HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What's going on? Part 3

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-26-2013, 12:26 PM
  #851
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,280
vCash: 7000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Flaming View Post
No problem, thanks for checking it out in the first place. I hope you liked what you heard.
Can you give us any clarity on this Nichushkin quitting/poor combine thing?

Seems Button is denying that any of this happened.

I am the Liquor is offline  
Old
06-26-2013, 12:28 PM
  #852
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO
 
Valic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,676
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Flaming View Post
No problem, thanks for checking it out in the first place. I hope you liked what you heard.
Thanks Guy will listen to the podcast later

Valic is online now  
Old
06-27-2013, 12:56 AM
  #853
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner
 
Guy Flaming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Press Box & on Air
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,241
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Can you give us any clarity on this Nichushkin quitting/poor combine thing?

Seems Button is denying that any of this happened.
Sorry Mr. Leahy, I wasn't there so you'd have to ask either Ross (@RossMacLean) or someone else who was at the combine. He was the one telling that story on the show.

__________________
Listen live to The Pipeline Show or find the audio archives and our blog at: www.thepipelineshow.com
Guy Flaming is offline  
Old
06-27-2013, 02:04 PM
  #854
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,308
vCash: 98
Guy Flaming ‏@TPS_Guy 16s
Man... @matthewiwanyk and @SportsnetSpec just bumped me for some guy named Sam Gagner. Whatever. Now on at 1:20pm. @TheTeam1260

lol

joestevens29 is offline  
Old
06-27-2013, 02:13 PM
  #855
Brewster
Registered User
 
Brewster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 874
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Flaming View Post
The show is now archived and available HERE.
Great, I loved the show last year and will definitely give this a listen. Thanks!

Brewster is offline  
Old
06-27-2013, 03:23 PM
  #856
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,280
vCash: 7000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Flaming View Post
Sorry Mr. Leahy, I wasn't there so you'd have to ask either Ross (@RossMacLean) or someone else who was at the combine. He was the one telling that story on the show.
Did he see this himself or was he just repeating what he heard? I would really like to know where this info came from and what the details were. If you would be comfortable finding out or asking around, and feel ok letting us know it would be appreciated.

I am the Liquor is offline  
Old
06-27-2013, 03:33 PM
  #857
Psycho Dad
Oil Kings
 
Psycho Dad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sherwood Park
Posts: 10,436
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Did he see this himself or was he just repeating what he heard? I would really like to know where this info came from and what the details were. If you would be comfortable finding out or asking around, and feel ok letting us know it would be appreciated.
I heard a hint of this on the Spector Show too. Looks like we have a "faller" in the top 10.

Psycho Dad is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 09:44 AM
  #858
OilerFan4Life
Registered User
 
OilerFan4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Heartland of Hockey
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,605
vCash: 500
Bell's takeover of Astral finalized.

So....does that mean 1260 will become TSN Radio??

OilerFan4Life is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 10:35 AM
  #859
Heavy Dee
Registered User
 
Heavy Dee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,504
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerFan4Life View Post
Bell's takeover of Astral finalized.

So....does that mean 1260 will become TSN Radio??
good question, i think it will be. i wonder how smug tencer feels about this?

Heavy Dee is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 03:13 PM
  #860
djdragan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerFan4Life View Post
Bell's takeover of Astral finalized.

So....does that mean 1260 will become TSN Radio??


and does that mean the end of the Spector Show (as he is employed by Sportsnet)?

djdragan is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 03:23 PM
  #861
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,308
vCash: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdragan View Post
and does that mean the end of the Spector Show (as he is employed by Sportsnet)?
I hope they add some different programming anyway. What the hell is there to talk about for 12 hours of local sports in a couple weeks from now?

joestevens29 is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 06:04 PM
  #862
newfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 113
vCash: 500
I miss Jungle Jim...bring him back

newfan is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 06:25 PM
  #863
The Head Crusher
Moderator
 
The Head Crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,957
vCash: 18821
Send a message via MSN to The Head Crusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
I miss Jungle Jim...bring him back
Hunter? Just don't bring back Jim Rome, I hate that guy.

__________________
The Head Crusher is offline  
Old
06-30-2013, 09:44 PM
  #864
abootzky
Registered User
 
abootzky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,037
vCash: 500
The best part of the TEAM's Draft Day coverage? Guy Flaming & company completing the marathon in mostly fine form. It was a far more entertaining Sunday afternoon/evening of radio than the usual endless re-runs of ESPN's A Sporting Life.

The worst part? We get it Guy and sidekick. You don't think the CFL is worthy of your attention. Needless potshots- especially coming from a couple of USHL nerds.

abootzky is offline  
Old
07-02-2013, 02:43 AM
  #865
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner
 
Guy Flaming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Press Box & on Air
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,241
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Quote:
Originally Posted by abootzky View Post
The best part of the TEAM's Draft Day coverage? Guy Flaming & company completing the marathon in mostly fine form. It was a far more entertaining Sunday afternoon/evening of radio than the usual endless re-runs of ESPN's A Sporting Life.

