HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alex Tanguay and Cory Sarich to COL for David Jones and Shane O'Brien

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-28-2013, 07:32 PM
  #351
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club
 
I Hate Chris Butler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,164
vCash: 150
O'Brien was problematic in Vancouver too.

I Hate Chris Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 07:42 PM
  #352
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,956
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobs your uncle View Post
Yup. Mike Cammalleri's value is poor not because he's a bad player but because he's a player worth maybe $3.5 million and his cap hit is $7 million for this year.
No he is not and no it isn't.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 07:55 PM
  #353
Anglesmith
Moderator
Y'no like wadda guy
 
Anglesmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Victoria
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,203
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuffinMerc View Post
Wasn't Sarich well liked in the locker room? Aren't we getting a player that was in the whole Vegas trip planning mess?

Either way, we got fleeced.
I was putting it the other way around. Tanguay was non-committed and wouldn't be good for the young guys in our room, and Sarich was/is useless.

"Either way, we got fleeced" doesn't seem to make sense in this scenario. It's not a lopsided trade by any means. Tanguay and Jones will likely be a wash, and O'Brien is an upgrade over Sarich. Neither team got fleeced, and neither really got that much better. Jones should be a better fit for us, though, given our logjam on the left side.

Anglesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 07:58 PM
  #354
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club
 
I Hate Chris Butler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,164
vCash: 150
Saying Tangauy was "non-committed" isn't nearly the same as being called cancer.

Sarich was far from useless. He was a bottom pairing defenseman and he did his job to a tee.

I Hate Chris Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 08:08 PM
  #355
Stewie Griffin
Moderator
Stewie Hockey™
 
Stewie Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary
Posts: 7,490
vCash: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Hate Chris Butler View Post
We got a locker room cancer and someone who's useless. Hate this trade.
Funny we got rid of those pieces too.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 08:09 PM
  #356
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,956
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Hate Chris Butler View Post
Saying Tangauy was "non-committed" isn't nearly the same as being called cancer.

Sarich was far from useless. He was a bottom pairing defenseman and he did his job to a tee.
Well before the trade I would have called Sarich useless. He was terrible, he was slow, would hit at the wrong times causing odd man rushes, couldn't read the play, didn't have any offensive game. Simply put Sarich was very bad.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 08:09 PM
  #357
herashak
Registered User
 
herashak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,348
vCash: 50
yeah this trade isnt a franchise changer. no need to be to upset about it

herashak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 08:52 PM
  #358
Adirondack Flames
Unofficial
 
Adirondack Flames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,540
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Hate Chris Butler View Post
O'Brien
When O'Brien was in Tampa, Feaster was the GM.
When O'Brien was in Nashville, Gelinas was Director of Player Development.

So you are telling me that SOB is a cancer and neither of these guys new this? I find that very unlikely.

Adirondack Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 10:18 PM
  #359
Flames Fanatic
Man Shifty is Good!
 
Flames Fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,223
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
When O'Brien was in Tampa, Feaster was the GM.
When O'Brien was in Nashville, Gelinas was Director of Player Development.

So you are telling me that SOB is a cancer and neither of these guys new this? I find that very unlikely.
Feaster already gave up a 1st for him once. Lets not pretend his judgement is secure on this one.

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 10:25 PM
  #360
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,956
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Fanatic View Post
Feaster already gave up a 1st for him once. Lets not pretend his judgement is secure on this one.
To be fair he looked like a star in the making in the AHL and had a great rookie season in ANA.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 10:38 PM
  #361
Adirondack Flames
Unofficial
 
Adirondack Flames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,540
vCash: 50
I posed this as a question on the trade forum for Avs fans but I will share here too.

I noticed that Jones missed time at the start of the season with a knee injury (2 games). He then missed more time with a knee injury (8 games), could have this been a lingering problem?

Also we hear alot about him being a healthy scratch, but those last 4 games also so the Avalanche in full tank mode, and statistically the 5 games prior to him being scratched appear to be 5 of his better games statistically speaking.

So I really have alot of questions. Hopefully someone will answer.

Adirondack Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 10:39 PM
  #362
Adirondack Flames
Unofficial
 
Adirondack Flames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,540
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Fanatic View Post
Feaster already gave up a 1st for him once. Lets not pretend his judgement is secure on this one.
You really have no idea how highly he was touted O'Brien was back then do you?

Adirondack Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 10:42 PM
  #363
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,956
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
I posed this as a question on the trade forum for Avs fans but I will share here too.

I noticed that Jones missed time at the start of the season with a knee injury (2 games). He then missed more time with a knee injury (8 games), could have this been a lingering problem?

Also we hear alot about him being a healthy scratch, but those last 4 games also so the Avalanche in full tank mode, and statistically the 5 games prior to him being scratched appear to be 5 of his better games statistically speaking.

