HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

whats going on with senators??

Old
10-19-2006, 10:35 PM
Habs4ever

vCash: 500
whats going on with senators??

Senators were so scary last year its not even funny, but they've turned their roster to average level in one offseason.

Senators GM didn't even make one bad move before getting in salary trouble, I think they are the first casualty of the new NHL, they had dynasty type talent, and now its turned into one line team....

I'm just hoping we keep our roster intact, as it will hurt even more if we lose players just to get under the salary cap!!

What we need is luck and bigger effort to outperform opponents now, I think days of contenders and pretenders are over, now anyone can get stanly cup as long as they stabalize their roster, and get cheap youngsters to play alongside veterans!!

Habs4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 10:39 PM
Shabutie

On paper they still have a better team than we do. Right now they're just in a funk, they should get back up soon imo.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 10:40 PM
Transplanted Caper

It's 6 games into the season. Over the course of 6 games in a season, most teams will go through a 2-4 stretch. When it happens in the first 6 games the apocolypse begins in that particular city. Ottawa will be fine. The Spezza line will get going, Redden will improve, the second line will be solid and they'll find themselves battling for the division title once again, because they're too good not to.

Transplanted Caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 10:43 PM
Habs4ever

its not about their performance

I'm referring to the players they've lost in the offseason, they lost Havlat, Chara, smolinski and didn't get back anything major in return, I hope habs never have to sacrifice top three players from the roster!!

Habs4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 10:49 PM
White Snake*

Lets not look for answers. We dont want to help them out in anyway. If they keep losing it will be good for the Habs.

White Snake* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 11:01 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4ever View Post
Senators were so scary last year its not even funny, but they've turned their roster to average level in one offseason.

Senators GM didn't even make one bad move before getting in salary trouble, I think they are the first casualty of the new NHL, they had dynasty type talent, and now its turned into one line team....

I'm just hoping we keep our roster intact, as it will hurt even more if we lose players just to get under the salary cap!!

What we need is luck and bigger effort to outperform opponents now, I think days of contenders and pretenders are over, now anyone can get stanly cup as long as they stabalize their roster, and get cheap youngsters to play alongside veterans!!

Again, its too early to analyze into detail. But it should come as no surprise that they have fallen back into the pack. I was expecting that this season. Its funny how Ottawa used to be a casualty for inflating salaries under the old CBA. Now, they are a casualty of the cap system.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 11:03 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
Again, its too early to analyze into detail. But it should come as no surprise that they have fallen back into the pack. I was expecting that this season. Its funny how Ottawa used to be a casualty for inflating salaries under the old CBA. Now, they are a casualty of the cap system.
The only player that is really hurting them is Chara, seing as Havlat missed a huge chunk of last season. Sure Havlat would be one of their best (if not the best) players but he didn't have anything to do with last year's success.

Old
10-19-2006, 11:06 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
The only player that is really hurting them is Chara, seing as Havlat missed a huge chunk of last season. Sure Havlat would be one of their best (if not the best) players but he didn't have anything to do with last year's success.
dont forget Hasek was very good pre olympics as well... I know Hasek leaving has more to do with other things but still...

Old
10-19-2006, 11:06 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
dont forget Hasek was very good pre olympics as well
Emery has been better than Hasek was so far and Gerber showed tonight that he is also worthy of his spot.

Old
10-19-2006, 11:08 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Emery has been better than Hasek was so far and Gerber showed tonight that he is also worthy of his spot.

and thats why we dont overanalyze 5 games into the season

Old
10-19-2006, 11:11 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
There's no way three guys as talented as Heatley, Spezza and Alfredsson are going to stay quiet for long. They'll find their groove, it's just a matter of when.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 11:17 PM
Pothier

Whats going on with the Habs? I mean, this slumping Ottawa team is already 1-0 against them this year, what gives?

Pothier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 11:30 PM
LeHab

Seeing Hossa and Havlat among offensive leaders must hurt them too.

LeHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 11:51 PM
NewHabsEra*

Im saying for years Spezza is a loser and that the Sens will never win anything with this guy... He is a turnovers master and is not effective 5 on 5. Heatley looks slow and uninspired as well... Redden is playing without any emotion and Alfredsson has a ton of pressure on his shoulders... This team is probably one of the softest in the league as well...

Most teams improved during the offseason, the Sens regressed...

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 11:56 PM
ShuttFan

Early season prediction: Sens will finish 3rd in the northeast. Above Leafs and Bruins.

ShuttFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
Im saying for years Spezza is a loser and that the Sens will never win anything with this guy... He is a turnovers master and is not effective 5 on 5. Heatley looks slow and uninspired as well... Redden is playing without any emotion and Alfredsson has a ton of pressure on his shoulders... This team is probably one of the softest in the league as well...

Most teams improved during the offseason, the Sens regressed...
I wouldn't call them soft...Phillips, Neil, McGrattan, Volchenkov are all tough players to play against.

I agree with you about Spezza, and I said it severals times last year, he's simply not mature enough at this point in his career to lead the Sens to a Stanley Cup. Danil Alfredsson looks nothing like the player he was last year.

I expect the Sens to pick it up though, they've got too much talent not too, but they're definately not as strong as last year, but that will happen to any team that loses guys like Havlat and Chara, there's an adjustment period.

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 08:17 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pothier View Post
Whats going on with the Habs? I mean, this slumping Ottawa team is already 1-0 against them this year, what gives?

Toronto 6, Ottawa 0

Nuff said

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 08:37 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Maybe they aren't as good as before?

They have 3 great players up front...after that, nothing special (offensively). Their defense is OK, again nothing special and same goes for their goaltending. On paper I honestly don't think their team is much better then ours and I don't see any reason why we can't finish ahead of them in the standings.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
Maybe they aren't as good as before?

They have 3 great players up front...after that, nothing special (offensively). Their defense is OK, again nothing special and same goes for their goaltending. On paper I honestly don't think their team is much better then ours and I don't see any reason why we can't finish ahead of them in the standings.
Agreed...aside from Buffalo, this division is wide open.

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 08:55 AM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
How good are the players on the Sens 2, 3, 4th lines?

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 09:00 AM
!nkubus

Quote:
I don't agree Redden > Chara by far. Chara is so overrated I can't beleive it. The loss of Havlat and the lack of a consistant goalie is the main reason why they struggle.

!nkubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 09:56 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by !nkubus View Post
The loss of Havlat
They played almost the entire season last year without Havlat and were still one of the best teams in the league

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 10:11 AM
AH

Can't say I am disappointed ...

AH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 10:21 AM
wade

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH View Post
Can't say I am disappointed ...
agreed

wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 11:17 AM
oop007*

Whatever, I predicted that Boston and Ottawa wud have trouble making the playoffs and that MTL/TO wud make it and TO wud struggle but prolly make it. (Despite TSN Analysts saying neither TO/MTL wud make it and Boston wud be like 5th). People laughed when I said ottawa and boston wud have crap teams, look now. Chara is my captain... yay... sorry but *** is that? Don't get me wrong, but as a player Chara owns, captain tho... lol

oop007* is offline   Reply With Quote