HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

2013-2014 Roster Discussion II

Closed Thread

Old
06-28-2013, 04:35 AM
HolyShot*
Sniper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Y'see, what he plans to do is to move Justin Williams to LW and shift Voynov to be the top RW on the team. He will trade Dustin Brown because he's a bum, and have Willie Mitchell return as a center to replace the departing Jarret Stoll, since he uses a big stick and he could use that to win faceoffs against bigger centers. I think that's how his mind operates.
How the hell did you know? :O

Old
06-28-2013, 09:01 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123slam View Post
What's the general consensus around here about keeping Martinez vs. Muzzin? I would much rather trade Muzz. Martinez is a good player and has more to offer than Muzz in my opinion. Muzz just doesn't seem to "get it" and I get a feeling from interviews and such that he's not the brightest cat out there.
Take away that rookie of the month and those stats and his stats are garbage. He really didn't have a good season aside from that one hot month. I say we strike while the iron is hot and ditch the muffin.

Old
06-28-2013, 09:02 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Wpg huh? Could be Burmistrov.

Old
06-28-2013, 09:33 AM
SnapVirus

Hey guys, where does Toffoli play on your line-up next season? Is he a locke for the NHL, and if yes with who should he be playing?

Old
06-28-2013, 09:36 AM
cnshockey
A World Alone

vCash: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapVirus View Post
Hey guys, where does Toffoli play on your line-up next season? Is he a locke for the NHL, and if yes with who should he be playing?
He SHOULD be in the lineup. Played great when given the chance. Made a believer out of me, who was probably his biggest disbeliever. One of the things I think that Tyler really has going for him is that he won't have a huge pressure role in his first full year. There's a chance they try and convert him to LW to play on the 2nd line with Richards and Carter as he had great chemistry with Carter but a betting man would put him on RW on the 3rd line. If that is the case, his center is guaranteed to be Jarret Stoll. Some delusional fans will tell you they want Richards as our 3rd line center. That's not happening. That 3rd line LW spot then would probably end up being Matt Frattin or Dwight King, depending on what happens with our 2nd line LW spot. Hope this helps.

Old
06-28-2013, 10:38 AM
BigBrown
They did it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapVirus View Post
Hard to say, we'll have to wait until late summer to have a better feel. It's looking likely right now but who knows after the free agency period and after camp.

Old
06-28-2013, 11:01 AM
KingKopitar11
Drew Doughty Eh?

I think Toffoli is basically a lock for the line up next season either 2nd or 3rd line

Old
06-28-2013, 11:25 AM
KBA4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
I think Toffoli is basically a lock for the line up next season either 2nd or 3rd line
He better be

Old
06-28-2013, 11:31 AM
Peter James Bond

Re: Toffoli.
He will definitely be in the lineup going forward - either on the 2nd or 3rd line.

One thing I thought was interesting after the playoffs, was what Sutter said, regarding Toffoli. He said that if Tyler wants to be in the NHL, he needs to get stronger...or does he want to be a good AHL player. Something like that. He did mention Tyler shows great promise and has skills, but I think he wasn't putting him down when he said this. I think he did it to let Tyler know there is still work to do and a commitment to add strength.

It wasn't like Tyler is a wimp, getting knocked off the puck, because he did battle. I know Tyler has worked hard on his skating, when that area was a shortcoming to his game when they drafted him. He did work on his skating and was committed to that. I think he will work hard over the Summer and come to camp stronger and ready.

Tyler absolutely has 30 goal potential - no question - his hands and shooting ability to put pucks in the net is exceptional. His work ethic and drive seem excellent as well. He was AHL rookie of the year and stepped into the NHL and looked very good in each game. He had a few suspect games, but only very very few kids come into the NHL and don't show some lack in some way.

Some say he cannot play LW and not make him work to transition to LW. Not everyone can do it and I do not think it is fair to ask a 21 yr old rookie to do it. I would rather see him at 3rd line RW, then to try and force him to be at 2nd line LW. He should be put into his natural position.

Old
06-28-2013, 11:38 AM
KingKopitar11
Drew Doughty Eh?

Hopefully Toffoli is working out with Jeff Carter.

Old
06-28-2013, 11:48 AM
Reclamation Project
User Lacks Class

vCash: 498
Hopefully Kopitar is.

Old
06-28-2013, 11:57 AM
KingKopitar11
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclamation Project View Post
Hopefully Kopitar is.
Kopitar is still in LA right?