So I really have alot of questions. Hopefully someone will answer.
It's possible but this could mean he is now injury prone.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 10:52 PM
  #364
Adirondack Flames
Unofficial
 
Adirondack Flames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,540
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
It's possible but this could mean he is now injury prone.
I'm not so sure it means that, if it is the case wouldn't it mean he was playing through the injury? And if it was the same injury all the way through wouldn't that technically make him less injury prone since it was 1 fewer injury?

Adirondack Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 10:54 PM
  #365
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,956
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
I'm not so sure it means that, if it is the case wouldn't it mean he was playing through the injury? And if it was the same injury all the way through wouldn't that technically make him less injury prone since it was 1 fewer injury?
If you count Backlund as injury prone then Jones is injury prone either way.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 11:15 PM
  #366
Adirondack Flames
Unofficial
 
Adirondack Flames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,540
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
If you count Backlund as injury prone then Jones is injury prone either way.
Jones has missed 30 games in the last 3 years for various reasons. The largest stints missed were 8 games (twice, one groin, one knee)

Backlund has missed 54 games due to injury in the past 2 years.

I see just a slight difference, how about you?

Adirondack Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 11:25 PM
  #367
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,956
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
Jones has missed 30 games in the last 3 years for various reasons. The largest stints missed were 8 games (twice, one groin, one knee)

Backlund has missed 54 games due to injury in the past 2 years.

I see just a slight difference, how about you?
Since the 2010-2011 season Jones has 7 different injuries

Backlund has 3 see the difference?

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 11:37 PM
  #368
Adirondack Flames
Unofficial
 
Adirondack Flames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,540
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Since the 2010-2011 season Jones has 7 different injuries

Backlund has 3 see the difference?
Yeah I see the difference. Jones misses an average of 4 games per "injury". Backlund misses an average of 18 games per injury.

Backlund has been much more injury prone than Jones the past few years.

The fact you are even trying to dispute that is just a pathetic attempt for you to try and justify your severely out of whack opinions on the trade.

Adirondack Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 11:38 PM
  #369
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,956
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
Yeah I see the difference. Jones misses an average of 4 games per "injury". Backlund misses an average of 18 games per injury.

Backlund has been much more injury prone than Jones the past few years.

The fact you are even trying to dispute that is just a pathetic attempt for you to try and justify your severely out of whack opinions on the trade.
So if I break a leg and miss a season I am more injury prone then a guy that gets hurt every month?

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 11:44 PM
  #370
Adirondack Flames
Unofficial
 
Adirondack Flames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,540
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
So if I break a leg and miss a season I am more injury prone then a guy that gets hurt every month?
I didn't know a knee injury and a hurt shoulder were the same as a broken leg. but thanks for the laugh.

Adirondack Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 11:44 PM
  #371
StreakingRed
...
 
StreakingRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 10,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Hate Chris Butler View Post
O'Brien
Based on what, exactly?

I'm asking because so far everything I've read from former team mates of his ( aka people who actually were in the room) has been positive.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 11:51 PM
  #372
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,956
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
I didn't know a knee injury and a hurt shoulder were the same as a broken leg. but thanks for the laugh.
The definition of injury prone is

Quote:
often sustaining injuries
so yes 7 injuries in 3 years makes him injury prone if 3 in 3 years makes Backlund prone.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 11:53 PM
  #373
Adirondack Flames
Unofficial
 
Adirondack Flames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,540
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
The definition of injury prone is



so yes 7 injuries in 3 years makes him injury prone if 3 in 3 years makes Backlund prone.
that is assuming you consider missing 1 or 2 games "injuries" I suppose. Personally I do not.


And Backlund is injury prone because he has missed nearly 50% of the games in the past 2 seasons. That is why I consider him injury prone.

Adirondack Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 11:57 PM
  #374
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,956
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
that is assuming you consider missing 1 or 2 games "injuries" I suppose. Personally I do not.


And Backlund is injury prone because he has missed nearly 50% of the games in the past 2 seasons. That is why I consider him injury prone.
Yes he was injured. Again if one is injury prone so is the other,

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 12:13 AM
  #375
Adirondack Flames
Unofficial
 
Adirondack Flames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,540
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Yes he was injured. Again if one is injury prone so is the other,
Agree to disagree. This is a stupid argument, especially since my original thought/questions had nothing to do with him being injury prone. I had a serious question and unfortunately I took your lead and let it go off the rails.

I usually really like you as a poster Hud, but on this particular topic it's like you are so blind with hate over it that you can't see that it's not that bad. I am not sure why either because it's not usually your M.O to get this upset about a transaction.

Adirondack Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:09 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.