HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Cory Schneider is in play

Closed Thread

Old
06-29-2013, 08:19 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
Could they maybe be doing this to see what return they would get if they can't get rid of Luongo? If they can get a good return then it'd probably be worth it.
If Gillis isn't getting quality offers for Luongo , he has to at least explore Schneider trade options.

Old
06-29-2013, 08:19 AM
oilers4life5

vCash: 500
It would cost the Oilers too much but I do really like him. We have way more pressing needs than a goalie.

Old
06-29-2013, 08:20 AM
Hemsky4PM

Vancouver will move him East. NYI, Philly, NJ and Pittsburgh would be good bets.

Edmonton would be interested, same as Calgary. I cannot see the Canucks trading in their division though............

Maybe St. Louis?

Way smarter to trade Schneider...but TWO years ago. The return will disappoint Canucks fans.

Old
06-29-2013, 08:20 AM
Prongo
Beer

I really don't understand the hate for Dreger on here. He is one of the most respected insider guys in the business, but HF believes they know more about certain players being on the block. You know why, because they have taken it too personal. Maybe your favorite player is on the block, if moved, all you have to do is get over it. Trust me I am a Flyers fan, we know what it feels like to have your favorite players traded. 75% of the fan base experienced it. Lets just get over the whole he isn't credible poop.

Old
06-29-2013, 08:28 AM
Leafsforlife98

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce457 View Post
how do these people keep their jobs?? Gillis is an embarrassment.
There is no statement so truer. Gillis is a moron. If he wasnt' they would have Schneider, Kadri and Gardiner on their team. LOL

Poor guy wasn't satisfied and now he is gonna pay for it LOL

Old
06-29-2013, 08:29 AM
Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd View Post
Why would he need an inside source with the Canucks if other teams have talked to them about Schneider?
So the same Dreger who has said that Luongo won't report to training camp if he isn't traded and that he is done with Vancouver is now saying he will stay and be happy once Schneider is gone?

Honestly, he's been a total @$$ through the whole process towards Vancouver. Every bit of gossip about our club from him is negative trash. It's like he has an axe to grind with us. Maybe he's pissed that his cousin Nonis was fired here...who knows? I think he lacks professionalism and I've lost a lot of respect for him. He tweets so much speculation these days, I don't really consider him an insider anymore. He is a corporate shill that drives rumors to drum up viewership for TSN coverage.

Old
06-29-2013, 08:30 AM
Leafsforlife98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky4PM View Post
Vancouver will move him East. NYI, Philly, NJ and Pittsburgh would be good bets.

Edmonton would be interested, same as Calgary. I cannot see the Canucks trading in their division though............

Maybe St. Louis?

Way smarter to trade Schneider...but TWO years ago. The return will disappoint Canucks fans.
Yes it will. Hopefully u can get Couturier out of Philly and be somewhat happy

Old
06-29-2013, 08:31 AM
Prongo
Beer

If there is probably one thing Canada doesn't need, it's "drumming up viewership on TSN" Especially during this time. They get the viewers with or without the rumors.

Old
06-29-2013, 08:31 AM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsforlife98 View Post
There is no statement so truer. Gillis is a moron. If he wasnt' they would have Schneider, Kadri and Gardiner on their team. LOL

Another thing is how are the guys in the locker room taking this? I know they are professionals and know its a business but man some of these guys have to be pissed how this is being handled.

Old
06-29-2013, 08:32 AM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
Yes it will. Hopefully u can get Couturier out of Philly and be somewhat happy
Too bad it would never happen.

Old
06-29-2013, 08:33 AM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky4PM View Post

Maybe St. Louis?

You mean when everyone claimed he was unproven and wouldn't shut up about it? Schneider has considered for the Veniza despite a slow start that he ultimately shrugged off. While his numbers were better next year, we most certainly will receive good offers or Schneider will not be traded.

Quote:

So if Gillis was "smart" he could have gotten Kadri and Gardiner? What does that say about Nonis and Burke?

I still find it cute some Leaf fans continue to bring up these trades, despite how terrible it looks on their own GM.

Old
06-29-2013, 08:33 AM
Seachd

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash View Post
So the same Dreger who has said that Luongo won't report to training camp if he isn't traded and that he is done with Vancouver is now saying he will stay and be happy once Schneider is gone?

