HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 Offseason Thread Part V: Trade Em All!

Closed Thread

Old
06-28-2013, 02:20 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
Kershaw,

Seems like there's not a player on this team save one or two guys that you are a fan of.

don't like the GM either.

Why do you root for the Rangers?

Serious question. I'm interested in hearing the answer.
I root for the Rangers because they are my favorite team in professional sports. The team that I grew up that further led to the passion of playing my favorite sport of hockey. They are the first and last team I'll root for, even if the players suck and management team is managed by monkeys. It's not about the name on the back.....

Old
06-28-2013, 02:23 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
The Rangers were down 3-0 in the series. They weren't coming back against Boston. The $60M man was scratched in elimination games. Kris Newbury. That's all.

Quote:
The 33-year-old Richards, an alternate captain who has seven years left on the nine-year, $60 million deal he signed in July 2011, has been largely ineffective in 10 playoff games. He has one goal and no assists and has a minus-3 rating.

"Don't put words in my mouth, because I'm not blaming Brad, because he is a hell of a hockey player that's having a hell of a time," Tortorella said. "I need to make decisions about what I feel is right for our team to win tonight's game. That's why I made that decision."

Richards had already been dropped to the fourth line and had his ice time cut. Richards' inability to get New York's woeful power play going left him as an odd-man out.
http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...vs-Bruins.html

Then Sather indicates Torts didn't scratch Richards on his own. It was an organizational decision. Ownership must not have been involved.

Old
06-28-2013, 02:24 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
I am as well. He wants the whole team flatlined. Most likely dislikes AV. He just recently calling Gorton, Sather's lap dog... Can't stand the 94 team, hates Messier...

he's either 90 years old and a fan of the 1934 rangers team, or not a fan of the team at all.
I have to say you may be false on both accounts.

Old
06-28-2013, 02:26 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
I root for the Rangers because they are my favorite team in professional sports. The team that I grew up that further led to the passion of playing my favorite sport of hockey. They are the first and last team I'll root for, even if the players suck and management team is managed by monkeys. It's not about the name on the back.....
Now explain the avatar

Old
06-28-2013, 02:27 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Now explain the avatar
Biebs is a passionate hockey fan.

Old
06-28-2013, 02:34 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

Quote:
So is Dave Coulier.

Old
06-28-2013, 02:34 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Do you look like Biebs, by any chance?

Old
06-28-2013, 02:37 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
The fact that it wasn't unanimous is a black mark on this board.

Why not?
Play him an entire season and a round and a half then suddenly worry about him getting hurt?

Old
06-28-2013, 02:42 PM
Lundsanity30

1:28PM:*On TSN, Darren Dreger said that the expectation was for the Rangers to follow in the same path as Tampa Bay did, with Vinny Lecavalier, and buy out Richards but that things have changed a bit and that his sense is that the Rangers are going to announce that they are NOT buying out Richards.He says that the Rangers seem like they are willing to allow Richards to prove he is as motivated as he says he is to return to being a top player.. Snyrangersblog. Com

Old
06-28-2013, 02:45 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
Play him an entire season and a round and a half then suddenly worry about him getting hurt?
They were down 3-0.

Old
06-28-2013, 02:48 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
1:28PM:*On TSN, Darren Dreger said that the expectation was for the Rangers to follow in the same path as Tampa Bay did, with Vinny Lecavalier, and buy out Richards but that things have changed a bit and that his sense is that the Rangers are going to announce that they are NOT buying out Richards.He says that the Rangers seem like they are willing to allow Richards to prove he is as motivated as he says he is to return to being a top player.. Snyrangersblog. Com
Another one "senses" it. Nothing concrete yet.

Old
06-28-2013, 02:48 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Always a pleasure to be a fan of such a dynamic organization.

Old
06-28-2013, 02:56 PM
Lundsanity30

Of course no one thought Torts was going anywhere either

Old
06-28-2013, 02:58 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Quote:
Of course no one thought Torts was going anywhere either
Exactly. The Rangers are pretty tight-lipped when it comes to this sort of stuff. I still fully expect him to be bought out.

RangerBoy posted an article the other day and made an interesting point — Brassard, Stepan, Hagelin, Callahan, Nash, and Kreider were mentioned as the "skill, top-6 players"...what name is missing from that list?

