170 brand new, but you might not be a fan of the games found on DS, or the legacy games. Can't blame you in that case, good luck finding a cheap Vita.

My birthday was yesterday.. Someone please gift me Last of Us kthnx.

Been playing a bunch of Tiger 14 on Xbox lately. If anyone had Tiger 14 for Xbox and wants to play, add me - nub whisperer.

ihatebraydenschenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 01:05 PM
SolidSnakeUS

What is probably the hardest game you've ever played (and I mean an actual game, not something like I Want to Be The Guy).

For me, I'd probably say God Hand. Even on Easy that game will ****ing punish you.

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 01:07 PM
GingerFetish

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
What is probably the hardest game you've ever played (and I mean an actual game, not something like I Want to Be The Guy).

For me, I'd probably say God Hand. Even on Easy that game will ****ing punish you.
Tohuou, Dark Souls, God Hand, uhh cant think of anymore off top of head.

MegaMan 1 maybe with Yellow Devil

I am big Persona fan so all those games on high difficulty will wreck you.

GingerFetish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 01:10 PM
SolidSnakeUS

There really needs to be another God Hand game. It's sheer difficulty would push so many people away .

On normal for Persona 4, some of the bosses could be a bit of pain. Like Izanami... **** her...

Old
06-28-2013, 02:27 PM
ihatebraydenschenn

Contra 3. Almost any Ninja Gaiden game.

I love a challenge, but some of these games are just stupid hard. I'm not going to touch Dark Souls.

EDIT: I feel like Skyrim is the biggest piece of overrated crap since breast implants.

Old
06-28-2013, 02:28 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by galvo View Post
Contra 3. Almost any Ninja Gaiden game.

I love a challenge, but some of these games are just stupid. I'm not going to touch Dark Souls.
You should try God Hand. Please try it on Easy first though haha. Even though it's punishing, the characters are memorable and it can be pretty damn funny.

Old
06-28-2013, 02:47 PM
ihatebraydenschenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
You should try God Hand. Please try it on Easy first though haha. Even though it's punishing, the characters are memorable and it can be pretty damn funny.
I read into it after you guys mentioned it and it seems pretty freaking awesome. I'll have to download a PS2 emulator when I get home. I gave my PS2 away to relatives years ago and my PS3 can't play PS2 games

I love Japanese games, from Katamari Damacy to Rival Schools, they produce some quality gaming.

Old
06-28-2013, 02:52 PM
SolidSnakeUS

It's apparently on PSN. It's $10 on there right now. It also didn't do well because it was a side project from the now dead Clover Studios, and the game was released less than a month after Okami.

Old
07-01-2013, 07:38 AM
kimmofan44

Quote:
Anyone know where to get a cheap PS Vita? I want to get one but I can't bring myself to spend $200 for a handheld. Cheapest I have seen is $179 on ebay as "seller refurbished" condition which I don't trust. I don't mind buying a used one, either.
I have a vita and despite its lack of games right now I love it. I'm playin through jak and daxter trilogy and persona 4 right now and kill zone for it looks awesome. I'd pick it up no matter what price personally

kimmofan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 08:28 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmofan44 View Post
I have a vita and despite its lack of games right now I love it. I'm playin through jak and daxter trilogy and persona 4 right now and kill zone for it looks awesome. I'd pick it up no matter what price personally
Yeah it looks awesome, I just can't bring myself to spend $250 for a vita when the PS3 costs $250 with a game. I'll probably buckle at some point, but until then I am going to continue to search for that good deal.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 10:30 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

To anyone getting a PS4 at launch.

What games are you getting?

If you were choosing between Killzone and Watch_Dogs, which would you get? I preordered Killzone, but I was looking at Watch_Dogs and am thinking about switching. The game I really want is The Order: 1886 but that is not coming out at launch. With Killzone I feel like you know what you are getting, a solid FPS with sick graphics. With Watch_Dogs you really don't know...could be an epic game or it could be a dud.

Old
07-22-2013, 10:59 AM
ihatebraydenschenn

Quote:
To anyone getting a PS4 at launch.

What games are you getting?

If you were choosing between Killzone and Watch_Dogs, which would you get? I preordered Killzone, but I was looking at Watch_Dogs and am thinking about switching. The game I really want is The Order: 1886 but that is not coming out at launch. With Killzone I feel like you know what you are getting, a solid FPS with sick graphics. With Watch_Dogs you really don't know...could be an epic game or it could be a dud.
Get both! If I had to decide, I'd go with Watch Dogs. I get my multiplayer FPS fix with Call of Duty _______. Watch Dogs looks pretty freaking amazing, although, I might be tied up with GTA5.

