HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brad Richards NOT being bought out

Closed Thread

Old
06-28-2013, 04:23 PM
charliemurphy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I wouldn't care if the entire team walked the next day after we won a Cup.
Its been a while since I've posted but I couldn't stop laughing when scrolling through this thread... I had to chime in.
You hit the nail on the head Jonathan. They win the cup in the next 2-3 years (which is probably their best window of opportunity do it) and I'm a happy camper... Could care less about the cap situation the following 4/5 years.
I don't know the age range of the posters around here but I'm guessing a lot are young. I remember joining HF Boards and seeing posters going crazy for Jed Ortmeyer and Josef Balej.
Does anybody remember what this team was like then at the NHL level and down on the farm prior to the 04' season? Anyone and everyone knew then it would take about a decade to rebuild the Rangers from the ground up and look at what the Rangers have become.
Granted, I could have had multiple heart attacks watching this teams over the past few years but in all honesty, at my age there hasn't been a better time to be a Ranger fan.

Old
Machinehead
★★★★

Quote:
Originally Posted by dspbathroom View Post
Just came here to say I think Richards will bounce back this season. I believe AV will sort of rejuvenate him.
Is AV a surgeon and/or a priest? Because that's what we'll need to bring Richards' legs back.

DEUTSCHLANDWELTMEISTER2014
Old
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
looks like the caddy was legit.
It's possible, but predicting an event with two possible outcomes hardly proves that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
Put Bb on the wing of a jet going to a place where a 2nd round pick is. 4th line only.
So in your world, Boyle is both an average 4th liner and worth a 2nd round pick with an expiring contract?

Rangers Unlimited
Hockey Graphs
Old
06-28-2013, 04:24 PM
NYR2007

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspbathroom View Post
Just came here to say I think Richards will bounce back this season. I believe AV will sort of rejuvenate him.
I agree with this statement . A player like brad isn't gonna play like he did last season. You will see the real Richards this season.

Old
Brooklyn Ranger

This, if true, doesn't suprise me. This has been Sather's MO all along. He looks at what veteran players have done in the past and assumes they will continue to play at that level well over 35.

For Sather, the calculation is that Richards had a bad season due to the lockout and that the team is a Stanley Cup contender with Richards playing like he did in 2011-12.

I don't necessarily agree with the decision, but I don't run the team.

Old
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
A shining example of team building.
That's the worst case scenario. Best case is he regains form and has a great playoff like he's done in the past and kreider and nash combine for 70 goals on his wings. I'm not saying it's the right move. I'm saying i can see their position.

Old
06-28-2013, 04:25 PM
freewheeler

Quote:
No they don't. They all take calculated risks. The Rangers are betting that he doesn't get hurt and can be bought out next year if need be. No risk/no reward.
Brad Richards is all risk, no reward. He is Jason Bay, except we're too stupid to cut him loose. At least with the lockout I only had to watch 48 games plus some playoffs games of him.

I blame his presence for Gaborik being gone, Clowe likely not being resigned, maybe the further retardation of MDZ, and the general crappy-ness of this team. And now we get more of it.

Old
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 2940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Lundqvist posted 2nd best career sv%.
So what you're saying is that because he posted his 2nd best career SV%, he didn't have any bad games or give up terrible goals? Sorry, but I don't give a **** about his SV%. He wasn't that great last year and the start to his season was awful under his standards.

Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
It's possible, but predicting an event with two possible outcomes hardly proves that.

So in your world, Boyle is both an average 4th liner and worth a 2nd round pick with an expiring contract?
Fingers crossed; in my world.

Old
06-28-2013, 04:26 PM
NYR2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliemurphy View Post
Its been a while since I've posted but I couldn't stop laughing when scrolling through this thread... I had to chime in.
You hit the nail on the head Jonathan. They win the cup in the next 2-3 years (which is probably their best window of opportunity do it) and I'm a happy camper... Could care less about the cap situation the following 4/5 years.
I don't know the age range of the posters around here but I'm guessing a lot are young. I remember joining HF Boards and seeing posters going crazy for Jed Ortmeyer and Josef Balej.
Does anybody remember what this team was like then at the NHL level and down on the farm prior to the 04' season? Anyone and everyone knew then it would take about a decade to rebuild the Rangers from the ground up and look at what the Rangers have become.
Granted, I could have had multiple heart attacks watching this teams over the past few years but in all honesty, at my age there hasn't been a better time to be a Ranger fan.
Thank you , hit the nail on the head ... Most of the posters are very young here. Especially the ones that do post a lot. You should really sit back and reflect more then a quick over reaction post

Old
06-28-2013, 04:27 PM
freewheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR2007 View Post
I agree with this statement . A player like brad isn't gonna play like he did last season. You will see the real Richards this season.
It's not like this season came out of nowhere. He was horrendous for most of the prior year, just a little less so, and managed some big moments.

