HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Very positive game. 2nd line (merged)

Old
10-19-2006, 04:00 PM
One Trick Pony

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I would do it but I would rather switch Johnson and leave Perezhogin on the 3rd line with Samsonov and Bonk
johnson and bonk are doing great together

One Trick Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 06:25 PM
Pascal

Was watching RDS' "expert" just now, and of COURSE he brought up putting Latendresse on the 2nd line but never uttered the word "Perezhogin".

Surprised?

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 09:26 PM
LesHabsRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
Personally if we're to break up the 1st, I'd go with;

Perez - Koivu - Kovalev
Higgins - Pleks - Ryder
Sammy - Bonk - Johnson
Lats - Begin - Murray

Perez is working harder than Sammy and should get the 1st/2nd line spot ahead of him. Although, I'd rather just try what we've got and switch Perez/Sammy, if the line doesn't work...then you experiment.
No...you have to remember...When Koivu went down in the playoffs last year Ryder and Higgins production went way down. And, yes, they played with Plekanec as their center. I wouldn't touch the first line.

LesHabsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 09:30 PM
LesHabsRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs911 View Post
I agree completely, the SO makes our record look a bit bad but if we win all 3 SO we would be 5-1 now, I think we have a much better team than last year, all we need now is the 2nd line to put pts up and we should be rolling!
If you really think about it we have won only 3 of 6 games. Regardless of points, we have a .500 winning %. Games we lost should have all been wins especially the first game vs Buffalo and the Ottawa game.

Old
10-19-2006, 09:50 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Jesus Christ, people need to relax. It's as if Samsonov is the only player in the NHL off to a slow start. Have you looked at Martin St. Louis' stats lately? What about Ovechkin? Only 2 goals in 5-6 games! Better trade him!

I think moving him onto the third line for now is a good idea to try and wake him up but the people practically suggesting we should put him on waivers really need to give it a rest. There's always going to be somebody on your team who looks like he's underperforming, that's just how it is. As soon as Samsonov leaves (or improves), we'll find somebody else to pick on.
I'm not on samsonov for not scoring goals.

You can do other things to help the team if things aren't going well offensively. Instead, samsonov tries to stickhandle way too much. He constantly turns the puck over, he is ineffective on the forcheck. He hooks on way too much. And his backchecking abilities have been sub par. Case in point, he useless unless he's scoring and these kinds of players annoy me.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 10:06 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesHabsRock View Post
No...you have to remember...When Koivu went down in the playoffs last year Ryder and Higgins production went way down. And, yes, they played with Plekanec as their center. I wouldn't touch the first line.
No...you have to remember. They played with Bonk and Begin as their center. Pleks was centering Perez and Zednik.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 10:16 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
If you really think about it we have won only 3 of 6 games. Regardless of points, we have a .500 winning %. Games we lost should have all been wins especially the first game vs Buffalo and the Ottawa game.

What's wrong with a pace of 41 wins? Better yet, what's wrong with a pace of only one regulation loss? We're currently on pace for 109 points. That would put us in a pretty good playoff seeding.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 10:52 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
I'm not on samsonov for not scoring goals.

You can do other things to help the team if things aren't going well offensively. Instead, samsonov tries to stickhandle way too much. He constantly turns the puck over, he is ineffective on the forcheck. He hooks on way too much. And his backchecking abilities have been sub par. Case in point, he useless unless he's scoring and these kinds of players annoy me.
Same feeling here... Samsonov is playing like a chicken without head.

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 10:55 PM
LesHabsRock

Quote:
No...you have to remember. They played with Bonk and Begin as their center. Pleks was centering Perez and Zednik.
Easy there angry boy...touchee...The point to my post was that Ryder and Higgins need Koivu right now. I believe they will grow as a line and become even stronger individually, then later on I would place them on different lines to see their production. Koivu is a good leader for those guys right now. You really need to relax and learn not to take wording in posts out of context.

Old
10-19-2006, 10:59 PM
LesHabsRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
What's wrong with a pace of 41 wins? Better yet, what's wrong with a pace of only one regulation loss? We're currently on pace for 109 points. That would put us in a pretty good playoff seeding.
Nothing wrong with 41 wins, but I'm also a big fan of winning percentage which, IMO is the true telling tale of a team's success during the regular season. I guess I have high standards as a Hab fan. I look at other pro sports and all are judged by winning percentage in the standings (NFL, NBA, MLB). I want my Habs to do better than get points from Shootout losses. I want the wins so the critics will be silenced. Also, the playoffs is all about wins, not a point for SO losses. I want Les Canadiens to develop more of a killer instinct which will prepare them for the playoffs. It's still early, but the sooner they boost their win totals, the better.

Old
10-20-2006, 12:14 AM
Shabutie

Quote:
Easy there angry boy...touchee...The point to my post was that Ryder and Higgins need Koivu right now. I believe they will grow as a line and become even stronger individually, then later on I would place them on different lines to see their production. Koivu is a good leader for those guys right now. You really need to relax and learn not to take wording in posts out of context.
Wasn't angry, was just putting it the way you put it.

As for Ryder and Higgins "needing" koivu... I think you're wrong, as they've both outplayed him so far in the season (imo).

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 10:19 AM
baldrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
I'm tired of a Habs team that has to kill itself the last month of the schedule to make the playoffs, been there, done that. Have fan's expectations dropped so low?

baldrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 07:27 PM
LesHabsRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
I'm tired of a Habs team that has to kill itself the last month of the schedule to make the playoffs, been there, done that. Have fan's expectations dropped so low?
I agree with your post. Points gained from SO losses is ok, but they still feel like losses to me. I want our Habs to gain points from Wins..no cosolation points for losing. This will show their legitamacy as playoff contenders rather than a team who got in because they received 13 points for losing 13 times in shootouts. I'd like to believe our Habs team this year is above that and can exceed expectations.

Old
10-20-2006, 07:29 PM
LesHabsRock

Quote:
Wasn't angry, was just putting it the way you put it.

As for Ryder and Higgins "needing" koivu... I think you're wrong, as they've both outplayed him so far in the season (imo).
"The way I put it" was not meant to be insulting or derogatory, where yours was clearly. It was simply a figure of speech like "You gotta remember" (samething). And I don't believe Ryder or Higgins have outplayed Koivu at all. On the contrary, they are benefactors of playing with Koivu. As I said, Ryder and Higgins played on other lines last year as well and weren't as successful as when they played with Koivu. All three members of that line feed off of one another. I'm not wrong, as you say, rather I have stated my opinion much like you have stated your opinion which you're trying to pass as fact.

Last edited by LesHabsRock: 10-20-2006 at 07:34 PM.