HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Draft Talk Part VI: Continued draft day discussion -- rumors, picks, etc...

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-28-2013, 01:40 PM
  #226
kudymen
4, 15, 38 and 63
 
kudymen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Atlanta (Decatur)
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,176
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
came here to post this picture haha.

does anyone else think Pronger would make one hell of a GM? i do.
Trade negotiations between Roy and Pronger

kudymen is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 02:03 PM
  #227
YuioIklo
Registered User
 
YuioIklo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Quebec
Country: Martinique
Posts: 1,425
vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
came here to post this picture haha.

does anyone else think Pronger would make one hell of a GM? i do.
I see him more as a coach. Would have authority.

YuioIklo is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 02:04 PM
  #228
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28
 
King Forsberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 5,237
vCash: 300
Hatcher, Timonen, and Pronger teaching Seth and Luke Schenn? Sign me up

King Forsberg is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 02:08 PM
  #229
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 14,003
vCash: 500
Pronger is an extremely intelligent guy. That coupled with his experience could make him an invaluable scout for finding some solid defensemen and developing them.

Yeah, Schenn lost some weight this year helping his mobility but is there any question that Pronger's influence didn't give him something to focus on or a goal to better himself towards?

CS is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 02:25 PM
  #230
Haute Couturier
Registered User
 
Haute Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 5,972
vCash: 500
Pronger is probably telling them to stop comparing everyone to him because there is only one Pronger.

Haute Couturier is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 02:26 PM
  #231
Jtown
Registered User
 
Jtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Posts: 10,581
vCash: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Pronger is an extremely intelligent guy. That coupled with his experience could make him an invaluable scout for finding some solid defensemen and developing them.

Yeah, Schenn lost some weight this year helping his mobility but is there any question that Pronger's influence didn't give him something to focus on or a goal to better himself towards?
I'm sure pronger would want to stay involved in hockey, but he has made his home in St. Louis . I think that is the organization he goes back to.

Jtown is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 03:34 PM
  #232
Damaged Goods
Registered User
 
Damaged Goods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,027
vCash: 500
Does anyone have links to videos or channels for no-frills prospect cut-ups with the original audio? It gives you a more balanced look at what a player does. Unfortunately tweens have flooded youtube with annoying music video highlight reels when you just want to see a prospect.

Here's a nice cut-up vid for Nichushkin:


Damaged Goods is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 03:56 PM
  #233
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,155
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haute Couturier View Post
Pronger is probably telling them to stop comparing everyone to him because there is only one Pronger.
"Okay, everyone who thinks he plays like me, raise your elbow."

BernieParent is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 04:20 PM
  #234
EstimatedProphet
Rookie User
 
EstimatedProphet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 17
vCash: 500
A naked Indian came to me in a dream and told me we won't be picking at 11. he said "If Homer has it, we will trade".........whatever that's worth.

EstimatedProphet is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 04:37 PM
  #235
FlyerFire
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,131
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EstimatedProphet View Post
A naked Indian came to me in a dream and told me we won't be picking at 11. he said "If Homer has it, we will trade".........whatever that's worth.
seriously, that was pathetic humor

FlyerFire is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 05:05 PM
  #236
Blaaah
Registered User
 
Blaaah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 656
vCash: 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damaged Goods View Post
Does anyone have links to videos or channels for no-frills prospect cut-ups with the original audio? It gives you a more balanced look at what a player does. Unfortunately tweens have flooded youtube with annoying music video highlight reels when you just want to see a prospect.

Here's a nice cut-up vid for Nichushkin:

Made jones look like an absolute joke.

Blaaah is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 05:15 PM
  #237
El Dandy*
...Menace To Society
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dry Island
Posts: 9,767
vCash: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
i would crap my pants if Homer was able to swing a deal for the 2nd overall pick. Probably not going to happen without giving up a buttload, but man do i love me some Seth Jones.
I would sell the farm to Florida for Seth Jones.

11th + whomever not named Giroux or Voracek

El Dandy* is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 05:27 PM
  #238
lowdesertpunk
Registered User
 
lowdesertpunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 28
vCash: 500
I`m not sold on Jones. Don`t think his defence is anything special.

I have only seen him in international games thou. The clone of Bouwmeester.

lowdesertpunk is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 05:47 PM
  #239
Jtown
Registered User
 
Jtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Posts: 10,581
vCash: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
"Okay, everyone who thinks he plays like me, raise your elbow."

