HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Ex GM: "If Habs can pull __ off this weekend, parade in Quebec"

Closed Thread

Old
06-29-2013, 08:32 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Drouin is a good player, but worth all that?? Now, Mackinnon, that's a different story...
Drouin is the more explosive player. Vision hands and hockey sense all better than anybody in the darft.

Old
06-29-2013, 08:34 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Drouin is the more explosive player. Vision hands and hockey sense all better than anybody in the darft.
How big is he? He looks small compared to Mackinnon...

Old
06-29-2013, 08:34 AM
Mats86

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheWrist View Post
MTL trades asset ( possibly a Centre) + Picks at the draft to Tampa to move up, then draft Drouin

MTL and Tampa reach an Agreement over Lecavalier, He signs a short term deal in MTL then returns to Tampa

Can Tampa trade his rights now they have bought him out or are they officially done with VL?

Old
06-29-2013, 08:36 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
How big is he? He looks small compared to Mackinnon...
5'10.5 186lbs

MacKinnon is 6' 185lbs

Drouin skates more hunched over, MacKinnon more uprght.

Old
06-29-2013, 08:38 AM
Mats86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pricef View Post
My gut tells me Price will be traded this weekend in a blockbuster move. A seperate trade will see us acquire Luongo as a 2-3 year gap fix until we groom a replacement. We sign Vinny on 7/5.
I thought about similar trade this morning....but Luongo contract just too much of a killer. Especially with Habs already used both their buyouts.

Old
06-29-2013, 08:38 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Typical of Eklund...drops hints about all the big NHL markets in every "blog" and makes big but vague predictions fueling speculation.

He's the master of hype around nothing.

Old
06-29-2013, 08:40 AM
cedouimet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshad View Post
That's s weird we had the same idea. Did you read my post before posting?
Haha, i posted after reading the first two pages. i went up to see we had the pretty same deal.

I mean we give up some good present and future assets but doesnt loose much on the long term. And if the crew thinks that Drouin is nhl ready than we doesnt really lose anything except a little defensive awarness short term

Old
06-29-2013, 08:41 AM
JPGoHabsGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats86 View Post
[/B]

Can Tampa trade his rights now they have bought him out or are they officially done with VL?
They are officially done. He was bought out already and is therefore a UFA much like Kaberle Bryzgalov and Briere. He can negotiate with teams but can't sign anything until July 5th.

Old
06-29-2013, 08:41 AM
onemorecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterD View Post
It's Eklund... whatever.

For the record, of course I'd like Lecavalier, but not for more than 5 millions, and then one of Pleks or DD has to go. Or Gionto, but then you still have a logjam at C.
if dd and gio go

THE PARADE SHOULD BE SUNDAY MORNING

Old
06-29-2013, 08:44 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Typical of Eklund...drops hints about all the big NHL markets in every "blog" and makes big but vague predictions fueling speculation.

He's the master of hype around nothing.
It's genius, beause if something does happen he can take all the credit and live off that for a while longer. He's like a succubus.

Old
06-29-2013, 08:47 AM
ClasslessGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemorecup View Post
if dd and gio go

THE PARADE SHOULD BE SUNDAY MORNING
If DD goes, the parade will turn in a riot with all the fefans and journalist.

Old
06-29-2013, 08:49 AM
hersky77

Thank God none of you guys are our GM, some of these trade proposals were some of the worst ive seen.

Trading A star goalie and Plecks, for a goalie who just became a starter this year and for a guy who might not even pan out in the NHL.

Really do you ever think bergevin would do something that stupid.

Old
06-29-2013, 08:50 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
It's genius, beause if something does happen he can take all the credit and live off that for a while longer. He's like a succubus.
He remembers me of Dick Cheney doing the same thing about terrorist attacks that would be Obama's responsibility...

Now, the question is: who is more evil?

Thinking...

Old
06-29-2013, 08:56 AM
BigDaddyLurch
I fought the Law...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedouimet View Post
Honestly i would do

Plekanec
Beaulieu
1st (25th)
2nd (34th)

VS

3rd Overall

But i think that tampa would be looking to add a little something coming back their way, just by knowing the fact that the habs would be all in for the DROUIN pick.
That's maybe why Krysto, Young NHL ready (for a team like tampa) would been talked about maybe.

Would you do the

Plekanec
Beaulieu
Krysto
1st (25th)
2nd (34th or 36th)

VS

3rd OA (if DROUIN still available)

I would because he'S a sure shut NHLer, maybe not a superstar, but him with gally and gallagher growing up together might get you some nice return.
And they would calm down everyone sniffing around saying they do not draft french canadien player....

I don't care if Jebus of Nazareth is still available, no freakin' way we give all that up...

