HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 Offseason Thread Part V: Trade Em All!

Closed Thread

Old
06-28-2013, 03:24 PM
JeffMangum
Man Girardi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
If true, Dolan/Sather needs to cull those who are saying to keep Richards. Those individuals are not concerned about the Rangers long-term future.
How do you know it's not Dolan not wanting to pay another player to just 'go away'? I'd say he has that right at this point.

06-28-2013, 03:25 PM
Bardof425*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
So if your 20 years of watching games and "alot" of playing experience means I should trust you re: Boyle, what does Torts' 9 years of playing and 25 years of coaching mean?

Also, I don't know if you saw it, but during the Vancouver presser, Tortorella said he's never heard of behindthenet.ca, so you know those pesky stats aren't clouding his judgment.
Torts simply likes his game; as do others. I don't. You don't have to trust my opinion, but you don't need to be so dismissive either. As i said, let's see what AV thinks.

Old
06-28-2013, 03:26 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
If he was still performing it wouldn't be a financial decision so therefore AV could want to see if he can fix him.. The coaches always have say
Except he isn't and AV has been on the job what like two weeks? He doesn't have a whole lot of say in the decision has to trust GM/Ownership IMO. The issue is whether or not they will see a return on their investment, which so far hasn't been the case. I would think it's Dolan who is torn on whether or not to keep him. Coaches generally don't know a ton about players on other teams outside of reputation, which means AV's initial response is probably something along the lines of "he used to be good".

Old
06-28-2013, 03:28 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
Torts simply likes his game; as do others. I don't. You don't have to trust my opinion, but you don't need to be so dismissive either. As i said, let's see what AV thinks.
If AV likes Boyle, will you admit your opinion is not trustworthy?

Old
06-28-2013, 03:31 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

I would love to know who within the organization is advocating keeping Richards. In a vacuum, I could see plenty of points for keeping him, but the financial impact down the road is way too rocky to not use this get out of jail free card.

Dolan is the only dissenter I'd accept, after all its his money being flushed down the toilet again.

Old
06-28-2013, 03:34 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Same team. Same results.

Old
06-28-2013, 03:37 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Bob McKenzie‏@TSNBobMcKenzie4m
NYR will not be using their remaining compliance buyout this summer so Brad Richards will remain a Blueshirt.

I'm freaking out. Sather better know about a little known CBA loophole so the team won't be on the hook for Richards' cap hit for 7 more years if he gets hurt.

Old
06-28-2013, 03:38 PM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
If AV likes Boyle, will you admit your opinion is not trustworthy?
That's a ridiculous question. Go away "he of no value".

Old
06-28-2013, 03:40 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
That's a ridiculous question. Go away "he of no value".
Im really interested to know the answer, considering 2 established NHL coaches would've trumped your opinion.

Old
06-28-2013, 03:41 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
NYR will not be using their remaining compliance buyout this summer so Brad Richards will remain a Blueshirt.

I'm freaking out. Sather better know about a little known CBA loophole so the team won't be on the hook for Richards' cap hit for 7 more years if he gets hurt.
well, that confirms it.

Old
06-28-2013, 03:41 PM
JohnC
Dubnyk=Lundqvist

Well it's official now...

Old
06-28-2013, 03:42 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by backofthefridge View Post
Zipay is the only guy who thinks Richards is a goner. I wouldn't trust him. He never seems to have any scoops. Richards will be on the rangers next year sadly.
Could be that everyone is just speculating. It seems like many kind of are grasping for straws here. At best having info about the ifs and buts.

Old
06-28-2013, 03:45 PM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Im really interested to know the answer, considering 2 established NHL coaches would've trumped your opinion.
Or maybe just one

Old
06-28-2013, 03:45 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post

Clowns. Clowns everywhere.

Old
06-28-2013, 03:51 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Here's hoping he bounces back big time.

Old
06-28-2013, 03:52 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

This just confirms that these are the true baffoons responsible for running this organization

Old
06-28-2013, 03:53 PM
nsvoyageurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR View Post
I agree that Clowe probably isn't the answer, but one gets the sense slats wanted him for years. If that's true, he's not leaving.

To the other point, of all the "solid pieces" we drafted in the last 15 years, the successful ones (outside Lundqvist, Staal, Callahan, Tyutin and Stepan) have been guys like Corey Potter, Joey Crabb and Lauri Korpikoski. We drafted Jessiman at no. 12, then Montoya at 3, Staal, then Sanguinetti. More recently Miller, McIlrath, Del Zotto, Skjei (none of whom are shaping up to be "difference-makers"--some more than others). Maybe St. Croix, definitely Stepan.

We've signed two good undrafted guys in Girardi and Parenteau (who got decent with the Isles, not us), maybe MZA. The rest have sucked.

Our "rebuild" started in 2004 and was very noncommital. We traded crap for crap and drafted gus like Olver, Byers and Bahensky. Saviors, like Immonen, Balej, Kondratiev and Jessiman would take a few years, so we iced a team of 4th liners and 6th d-men and Jagr. The "new" NHL worked to our advantage, and we became "a pretty good team" again. The rebuild ended. We haven't progressed. I don't care if we were s Trophy\swept that year, and then went to the ECSF/President's Trophy runner-up 6 years later--we have not been a contender in almost 20 years.... 2012 is arguable, okay, I'll say that.