The worst part? We get it Guy and sidekick. You don't think the CFL is worthy of your attention. Needless potshots- especially coming from a couple of USHL nerds.
Hey sorry if I gave that impression. I vaguely remember the CFL coming up when someone texted in and asked where I was taken in the CFL draft... I could have ignored it, instead I took it in stride and joked about being a free agent.

I have nothing against the CFL at all but know virtually nothing about it to report on it. I go to an Eskimos game once every 2-3 years, might watch 3 or 4 on TV in a season.

I'd rather be honest about my lack of knowledge on a sport or a specific subject than try to fake it. I appreciate the kind words on our draft coverage though, hard to believe talking non stop for 8.5 hours could be so tiring but I was wiped when we were done. Fun day though.

Guy Flaming is offline  
Old
07-02-2013, 02:53 AM
  #866
Philly85
Moody'
 
Philly85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 12,133
vCash: 500
don't worry Guy the CFL sucks lol

Philly85 is offline  
Old
07-02-2013, 12:50 PM
  #867
abootzky
Registered User
 
abootzky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,037
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly85 View Post
don't worry Guy the CFL sucks lol
Ha! I was feeling that way Saturday afternoon sweating in the hot sun watching my beloved Eskimos get crushed in a stadium infested with delighted fans of the visiting team... but that's probably for another thread.

Guy: I'm glad you noticed my praise of your hard work on draft day. It was an off-hand comment by whoever you were talking to (Majeau? Iwanyck?) that (mostly) set me off. Two seconds of stuff I didn't appreciate during eight+ hours or so of discussion is pretty good if you ask me.

abootzky is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 01:18 PM
  #868
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,308
vCash: 98
2nd hour of free agency and we have a repeat of the horcoff interview and jungle jim or something on the radio.

Very sad.

joestevens29 is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 05:15 PM
  #869
abootzky
Registered User
 
abootzky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,037
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
2nd hour of free agency and we have a repeat of the horcoff interview and jungle jim or something on the radio.

Very sad.
I never thought I'd say this but I now can handle small doses of Jungle Jim. That's what it was today- a very short show promo on Lowedown... with Jungle's obnoxious but kinda funny take on the free agent frenzy thrown in. It was actually a refreshing little break from the parade of bloggers clamouring for the return of Tom Gilbert.

abootzky is offline  
Old
07-09-2013, 12:38 AM
  #870
abootzky
Registered User
 
abootzky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,037
vCash: 500
Every time I hear Sean Jones say "Sing it, sister!" to his female sidekick during the newest Spence Diamonds commercial, a little part of me dies inside. I don't think I'm alone.

abootzky is offline  
Old
07-09-2013, 08:31 AM
  #871
OilerFan4Life
Registered User
 
OilerFan4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Heartland of Hockey
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,605
vCash: 500
Russ Dratwah or whatever sounds like a d-bag.

JMO

OilerFan4Life is offline  
Old
07-10-2013, 04:12 PM
  #872
OilerFan4Life
Registered User
 
OilerFan4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Heartland of Hockey
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,605
vCash: 500
Not the biggest Brownlee fan but wow

@dantencer6m
In an effort to keep up with the competition, I'm looking for a certified windshield installer to join me tonight to analyze this deal.


1) Tencer shows everyone that he listens to Gregor's show
2) Tencer has no sports journalism experience and is ripping a guy who worked the Oilers beat for over a decade.

OilerFan4Life is offline  
Old
07-10-2013, 04:41 PM
  #873
JustinCider
Registered User
 
JustinCider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Earth
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,169
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerFan4Life View Post
Not the biggest Brownlee fan but wow

@dantencer6m
In an effort to keep up with the competition, I'm looking for a certified windshield installer to join me tonight to analyze this deal.


1) Tencer shows everyone that he listens to Gregor's show
2) Tencer has no sports journalism experience and is ripping a guy who worked the Oilers beat for over a decade.
The guy is pretty high on himself, and very disrespectful.

JustinCider is offline  
Old
07-10-2013, 05:17 PM
  #874
metallicat
@metallicat51
 
metallicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Edmonton AB, Canada
Country: Ireland
Posts: 6,391
vCash: 500
He's just a little punk who likes to dish it but can't take it. Blocked me on twitter when I made a comment about him in which he wasn't even mentioned. Then he acts like this? Can't stand him.

metallicat is offline  
Old
07-10-2013, 08:05 PM
  #875
t0mf00lery
Registered User
 
t0mf00lery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Barrie, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,857
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicat View Post
He's just a little punk who likes to dish it but can't take it. Blocked me on twitter when I made a comment about him in which he wasn't even mentioned. Then he acts like this? Can't stand him.
Definitely not the classiest guy is he? Seems to be making a big deal of all his "haters" lately.

I live here in the GTA and listen to both all-sports station (TSN and Sportsnet) regularly and have never seen a guy from one station take such a childish, unprofessional, and personal shot at another local sports media guy.

t0mf00lery is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:44 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.