Old
06-29-2013, 09:06 AM
The Doors

All I know is that Bolland and Lecavalier would cost the team the same amount as Desharnais and Gionta would in 2013-14 and both unexpectedly came on the market this week. Work a little magic Bergevin, you've got plenty of picks and lots of budget to work with. **** it, end the mediocrity around this team, let's go.

Old
06-29-2013, 09:15 AM
BigDaddyLurch
I fought the Law...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doors View Post
All I know is that Bolland and Lecavalier would cost the team the same amount as Desharnais and Gionta would in 2013-14 and both unexpectedly came on the market this week. Work a little magic Bergevin, you've got plenty of picks and lots of budget to work with. **** it, end the mediocrity around this team, let's go.
Why would we want Bolland??...I'd keep Plekanec & Eller and wave to Bolland as he goes by...

Old
06-29-2013, 09:18 AM
The n00b King
Kingin' since 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyLurch View Post

I don't care if Jebus of Nazareth is still available, no freakin' way we give all that up...
I dunno...that first part is actually a pretty darn good deal. The 25th pick and the 34th are a total crapshoot that could amount to nothing. So really, Beaulieu and Pleks for Drouin? That is incredibly enticing. No one knows where Beaulieu's career will end up (plus he's a puck mover, and not a defensive beast, so we can spare that) and Pleks is on the decline.

I would do that trade. This is a risk that is well worth taking. Even if Drouin never becomes anything more than an 70 pts player, I do that trade. Even more so if we can sign Lecavalier.

Old
06-29-2013, 09:19 AM
The Doors

Quote:
Why would we want Bolland??...I'd keep Plekanec & Eller and wave to Bolland as he goes by...
Why wouldn't you want Bolland? He's the perfect 3rd line C after Eller and Plekanec, or Eller and Galchenyuk down the line. He could also play RW with Plekanec in Gionta's place, or anchor a great third line with ex-junior teammate Prust, and has the Bergevin connection from his days in Chicago. The guy's won the cup twice as a key player, is only 27 and costs the same amount of money as Desharnais..

Old
06-29-2013, 09:24 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:

Lets say drouin and galchenyuk are equivalent. Would you trade galchenyuk for that kind of package? I know i wouldnt.

Old
06-29-2013, 09:27 AM
BigDaddyLurch
I fought the Law...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doors View Post
Why wouldn't you want Bolland? He's the perfect 3rd line C after Eller and Plekanec, or Eller and Galchenyuk down the line. He could also play RW with Plekanec in Gionta's place, or anchor a great third line with ex-junior teammate Prust, and has the Bergevin connection from his days in Chicago. The guy's won the cup twice as a key player, is only 27 and costs the same amount of money as Desharnais..
Why would we even consider Bolland??...Plekanec & Eller can both do the same job and we have them...we don't need him or require anything he brings to the table as we already have it...

Old
06-29-2013, 09:32 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

So, who do we lose to move up that far ?

Subban, Galchenyuk, Pacioretty ?

Old
06-29-2013, 09:33 AM
deandebean

When is the Gay Parade?

Old
06-29-2013, 09:35 AM
The Doors

Quote:
Why would we even consider Bolland??...Plekanec & Eller can both do the same job and we have them...we don't need him or require anything he brings to the table as we already have it...
I don't follow you at all. Agree to disagree I guess. In my opinion there's always room for a player like Bolland in a team's top nine, especially when he would cost nothing from the roster since Chicago isn't looking for salary. Trade the #36 for him, if things don't work out I guarantee you get your second rounder back for him at the trade deadline next year.

Old
06-29-2013, 09:54 AM
GRECOHAB

Just for the intensity of speculating... It's described as a project coming along this weekend, so you have to think its no UFA signing, but something happening at the draft, that will change the corse of this franchise.

After some consideration i came out with this suggestion:

Desharnais+Kristo (MTL) for 22nd overall (CGY)
Markov + Diaz (MTL) for 15th overall (NYI)
25nd overall +55th overall (MTL) for Letang (PIT)
then we
Obviously sign Lecavalier for 1 year
Draft Mantha (15th) and Gauthier (22nd)

Pacioretty-Lecavalier-Gallagher
Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Prust-Eller-Galchenuyk
Moen-Dumont-White

Subban-Letang
Gorges-Tinordi
Bouillion-Beaulieu

P.S...I dont know if these moves can create a parade in Montreal. Another rumor i want to share is the availability of the 5th overall by Carolina for a top-4 defender. Markov? Gorges? How knows...it makes sense though...

Old
06-29-2013, 09:57 AM
Shaby23

vCash: 50
I feel like it's Letang guys.

Closed Thread