Old
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
That's the worst case scenario. Best case is he regains form and has a great playoff like he's done in the past and kreider and nash combine for 70 goals on his wings. I'm not saying it's the right move. I'm saying i can see their position.
is that the best case if it means he is then not bought out next season?

To me, thats the worst case. Brad Richards on the team in 2014-2015 is the worst case. A bounce back season in 2013-2014 makes that more likely.

Old
KreidertheGlider
MDZ for NYR Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
who is taking a 1 year contract? plz do tell.
Why does it have to be a 1 year deal?

Old
06-28-2013, 04:28 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker McDonald View Post
So what you're saying is that because he posted his 2nd best career SV%, he didn't have any bad games or give up terrible goals? Sorry, but I don't give a **** about his SV%. He wasn't that great last year and the start to his season was awful under his standards.
He had bad games, but was the only reason this team wasn't an utter embarrassment. He had the 2nd best season of his career. He allowed slightly over 2 GAA and people think he had an off season? Wow.

Old
06-28-2013, 04:28 PM
Machinehead
★★★★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
is that the best case if it means he is then not bought out next season?

To me, thats the worst case. Brad Richards on the team in 2014-2015 is the worst case. A bounce back season in 2013-2014 makes that more likely.
That's why it's such an upsetting move. Either he does bad and we're stuck with him this year or he does good and we're stuck with him forever. It's bad and worse.

Old
06-28-2013, 04:29 PM
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB

vCash: 300
Quote:
Thank you , hit the nail on the head ... Most of the posters are very young here. Especially the ones that do post a lot. You should really sit back and reflect more then a quick over reaction post
What does being young have to do with anything? I'm young, and I think saying that 6 years of playoffs with no cup is better than 1 cup and then no playoffs for six years is asinine.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
06-28-2013, 04:30 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB v2 0 View Post
What does being young have to do with anything? I'm young, and I think saying that 6 years of playoffs with no cup is better than 1 cup and then no playoffs for six years is asinine.
I agree 100%. I've seen 6 yrs of not getting close to the cup. I'd rather win it. The goal is to win the Stanley Cup, not to make it to the 2nd round of the playoffs.

Old
NYR2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by freewheeler View Post
It's not like this season came out of nowhere. He was horrendous for most of the prior year, just a little less so, and managed some big moments.
You are right , but I just have a feeling like he is gonna come out next season flying. I could be wrong but if I had to bet I would say he is gonna be one of our better players ( not getting into point totals etc)

Old
NYGBleedBlueNYR

So Stepan moves to LW then I assume?

Zuc Richards Nash

Stepan Brassard Callahan

Old
06-28-2013, 04:31 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
How many over the hill players have turned it around here? Jagr is the exception, because everyone else Lindros, Rucchin, Prospal, Maclean,Gomez, Drury, etc usually have 1 good season and then become useless in Rangers uniforms. Richards looked like a shell this year, even if he gets in great shape I don't think he can handle both ends like he used to, moving him to play wing and giving him less minutes is the best option if they are going to keep him. I'm afraid Richards will be the team whipping boy this year and possibly for much longer.

Old
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
Most of these posts are rational and address what many journalists and hockey insiders have been talking about: the injury and cap penalty risk.

nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
100%. You take the cup everytime!

Old
ecemleafs

can we be looking at a...

Kreider Stepan Nash
Richards Brassard Zucc
Hagelin Boyle Callahan (Checking line)
whatever's left line

...forward group?

Old
06-28-2013, 04:32 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGBleedBlueNYR View Post
So Stepan moves to LW then I assume?

Zuc Richards Nash

Stepan Brassard Callahan
Stepan was our best player last season not named Hank, we don't move him out of position.

Old
06-28-2013, 04:32 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
I don't see why its asinine. You don't have to be boom or bust. Look at the recent cup winners. They are contenders every season.

How fun will 6 terrible seasons be?

Closed Thread