HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Do people still believe that Corey Crawford isn't a #1 goalie?

Old
06-29-2013, 03:18 PM
Chris Hansen
THESE LEGS ARE FRESH

vCash: 500
Think of the children!!!

They'll hear the words then or they'll hear them in 10 years. Hardly matters. And in the end, that's all these things are... just words. They are harmless. Relax.

Good for Crawford. He has taken a ton of crap from the media and fans all year long despite playing amazing hockey. He deserves to have his fun, and I don't think he cares (nor should he) what most others think at this point. If he did care, he would've been a lot more upset during the course of the season over how little credit he was given despite playing like one of the best goalies in the league.

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 03:28 PM
Halpysback*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick hawk View Post
I've been a Hawks fan for over 50 years. If I had been inclined to boycott them I would have done it long ago. My six year old grandsons are now Hawk fans because of me. They love everything hockey andlook at players like heroes. Its unfortunate that had to witness Crawford's behaviour. I don't find that appropriate behaviour and I never will.
You missed his point completely. If you work like a sailor, you get to talk like a sailor. If your grandkids understood that then they'll go far in life. If not, they'll just hover around.

Nothing wrong with dropping a few f bombs after a good year's work.

Halpysback* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 03:52 PM
ck20

vCash: 1050
Quote:
I've been a Hawks fan for over 50 years. If I had been inclined to boycott them I would have done it long ago. My six year old grandsons are now Hawk fans because of me. They love everything hockey andlook at players like heroes. Its unfortunate that had to witness Crawford's behaviour. I don't find that appropriate behaviour and I never will.
And I bet your grandsons would have grown up never uttering a curse word in their lives and being the purest beings to grace the Earth had it not been for that MONSTER Corey Crawford. Now they're going to be drug dealers and thugs. Truly awful. Why weren't you a better role model and keep them away from such a barbaric sport? Do they also think knocking someone's teeth out is a good way to resolve a stolen ball after watching hockey games? Cursing, or rather simply hearing some curses at 6, shouldn't be that high on a list of developmental concerns.

Fun fact: Your grandsons are probably cursing when they're not around you. Yes, little six-year-olds curse. Just because you can't handle it doesn't mean other people and/or kids can't or that they'll be damaged goods for the rest of their lives because they heard some "bad words." Can't expect amped up, (some) drunk athletes to be 100% PC after putting their literal blood, sweat, and tears into winning a championship.

ck20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 03:53 PM
JamieG

Quote:
Some of us don't speak that way in front of children. I always thought hockey players were among the classiest in all pro sports. Maybe I was wrong.
That's a myth about hockey players being so much more classy.

Needless to say, I totally agree with all of your comments about this. No class or dignity. Just a bu ch of drunken morons. Keeep Crawford in the bar but not in front of 2 mil ppl.

Last edited by Hurt: 06-29-2013 at 09:13 PM. Reason: quote
JamieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 04:56 PM
David Krejci*
STANLEY CUP CHAMPS

lmao at people getting offended at a couple of F bombs like this is the 1800s or something. The guy just won the ****ing STANLEY CUP. Something he's worked his ass off for for his whole life.

Quote:
If you've been paying attention at all you'll know that guys have been swearing in postgame interviews all playoffs long. It's not these guys' jobs to be role models, their jobs are to win hockey games. That being said, I think overall they do do a great job of being role models, and swearing doesn't change that. Maybe he's not religious? Maybe swearing doesn't mean anything to him because he doesn't believe in god. Instead of condemning him for it, maybe you should be open about it and realize that your grandkids live in real life, not a bubble. People swear, and people are going to swear at events like this. Didn't you see their parade in 2010?

Last edited by David Krejci*: 06-29-2013 at 05:01 PM.
David Krejci* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 05:01 PM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Krejci View Post
lmao at people getting offended at a couple of F bombs like this is the 1800s or something. The guy just won the ****ing STANLEY CUP. Something he's worked his ass off for for his whole life.
Worked his ****ing nuts off.

ChiGuySez is offline   Reply With Quote