Old
06-28-2013, 12:26 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Nope, flew back to Slovenia right after the playoffs.

Old
06-28-2013, 12:27 PM
deeshamrock

Quote:
Flew home on the 14th...(per his tweets concerning home sweet home and jet lag issues)

Old
06-28-2013, 12:40 PM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Take away that rookie of the month and those stats and his stats are garbage. He really didn't have a good season aside from that one hot month. I say we strike while the iron is hot and ditch the muffin.
Let's take away Martinez's best stats of the month and see how they compare.

Good luck finding a good month though.

Old
06-28-2013, 01:02 PM
123slam

Honestly, if Kopi doesn't spend over a month in LA training with Carter and other teammates, I'm gonna be damn pissed. He needs to take his offseason conditioning much more seriously. Same goes for Cannon and everyone else.

Old
06-28-2013, 01:20 PM
KingKopitar11
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post
Flew home on the 14th...(per his tweets concerning home sweet home and jet lag issues)
You've got to be kidding me. When is he actually gonna train? My god they should revoke his passport.

Old
06-28-2013, 01:40 PM
Brad Doty
System Goalie

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post
Less than a week after the last game eh? That's gonna set some people off!

I do hope he rehabs properly and trains hard...

Edit: yep, everyone beat me to it

Old
06-28-2013, 01:45 PM
DontgoZiggy

Quote:
Honestly, if Kopi doesn't spend over a month in LA training with Carter and other teammates, I'm gonna be damn pissed. He needs to take his offseason conditioning much more seriously. Same goes for Cannon and everyone else.
I don't know if I want him to change his training regime too much, the guys been pretty durable, if he gets too tuned up he might end up more injury prone

Old
06-28-2013, 01:45 PM
deeshamrock

Quote:
You've got to be kidding me. When is he actually gonna train? My god they should revoke his passport.
From this post season telcon, I'm guessing he'll stay at home and come back for training camp, he saids 'pretty much the same' , is that what he normally does?

On that ‘re-evaluating’ he mentioned and his summer plans:

“It’s going to be pretty much the same routine. There might be a tweak or two here and there. But, it’s not going to be a whole lot different. The last couple of years we’ve played lots of hockey and had fairly long seasons too. So, now it’s maybe a week of recharging and really trying to unwind from all the physical and mental stress that you put on your body over the course of the season. Then, I’ll start working out again and getting ready for next year.”

Old
06-28-2013, 01:53 PM
FootKnight
This ****ing team

Some of you are really upset about Kopitar going home during the summer? Come on, it's not like doesn't train while he's there and then comes to camp out of shape. If I played on the Kings I'd probably go there with him. Hell, if I made that kind of money I'd probably own a house there and go anyway.

Old
06-28-2013, 02:01 PM
Perro

Quote:
Ya he definitely will is not be able to train overseas right?
I will be the first to say he did not preform to standards this off season, however with him playing during the lockout after the cup run last year, this was a long year for Kopitar. As much as conditioning may have played a part in it so to could have mental aspects of the game. Maybe he is burnt out mentally and just need some R&R.
Good for him going home.

Last edited by Perro: 06-28-2013 at 02:03 PM. Reason: *
Old
06-28-2013, 02:03 PM
123slam

Training with NHL players is a lot different than playing hockey against Slovenians and working out with them...

Old
06-28-2013, 02:10 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
Ya he definitely will is not be able to train overseas right?
I will be the first to say he did not preform to standards this off season, however with him playing during the lockout after the cup run last year, this was a long year for Kopitar. As much as conditioning may have played a part in it so to could have mental aspects of the game. Maybe he is burnt out mentally and just need some R&R.
Good for him going home.
He was wearing a knee brace all season after he came back from the injury in Sweden. His skating looked off and he didn't seem as strong on his skates as he normally does. Not making excuses but I think the brace was affecting him more than he wanted to admit.

He always goes home for the summer... Even like 3 years ago when Brown set up a dealie for the whole team to basically spend the summer training and skating together all summer (about half the team stayed if I remember) Kopitar went to Slovenia and came back a couple of weeks before training camp started. Does it every year.

Old
06-28-2013, 02:14 PM
Perro

Quote:
Training with NHL players is a lot different than playing hockey against Slovenians and working out with them...
It's worked for him so far.

Closed Thread