Honestly, he's been a total @$$ through the whole process towards Vancouver. Every bit of gossip about our club from him is negative trash. It's like he has an axe to grind with us. Maybe he's pissed that his cousin Nonis was fired here...who knows? I think he lacks professionalism and I've lost a lot of respect for him. He tweets so much speculation these days, I don't really consider him an insider anymore. He is a corporate shill that drives rumors to drum up viewership for TSN coverage.
So what is "negative trash" about saying the Canucks are listening to offers on Schneider?

Old
06-29-2013, 08:34 AM
duffy9748

Even with Schneider he isn't really holding any leverage. Teams should know that he is desperate.

Old
06-29-2013, 08:36 AM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy9748 View Post
Even with Schneider he isn't really holding any leverage. Teams should know that he is desperate.
Agree. They need cap space.

Old
06-29-2013, 08:37 AM
CodeE

Don't really understand all this Canuck bashing.

Vancouver has two goalies capable of starting in the NHL. Luongo's overpaid but he can still play.

If Vancouver can get a team to pony up 1st + good prospect for Schneider, and then take Fucale with that 1st, it would be an almost ideal situation: Luongo would play the next couple years until Fucale is ready. They'd be in trouble if Lu ever got hurt but if a team is willing to match your price, trading Schneider and keeping Luongo could really help the Canucks.

Old
06-29-2013, 08:38 AM
Bourne Endeavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy9748 View Post
Actually, we have plenty. Either the return is good, or we commence with buying out/waiving Luongo and there's our cap salary. We will not trade Schneider for anything less than quality assets.

Old
EvoLu7ioN

The only way Cory Schneider gets moved is for a wicked return.

The guy is young, has elite talent, is just entering his prime, on a dynamite contract at 4M/year long term, and is a great character guy.

Fair value would be more than a guy like couturier, think couturier + Coburn would get it done for Philly.

From Vancouver's perspective, you have two elite goalies, and a closing window of 2 years. Both goalies will provide elite goaltending for the next 2 years, and you also have Lack who is a top goalie prospect ready for the NHL. If tea,s simply refuse to offer anything of value for Luongo it's a no brainier to trade Schneider if you are able to obtain fair value.

Old
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
Maybe this is why we were so confident buying out Bryz? We need another goalie after all and i'd be delighted for Schneider and Mason to split the games.
Mason split games? That's a real quick way to a lottery pick.

If Schneider is dealt, I hope its out east.

Old
06-29-2013, 08:39 AM
couture23
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

I really don't understand how Gillis still has a job.

Old
zytz
lumberjack

I've been saying they should move Schneider since this whole debacle began when, two years ago? Luongo is the better goalie, and Schneider has much higher trade value. Win-win for VAN.

Old
McShogun99

Makes way more sense to trade Schneider over Luongo, even though Luongo is the better goalie, Schneider has more trade value. I can see teams like Calgary, Philedalphia and New Jersey overpaying for him.

From Calgary: Backlund, St Louis 1st, Calgary 2nd

From Philly: 11th overall, Coburn

From NJ: 9th overall, NJ 2nd

I think there will be a big bidding war if Scheider becomes available.

Old
06-29-2013, 08:40 AM
Sloth Slothersons*
They cut my beard

How can they go back to Luongo now? Does he even want to stay with Vancouver?

Old
Oiltankjob Fail

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash View Post

I agree 100 % with this.

Old
Bourne Endeavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeE View Post
Don't really understand all this Canuck bashing.

Vancouver has two goalies capable of starting in the NHL. Luongo's overpaid but he can still play.

If Vancouver can get a team to pony up 1st + good prospect for Schneider, and then take Fucale with that 1st, it would be an almost ideal situation: Luongo would play the next couple years until Fucale is ready. They'd be in trouble if Lu ever got hurt but if a team is willing to match your price, trading Schneider and keeping Luongo could really help the Canucks.
Par for the course. People love to troll us for the debacle.

Personally, my one major complaint toward Gillis is Schneider was not in play sooner, especially when the return on Luongo seemed meager. Beyond that, he took a gamble and lost. Nothing wrong with that and he is neither the first nor last GM who will do so. And I agree, if we can get a highly touted prospect or a high first, then we found our silver lining.

Old
rockinghockey

I don't want EDM to give up anything for him, I think Dub is good enough

Closed Thread