Old
07-22-2013, 11:14 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Get both! If I had to decide, I'd go with Watch Dogs. I get my multiplayer FPS fix with Call of Duty _______. Watch Dogs looks pretty freaking amazing, although, I might be tied up with GTA5.
I usually buy one game at a time so I actually finish it. If I buy two one gets left unplayed and usually by the time I finish the other, a different game is out that I'd rather have than the unplayed one. Sports games and fighting games are the exceptions. I usually have the current NCAA (though not anymore ), NHL, and MLB games, a Tiger Woods game that I like (doesn't have to be the most recent, just one that I enjoy...right now I have the 2012 one), and a fighting game. Then I have some sort of action/adventure game that gets rotated out once I beat it, unless it something truly epic like Skyrim or MGS. I think I'm going to trade in my whole system now though since gamestop is doing a 50%+ promotion.

Old
07-22-2013, 11:24 AM
ihatebraydenschenn

I hear ya. I finally bought Skyrim a couple of months ago and I barely play it. I've been playing Tiger 14, WWE 13 (****ing awesome if you loved the WWF during the Attitude Era) and Black Ops 2 (also late to this party).

Skyrim blows. Most overrated piece of garbage I've ever experienced.

Since last fall, I've played through:
- Borderlands 2
- Halo 4 multiplayer for a few months
- Borderlands 2 DLC
- Batman Arkham City (late to the party)
- Black Ops 2 (late to the party)
- Skyrim (blows donkey balls, can't believe I wasted $30 on that steaming pile of monkey poop)
- Tiger 14, loving career mode
- Back to Borderlands 2 for some Tiny Tina DLC + raised level cap

Just got my gold FAL in Black Ops 2 :sunglasses:

Old
07-22-2013, 12:18 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
I hear ya. I finally bought Skyrim a couple of months ago and I barely play it. I've been playing Tiger 14, WWE 13 (****ing awesome if you loved the WWF during the Attitude Era) and Black Ops 2 (also late to this party).

Skyrim blows. Most overrated piece of garbage I've ever experienced.

Since last fall, I've played through:
- Borderlands 2
- Halo 4 multiplayer for a few months
- Borderlands 2 DLC
- Batman Arkham City (late to the party)
- Black Ops 2 (late to the party)
- Skyrim (blows donkey balls, can't believe I wasted $30 on that steaming pile of monkey poop)
- Tiger 14, loving career mode
- Back to Borderlands 2 for some Tiny Tina DLC + raised level cap

Just got my gold FAL in Black Ops 2 :sunglasses:
Yeah I don't play action type games that much. I think over the past year or so I pretty much have only played Skyrim, God of War 3, and the Last of Us (outside of the sports titles and Mortal Kombat whenever I feel like just killing time or drinking beers with friends). I loved Skyrim, but I see how you could say it was overrated. God of War was pretty much the same as the rest of them. Last of Us was the best game I ever played. I just beat it yesterday and whish I hadn't because it was such an epic game. I hope Naughty Dog makes something similar on the PS4.

Old
07-22-2013, 01:26 PM
ihatebraydenschenn

My problem with Skyrim is that I expected some sort of major change from the Morrowind days. Annoying load times in between areas and buildings still exists. Having to run across the map for ten minutes, only to get mauled by some random Giant you didn't expect, then respawn where you started...? 1000 Gold for a crappy horse that will end up becoming obsolete sooner than later? I loved Morrowind, didn't really play Oblivion or Fallout and barely got into Skyrim. I'll probably give it another chance someday, because I typically love games like Skyrim.

For now, I'll get my RPG/loot/raid fix via Borderlands 2.

Oh yeah, does anyone on here play Borderlands 2 on Xbox? A few of my friends and I have all of the DLC and play Borderlands 2 often.

Also, if there are any fellow Black Ops 2 players - hit me up.

And, Tiger 14.. I wouldn't mind playing a round with a fellow Flyer fan.

EDIT: I really want to get Last of Us, but I'm too involved with BL2, BO2, WWE13 and Tiger 14 already. I still have to finish Pokemon Black v2 on my 3DS..

EDIT2: Wow, I completely forgot to mention Bioshock: Infinite in that list I previously posted. Amazing game, but it was entirely too short. I beat it in five days. Came and went.

