HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sanderson on the fourth line...

Old
10-19-2006, 09:18 PM
Apache

vCash: 500
Sanderson on the fourth line...

If we could hear whatís going on in Hitchcock head before the game :

"So, Sanderson works hard every game and shows pretty good skills offensively. I could put him on a line with Calder/Richards, Umberger/Carter or even Gagne/Forsberg, but he could develop some chemistry with them and I would be forced to stop juggling with the lines. I think I will let him take the faceoffs on the fourth line, maybe I will be able to blame his faceoff skills if we lose the game. But Iím not a bad guy, I will reward him for all his hard work : I will let him show his offensive abilities by replacing him with Kapanen on the powerplay and by putting him on the ice for key shorthanded situations. I really need an offensive forward to replace the defensive minded Nedved."

No wonder why the players stop playing for Hitchcock, I hope he gets fired soon ! The funny thing is that the only goal scored in this game was on the penalty kill with Sanderson on the iceÖ

Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 09:22 PM
blah

I think Sanderson double shifted. When Forsberg went out it was basicly 3 lines being rolled.

blah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 09:26 PM
Apache

Quote:
Originally Posted by blah View Post
I think Sanderson double shifted. When Forsberg went out it was basicly 3 lines being rolled.
Yeah, but only when Forsberg was out, he began the game on the fourth line with Eager and Kane.

Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 09:28 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

I was actually going to say...

Is Sanderson the new shutdown centre?

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 11:14 PM
Steve L*

More proof that Hitch needs to go. Sanderson is one of the few players that actually looks like scoring.

Steve L* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 01:09 AM
newhavenbeast

I'm glad Sanderson is back in the Eastern Conference. In the final years of the Whale, he was our hometown hero. Then they moved to Carolina and he was traded quickly. He never put up numbers like he did in Hartford, but he got moved around a lot. It must have been hard to adjust. Plus he played on the expansion team in Columbus and then Phoenix last year. It is nice to see him with Philly this year. He was always my favorite player, so it is cool that I can see him on OLN, or against the rangers or bruins. He still plays the same way as in hartford. So fast, powerful shot, and he never gives up even when there is a big difference in the score.

Has he ever been given a chance with Forsberg? Do any of you think that would work?

newhavenbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 02:16 AM
Nacho
Special

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhavenbeast View Post
Has he ever been given a chance with Forsberg? Do any of you think that would work?
Been wanting this since the 1st two games. I mean, the guy can shoot!

Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote