HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 Offseason Thread Part V: Trade Em All!

Closed Thread

Old
06-28-2013, 04:21 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
This just confirms that these are the true baffoons responsible for running this organization
Got a solid laugh out of this.

06-28-2013, 04:26 PM
cacchioli22

Does anyone have a projected lineup now lmao? AV likes 2 offensive lines 1 shutdown and 1 energy line, with stepan nd brassard where does richards fit? Wing?

Old
06-28-2013, 04:36 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by cacchioli22 View Post
Does anyone have a projected lineup now lmao? AV likes 2 offensive lines 1 shutdown and 1 energy line, with stepan nd brassard where does richards fit? Wing?
Just look at last year's lineup. It will be about the same.

Old
06-28-2013, 04:40 PM
cacchioli22

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Just look at last year's lineup. It will be about the same.
New coach, new ideas? Clearly didnt work last year.
Also no way we can keep clowe now

Old
06-28-2013, 04:48 PM
eco's bones

**** me. Last year's lineup is about what we're going to have--minus I suspect Clowe and to be honest I'd rather take my chances with Clowe for 4 years at $4 mil (not that I would have advocated that) than with Richards and his cap hit for the next 7. At least Clowe gives the team something it doesn't have.

I can understand Dolan being peeved as another major UFA contract blows up in his face--but hell he's a multi-millionaire many times over (if not a billionaire) so what's it to him?--other than waste paper anyway. He's not going to be able to spend it all anyway. Maybe Sather is the voice for keeping Richards just so he doesn't have to face the music right away. Really it is time for him to go. He shouldn't have lasted through the lockout.

Really though this is ********--it's not a decision made to improve the Rangers chances this coming season--it's to save someone some embarrassment. We're the ones who are going to have to sit and watch (if we so choose) a team more likely to be a mediocrity--a pretender.

Old
06-28-2013, 04:50 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
**** me. Last year's lineup is about what we're going to have--minus I suspect Clowe and to be honest I'd rather take my chances with Clowe for 4 years at $4 mil (not that I would have advocated that) than with Richards and his cap hit for the next 7. At least Clowe gives the team something it doesn't have.

I can understand Dolan being peeved as another major UFA contract blows up in his face--but hell he's a multi-millionaire many times over (if not a billionaire) so what's it to him?--other than waste paper anyway. He's not going to be able to spend it all anyway. Maybe Sather is the voice for keeping Richards just so he doesn't have to face the music right away. Really it is time for him to go. He shouldn't have lasted through the lockout.

Really though this is ********--it's not a decision made to improve the Rangers chances this coming season--it's to save someone some embarrassment. We're the ones who are going to have to sit and watch (if we so choose) a team more likely to be a mediocrity--a pretender.
He can still be bought out next summer barring injury, and anyone who would take Clowe over richards for a year...

Old
06-28-2013, 04:52 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post

Clowns. Clowns everywhere.
You would **** on everything the rangers did.. It seems you are just a disgruntled fan

I have a feeling you will be eating those words by calling them clows for keeping Richards for one more year.

Old
06-28-2013, 04:55 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
You would **** on everything the rangers did.. It seems you are just a disgruntled fan

I have a feeling you will be eating those words by calling them clows for keeping Richards for one more year.
You think Richards will hit 70 pts? Avatar bet?

Old
06-28-2013, 05:01 PM
Vitto79

so what can a DZ, Boyle package get?

Any good RD's out there and descent winger?

I would think it's

Nash, Stepan, Callahan
TRADE, Richards, Kreider
Hagelin, Brassard, Zuccarello
Powe/Asham, UFA, Dorsett

Old
06-28-2013, 05:02 PM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
So, overall, mixed feelings?

Lol! Good one.

Quote:
Ill take that bet... plus I'm a Photoshop pro

Old
06-28-2013, 05:04 PM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post

Paybacks a mutha

Old
06-28-2013, 05:28 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
Lol! Good one.

Ill take that bet... plus I'm a Photoshop pro
Deal. 3 week bet starting on July 1st?

Old
06-28-2013, 05:33 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
Bob McKenzie‏@TSNBobMcKenzie4m
NYR will not be using their remaining compliance buyout this summer so Brad Richards will remain a Blueshirt.

I'm freaking out. Sather better know about a little known CBA loophole so the team won't be on the hook for Richards' cap hit for 7 more years if he gets hurt.
Slats and BR might have a handshake agreement for BR not to contest a BO next summer if it comes to that.

Also, just for clarification, if BR is hurt, he will never count against our cap. IE, he could play 1 more game for us and then be on LTIR for 7 years and he never counts against our cap. Most players can just as well finish their career by bein injured as opposed to retiring. If you play till you are 37 y/o, you got some issue you can point at for sure.

I would consider a bet that max three contracts ever will be recaptured, the rest will go out due to injury in advance.

Old
06-28-2013, 05:34 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Ryane Clowe suffered 2 concussions in 2 weeks. Brooks claims Clowe was concussed in SJ. Stay away.

Even Gordie Clark said

Quote:
"I love selecting top players on draft day, but I was also very much in favor of both of these trades," stated Clark, who has served as the team's Director of Player Personnel since July of 2007 and has worked in the organization for the past 11 seasons. "Nash was the horse we needed, the horse we rode throughout the entire season. And I loved the Ryane Clowe trade. He was the type player we needed at that time."
http://blueshirtsunited.com/posts/36...y#.Uc4PFBbvzR0

At that time.

Old
06-28-2013, 05:38 PM
Ola

So when are we signing Lecavalier to reunite him with BR?

Kreider-Richards-Nash
Hags-Step-Callahan
Brass-Lecavalier-Zucc
Miller-Lindberg-Dorsett

Old
06-28-2013, 05:48 PM
Josh3217

I like this team, I think..

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Chris Kreider ($1.325m) / Derek Stepan ($3.500m) / Rick Nash ($7.800m)
Carl Hagelin ($1.750m) / Brad Richards ($6.667m) / Mats Zuccarello ($1.500m)
Ryane Clowe ($3.000m) / Derick Brassard ($3.200m) / Ryan Callahan ($4.275m)
Cody McLeod ($1.150m) / Brian Boyle ($1.700m) / Derek Dorsett ($1.633m)
Arron Asham ($1.000m)
DEFENSEMEN
Ryan McDonagh ($4.000m) / Dan Girardi ($3.325m)
Marc Staal ($3.975m) / Michael Del Zotto ($2.550m)
John Moore ($0.965m) / Anton Stralman ($1.700m)
Steve Eminger ($0.750m)
GOALTENDERS
Henrik Lundqvist ($6.875m)
Martin Biron ($1.300m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,940,000; BONUSES: $762,500
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $1,122,500

Old
06-28-2013, 05:49 PM
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB

vCash: 300
Brennan Klak ‏@nhlupdate 51s
"There are more names thrown out that I've seen before, big names, with fewer teams willing to take them" - Dave Nonis

Good thing we moved Gaborik when we did.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
06-28-2013, 05:51 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Slats and BR might have a handshake agreement for BR not to contest a BO next summer if it comes to that.

Also, just for clarification, if BR is hurt, he will never count against our cap. IE, he could play 1 more game for us and then be on LTIR for 7 years and he never counts against our cap. Most players can just as well finish their career by bein injured as opposed to retiring. If you play till you are 37 y/o, you got some issue you can point at for sure.

I would consider a bet that max three contracts ever will be recaptured, the rest will go out due to injury in advance.
A player has to actually be injured to be on LTIR. If he isn't cleared to play during the buyout window, but gets cleared halfway through the next season, you have to take him off LTIR.

Also, players don't get to contest buyouts. If he refuses waivers through his NMC, he has effectively cleared waivers for buyout purposes.

Old
06-28-2013, 05:51 PM
KreidertheGlider
MDZ for NYR Blueline

Quote:

Who enforces that?

Old
06-28-2013, 05:52 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by KreidertheGlider View Post
Who enforces that?
Handshake police, duh.

Old
06-28-2013, 06:02 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
A player has to actually be injured to be on LTIR. If he isn't cleared to play during the buyout window, but gets cleared halfway through the next season, you have to take him off LTIR.

Also, players don't get to contest buyouts. If he refuses waivers through his NMC, he has effectively cleared waivers for buyout purposes.
Read the threads, alot of people seems to think we are stuck with BRs contract like Philly is stuck with Pronger's contract.

There is an EXTREMELY big difference betwee BRs contract and Prongers contract. How many 36/37/38/39/40 y/o NHLers can't claim that they are injured? We are only stuck with BRs contract if he plays or if he retires. We are not stuck with his contract if he is hurt down the road.

And I have no clue where you are coming from with the players can't contest buy out stuff. Of course they can. Heatly, Havlat and co are examples of players that would contest a buy out. You cannot buy someone out that is injured. Nobody else than BR himself can claim that he is injured. There are no third party health exams of players bought out. If BR got a shoulder problem and effectively is hurt this time next summer, he can be bought out if he just doesn't claim it.

Last edited by Ola: 06-28-2013 at 06:09 PM.
Old
06-28-2013, 06:18 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Read the threads, alot of people seems to think we are stuck with BRs contract like Philly is stuck with Pronger's contract.

There is an EXTREMELY big difference betwee BRs contract and Prongers contract. How many 36/37/38/39/40 y/o NHLers can't claim that they are injured?

And I have no clue where you are coming from with the players can contest buy out stuff. Of course they can. Heatly, Havlat and co are examples of players that would contest a buy out. You cannot buy someone out that is injured. Nobody else than BR himself can claim that he is injured. There are no third party health exams of players bought out. If BR got a shoulder problem and effectively is hurt this time next summer, he can be bought out if he just doesn't claim it.
You really don't think there are legitimate medical mechanisms in place for this sort of stuff? BR can claim he's injured all he wants. It's not about injury, it's about fitness to play. Heatley and Havlat haven't been cleared by team doctors as being fit to play. Neither has Pronger. If there's a disagreement, it goes to a neutral physician.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section 50.10 (d) of CBA
(d) Bona-Fide Long-Term Injury/Illness Exception to the Upper Limit. In the event that a Player on a Club becomes unfit to play (i.e., is injured, ill or disabled and unable to perform his duties as a hockey Player) such that the Club's physician believes, in his or her opinion, that the Player, owing to either an injury or an illness, will be unfit to play for at least (i) twenty-four (24) calendar days and (ii) ten (10) NHL Regular Season games, and such Club desires to replace such Player, the Club may add an additional Player or Players to its Active Roster, and the replacement Player Salary and Bonuses of such additional Player(s) may increase
the Club's Averaged Club Salary to an amount up to and exceeding the Upper Limit, solely as, and to the extent and for the duration, set forth below. If, however, the League wishes to challenge the determination of a Club physician that a Player is unfit to play for purposes of the Bona-Fide Long-Term Injury/Illness Exception, the League and the NHLPA shall promptly confer and jointly select a neutral physician, who shall review the Club physician's determination regarding the Player's fitness to play

Old
06-28-2013, 06:18 PM
NYR2007

Quote:
its not about points !!! Look at the playoffs two years ago, he took over games . He was a big reason we went that far. No one on that team really had an experience or capability to take over a playoff game

Game 5 Vs washington

Game 6 Vs OTT.

Two games we would have lost the series if he didn't step up.

Old
06-28-2013, 06:19 PM
Ola

I was probably the poster most agains signing BR to start with.

I don't like that we are not buying out. Far to weak 5 on 5. People say that he has lost a step etc, he hasnt really. He has never been a good skater and his stats has always been PP and instincts with the puck.

But, right should be right. We are not stuck with his contract for seven years. A big portion of all NHLers 36+ y/o can claim that they are hurt and go on LTIR instead of retireing.

If BR does retire, we are not stuck with his contract but only with the money we saved on the bogus years at the end that counts against our cap.

Old
06-28-2013, 06:20 PM
bernmeister

This is just a thought to be kicked around.

Say Dolan is miffed. So instead of letting Richards walk free and clear, he's saying not so fast.
I'll do a Redden with you.
You're demoted, whether you like it or not.
Your on the roster getting paid, but you are told either not to report, or to report in civilian clothes and not suit up in uniform for any games, forcing you to sit through AHL practices from the sides, and sit in on riveting AHL meetings.

Yeah, we'll exercise the buy out with you. Next season before the deadline.

What, you don't wanna lose a year on your career?
What, you don't wanna have to go through all that?
What there is no real upside for either side for BR to stay with NYR, esp. since it could only be under that albatross of a contract, and getting injured under that contract has bad ramifications so I can't be traded?

Wait! What if I, the player, voluntarily agreed to tear up this contract.
It's not par for the course or the rule that evidences the exception, but ...
it would be legal for BR to do that if he really wanted to, and was willing to do so voluntarily, right?

And Rangers have no obligation to him or any club to any player to do anything other than pay them if that player wants to collect on the salary, so...
there's a plan.

But of course, Richards will not walk away from the 100% balance of this contract.
But what about half?

50-50 split.
He says he wants to recover his career, and he **** up himself in NY so bad, he couldn't possibly stay. He'll take a full 50% immediate de facto effective buy out, publicly agreeing to tear up the contract, if we agree to immediately void it as to the Rangers interest to enforce it. Mutual cessation. He'd want a check in hand before, but we put on it that it can't be cashed unless his contracted dated [whatever] is officially null and void prior to cashing. Something like that.

He follows through.
We follow through
End of problem, BR still gets boatload of $$ + freedom, Dolan looks good, saves face, team recovers all cap.

Slats, if ya wanna be generous, shoot me a ltr and we can talk a modest honorarium for this service.

As to the rest of you, my Ranger brothers and sisters, I'm SURE I'll ALWAYS have your undying respect and gratitude.

:biglau gh:

Closed Thread