BUT... teams like the Hawks, the Kings, the Pens, the Bruins--were all re-building for a good 4 years, getting high picks. Although we've done it, it is very hard to **** up a top-five pick. That's what we need. That, or make more Gomez or Gaborik trades, those were rebuilding moves.

Clowe for three 2nd round picks is not a move for the future. Slats is good at making damage-control moves that usually give us a great part, but the sum of all is just not enough.

Until we commit to rebuilding the right way, we will be a "pretty good" team, that has to make **** trades, and always be near the cap, and drafts career 3rd liners.
You don't become a top Stanley Cup contender with 3rd/4th line forwards and 5th/6th defencemen, no matter who your goalie is. The 2004 rebuild was half assed. Everyone knew a lockout was coming and a cap was going to be put in place when everything was settled, so they traded whoever they could to lower the payroll in anticipation of this. They missed with their 2004 1st rd picks Montoya (never played for them; traded to Phoenix) and Korpikoski (a useful 3rd line player but not for the NYR; traded to Phoenix after 1 season for Enver Lisin). If not for Dubinsky and Callahan, that 2004 draft was a disaster for the Rangers. Outside of Malkin and Ovechkin, that first round wasn't overwhelmingly great, especially around the spots were the Rangers were picking, so they didn't miss out on anyone great, but did miss on some useful players (Zajac 2 60+point seasons, Green bad defensively, but an offensive d'man NYR haven't had since Leetch, Smid, Meszaros).

The players they obtained in those trades didn't amount to much, though the rights to Mark Messier returned the pick that was used to pick Ryan Callahan. The rest were never was's and never will be's.

After watching the playoffs, I think the Rangers are farther away from Boston and Chicago than then some think. If you're not a top contender, it would be better to trade players like Staal, MDZ, trade Boyle for a 2nd rd pick, etc. who can help fill holes (young high end skill forwards, which they don't have any.) With Vigneault coming on, the team is likely going to open things up and if you can get into the top 5-7 in this draft, you can grab a skill forward who has a decent chance of playing in the NHL next season, so you're not completely throwing the season away. With Lundqvist, you'll still be competitive. If things go wrong, you can trade Lundqvist and continue on building for the future. You need those anyway for now and the future, and with this draft one of the better ones in recent years, this is the time to do that.

Old
06-28-2013, 03:59 PM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
Here's hoping he bounces back big time.
+1

no doubt about it.

70p+ Brad is back! mark it down!

Salary cap going up next year:

http://snyrangersblog.com/rangers/no...ected-to-rise/

everything is going to be great!

Old
06-28-2013, 04:04 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
+1

no doubt about it.

70p+ Brad is back! mark it down!

everything is going to be great!

The KoolAid is strong in this one.

Old
06-28-2013, 04:07 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Well speculating the possibilities of offseason acquisitions was fun while it lasted.

Old
06-28-2013, 04:09 PM
Orr Nightmare

Sather is a ****ing clown and Dolan is a ****ing (Mod Edit)....I hope Hank leaves next year...because we will never win **** again...Sather is 70 years old...lost his touch 20 years ago and the only ass clown that doesn't know it is Dolan...I also hope that Groton leaves...why wait for that old piece of **** to retire or die.

Last edited by Homeland Security: 06-28-2013 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Edit
Old
06-28-2013, 04:12 PM
Fire Sather
4 MORE YEARS!

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
Sather is a ****ing clown and Dolan is a ****ing (Mod Edit)....I hope Hank leaves next year...because we will never win **** again...Sather is 70 years old...lost his touch 20 years ago and the only ass clown that doesn't know it is Dolan...I also hope that Groton leaves...why wait for that old piece of **** to retire or die.
If only we had more mindless thugs who punched other mindless thugs!!!!!!

that said you're right about richards, but pretty much wrong about everything else you ever say

Last edited by Homeland Security: 06-28-2013 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Edited QP
Old
06-28-2013, 04:13 PM
cacchioli22

The decision makes no sense, we now will have no cap space and any trades to adress any needs just went out the window hope they know what they are doing

Old
06-28-2013, 04:18 PM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
If only we had more mindless thugs who punched other mindless thugs!!!!!!

that said you're right about richards, but pretty much wrong about everything else you ever say
All it takes is one hit like the one he took from Kaleta and the Rangers will be one hook for almost 7 million in dead cap space for the next 6 years..

Yzerman gets a free pass and takes it...Bowman, doesn't even have horrible contracts to get rid of in comparisons to our **** and takes it...we have a free bullet and waste it...Sather has sucked for the 13 years he has been here...Garth Snow is a better GM at this point....and I don't know how one would think Dolan is a good owner.

Old
06-28-2013, 04:20 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
So, overall, mixed feelings?

Last edited by Homeland Security: 06-28-2013 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Edited QP
Closed Thread