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
06-28-2013, 03:02 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB v2 0 View Post
Exactly. The Rangers are pretty tight-lipped when it comes to this sort of stuff. I still fully expect him to be bought out.

RangerBoy posted an article the other day and made an interesting point — Brassard, Stepan, Hagelin, Callahan, Nash, and Kreider were mentioned as the "skill, top-6 players"...what name is missing from that list?
You say tightlipped....I say indecisive.

Old
06-28-2013, 03:03 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I don't disagree with that, but I still think that, in the end, they decide to buy him out.

Old
06-28-2013, 03:04 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Quote:

Boyle!

The Rangers organization is very secretive. A few days ago Sather said he knew what his decision was on Richards. A day later he said a decision was "coming soon". Now it doesn't sound like a decision is near because there are differing opinions.

I wouldn't be surprised if the team is leaking fake rumors to both sides of the scenario to throw everybody off of the trail of what they're really up to.

Old
06-28-2013, 03:06 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
I don't disagree with that, but I still think that, in the end, they decide to buy him out.
I just cant believe the decision hasnt been made and announced already. Its a major roadblock regarding how this team is going to move forward one way or the other.

Old
06-28-2013, 03:07 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Neil Smith, the general manager of the 1994 Cup-winning Blueshirts, told the Daily News on Friday that while holding onto Richards could be the right move for current GM Glen Sather, it would limit maneuverability in the short term.

"The only hope (for the Rangers) to give themselves any flexibility to change their roster is by buying (Richards) out, so that's what makes me think that they would," Smith, now an analyst for NHL Network and Rogers Sportsnet in Canada, said on the phone. "I don't know whether they should or not. That's up to them. But the logic behind that would be freeing the money – obviously the team had some deficiencies – and to shore up those deficiencies and make the team better. It's their only card to play. If they don't play that card, that's fine, but they go in next year with the same roster."
Quote:
"I can't say whether I'd do it because I don't know the player very well, but I know the logic behind these teams doing this stuff," Smith said, "and I would really be surprised if they didn't do it, because there really is no other way for them to get that flexibility."
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...icle-1.1385328

Same team. Same problems. Same results. They can't blame the coach again.

Quote:
Could the delay simply be that there is no benefit to the Rangers and some benefit to opponents if they buy out Richards sooner than later?
Quote:
Richards, because of no-move clause, doesn't require waivers. Rangers can wait until July 4. Why not wait, then?
https://twitter.com/rangersreport

Bobby Holik was bought on the last day in 2005.

Old
06-28-2013, 03:10 PM
eco's bones

I guess that some people need more proof. Kris Newbury keep your skates sharp.

Cap flexibility just about disappears as well. Be enough just to sign our own RFA's. If Richards comes back we're going to have pretty much the same lineup as last year.

Old
06-28-2013, 03:10 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
The #leafs aren't getting much interest from teams looking to trade for Dion Phaneuf, per Dave Nonis
https://twitter.com/reporterchris/st...06656356745217

Reasons why
1)Celine Dion sucks
2)$6.5M cap hit
3)Last year of his contract

Old
06-28-2013, 03:13 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...icle-1.1385328

Same team. Same problems. Same results. They can't blame the coach again.

https://twitter.com/rangersreport

Bobby Holik was bought on the last day in 2005.
Bring back Neil Smith! He gets it.

Old
06-28-2013, 03:15 PM
azrok22

Given the names of players being shopped, Sather deserves significant props for moving Gaborik at the deadline.

Now don't **** it up, Glen.

Old
06-28-2013, 03:19 PM
azrok22

Quote:
Louis Jean, a TV reporter in Montreal, tweets that the Rangers haven’t made a decision on Richards yet because there a differing opinions within the organization.
If true, Dolan/Sather needs to cull those who are saying to keep Richards. Those individuals are not concerned about the Rangers long-term future.

Old
06-28-2013, 03:23 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
According to the sny report, indecision is exactly the hold up. Apparently there is differing opinion within the organization on Richards for this season.

You'd have to assume that even if they did decide not to buy him out before July 4th this summer, that he's guaranteed to be bought out next summer. Assuming he's healthy.

Bad decision not to buy him out.

Closed Thread