Old
07-22-2013, 05:45 PM
PALE PWNR

Quote:
Yeah I don't play action type games that much. I think over the past year or so I pretty much have only played Skyrim, God of War 3, and the Last of Us (outside of the sports titles and Mortal Kombat whenever I feel like just killing time or drinking beers with friends). I loved Skyrim, but I see how you could say it was overrated. God of War was pretty much the same as the rest of them. Last of Us was the best game I ever played. I just beat it yesterday and whish I hadn't because it was such an epic game. I hope Naughty Dog makes something similar on the PS4.
If you liked last of us and you haven't played Uncharted 2 or 3 play both. Quantic Dreams the guys that made Heavy Rain are coming out with a new one as well for PS3, Beyond 2 Souls that looks really great.

PALE PWNR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 06:28 PM
Wiqkid*

They need to fix the damn HUT mode. The lower ranked team wins like 75% of the time. You could have a team full of Gretzky and Lemieuxs and lose to a brand new remade team 1-0 even though you had 40 shots compared to their 6. I broke two games because of that mode and never played again rofl. Its easily the most fun mode collecting cards and building a team of your favorite players but they shouldnt tilt the game to make it easier for the lower ranked teams.

Wiqkid* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 06:36 PM
Go For It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiqkid View Post
They need to fix the damn HUT mode. The lower ranked team wins like 75% of the time. You could have a team full of Gretzky and Lemieuxs and lose to a brand new remade team 1-0 even though you had 40 shots compared to their 6. I broke two games because of that mode and never played again rofl. Its easily the most fun mode collecting cards and building a team of your favorite players but they shouldnt tilt the game to make it easier for the lower ranked teams.
I'm not trying to sound like an *** or anything, but are you sure it's not just the difference in player skill?

Go For It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2013, 01:22 AM
PALE PWNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go For It View Post
I'm not trying to sound like an *** or anything, but are you sure it's not just the difference in player skill?
There legitimately is a tilt towards teams that have lesser players then you. Obviously I don't know how good he is at the game, but for me the better my team got the worse I got. I don't really play HUT that much but my team is 22-2. Up until recently I had scrubs. My top line was E. Wellwood-Z. Rinaldo-S. Kostitsyn. The rest of my team was mostly guys I've never heard of Raffi Torres and Corey Crawford in net. I played for a while and was 16-0 including a few matches with friends that had stacked rosters that couldn't beat me, I got bored with my current roster dropped some cash into it and now have a pretty stacked team myself, and since I've done that I let in **** goals, my defense gets caught in the stupid turn like a pylon glitch when anyone with any speed at all comes close and just in general the AI runs around like chickens with their heads cut off. My guys can't bury wide open nets and miss wide open passes. I mostly play EASHL and there is some in that but its less noticeable because there are less AI players and I mainly only play 4s 5s and 6s and never without a goalie. But there is something built into the game to give "weaker" opponents a distinct advantage in any game mode.

Old
07-23-2013, 08:29 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
If you liked last of us and you haven't played Uncharted 2 or 3 play both. Quantic Dreams the guys that made Heavy Rain are coming out with a new one as well for PS3, Beyond 2 Souls that looks really great.
Traded in my PS3 yesterday. Gonna be game-less until PS4 comes out (or until I buy a Vita).

Old
07-23-2013, 09:15 AM
Codith

HUT is ****ed

A) How the **** do you get amazing cards in packs? I think I have opened about 100 packs of gold and higher packs, and my best card was Dubinsky.

B) There are definitely tilts in game play, anyone who plays it enough can tell.

C) Training cards are lame and broken in this.

D) Why have a back up goalie if you can't swap him out during a game when he all of a sudden decides to suck and be tired?

Codith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2013, 10:09 AM
PALE PWNR

Quote:
Traded in my PS3 yesterday. Gonna be game-less until PS4 comes out (or until I buy a Vita).
Lucky for you PS4 is going to have an online market place to buy old games from the older gen consoles.

Old
07-23-2013, 10:13 AM
ihatebraydenschenn

Quote:
Lucky for you PS4 is going to have an online market place to buy old games from the older gen consoles.
That doesn't quite help his current situation..

Old
07-23-2013, 10:33 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Meh, I'm not too interested in that. Though it is a nice option to have.

Quote:
That doesn't quite help his current situation..
Ha, there's no situation. I really only have time to play on weekends anyway I probably should have just kept the PS3 and waited for more games to come out for the PS4 but I got too exicted and pre-ordered it. Haha.