Jtown is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 06:54 PM
  #240
Damaged Goods
Registered User
 
Damaged Goods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,027
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaaah View Post
Made jones look like an absolute joke.
That was nothing compared to the move he put on Ryan Murphy in the Bronze game.

Damaged Goods is offline  
Old
06-29-2013, 03:08 AM
  #241
BillDineen
Registered User
 
BillDineen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,684
vCash: 500
Check out TSN's video story on Morin. He sure has Flyer written all over him.

http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/

BillDineen is offline  
Old
06-29-2013, 05:43 AM
  #242
Blaaah
Registered User
 
Blaaah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 656
vCash: 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damaged Goods View Post
That was nothing compared to the move he put on Ryan Murphy in the Bronze game.
Looked so similar.
That kid is going to be good.

Blaaah is offline  
Old
06-29-2013, 07:43 AM
  #243
poneill27
Registered User
 
poneill27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Casterly Rock
Country: United States
Posts: 677
vCash: 500
I wouldn't mind Alexander Wennberg actually. if Nurse and Risto and Nichushkin are gone and we go w/a forward. As someone else said we shouldn't sleep on this guy.

poneill27 is offline  
Old
06-29-2013, 07:52 AM
  #244
orange is better
than other colors...
 
orange is better's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,836
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowdesertpunk View Post
I`m not sold on Jones. Don`t think his defence is anything special.

I have only seen him in international games thou. The clone of Bouwmeester.
He plays nothing like jay bouwmeester.

orange is better is offline  
Old
06-29-2013, 08:12 AM
  #245
healthyscratch
Registered User
 
healthyscratch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDineen View Post
Check out TSN's video story on Morin. He sure has Flyer written all over him.

http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/

healthyscratch is offline  
Old
06-29-2013, 08:42 AM
  #246
DecadesofFutility
Registered User
 
DecadesofFutility's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Wilmington, Delaware
Country: United States
Posts: 439
vCash: 500
Morin.
Do not want at #11, it is a reach for defensive defenseman.
Seems like a project pick to me, not interested.
He was rated a 2nd round prospect or late 1st round earlier in the year.
I would not mind him if we could move up from our 2nd round selection.
With a late 1st round pick or earlier 2nd round that is value.

Need player with offensive skills for pick at #11.
Pulock, Morissey or Ristolainen, not a defensive defenseman.

DecadesofFutility is offline  
Old
06-29-2013, 08:55 AM
  #247
orange is better
than other colors...
 
orange is better's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,836
vCash: 500
Not interested in a guy who wasn't considered a first round pick until like 15 minutes ago.

orange is better is offline  
Old
06-29-2013, 09:07 AM
  #248
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!
 
Hockeypete49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 4,535
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDineen View Post
Check out TSN's video story on Morin. He sure has Flyer written all over him.

http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/
Just saw him again on NHL network. Jeez this is one tough SOB! He is not skinny. I would not mind at all if the Flyers picked him.

Hockeypete49 is offline  
Old
06-29-2013, 09:07 AM
  #249
Protest
C`est La Vie
 
Protest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Deptford, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damaged Goods View Post
Does anyone have links to videos or channels for no-frills prospect cut-ups with the original audio? It gives you a more balanced look at what a player does. Unfortunately tweens have flooded youtube with annoying music video highlight reels when you just want to see a prospect.

Here's a nice cut-up vid for Nichushkin:

Looks like what Jvr should have been. I was hoping he fell to us when we were sitting around 8th, but once we fell to 11th and he made it clear he'd have no problem coming over I knew he wouldn't make it to us. Still holding out some hope though.

Protest is offline  
Old
06-29-2013, 09:12 AM
  #250
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!
 
Hockeypete49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 4,535
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadesofFutility View Post
Morin.
Do not want at #11, it is a reach for defensive defenseman.
Seems like a project pick to me, not interested.
He was rated a 2nd round prospect or late 1st round earlier in the year.
I would not mind him if we could move up from our 2nd round selection.
With a late 1st round pick or earlier 2nd round that is value.

Need player with offensive skills for pick at #11.
Pulock, Morissey or Ristolainen, not a defensive defenseman.
Said in October he was a 4th or 5th rounder. This kid is shooting up the charts. Pulock has a shot and that's it. Morrissey is way to small. I do like Ristlainen however Morin has the highest ceiling of them all. He very well could be the hammer this team has lacked since Chris got hurt.

Hockeypete49 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:33 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.