HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Hearing set for Sundin - UPDATE: Sundin gets 1 game suspension

Closed Thread

Old
01-08-2004, 04:39 AM
shakes
Ancient Astronaut

vCash: 500
Interesting comment by Colin Campbell....

Quote:
If he would have said he thought it was going to careen off the glass, that's one thing, but it ended up being 15 rows up
So.. if Sundin would have lied at the hearing he might not have been suspended? Instead he tells the more unflattering version and ends up getting suspended? So much for the 'honesty is the best policy' route.

Old
01-08-2004, 05:43 AM
Nas_Bert_Morr*

I think people are focusing too much on the fact that Sundin broke a rule and should have only gotten a penalty. The fact is, he could have seriously injured, even killed somebody. Everybody knows the press the NHL got last year with the death of the little girl in Columbus, now just imagine if their was another death, one year later. Only this time, the captain of the Toronto Maple Leafs did it somewhat intentionally. Imagine the liability and PR this would cost the NHL. To NOT suspend him for putting the people investing in the game in danger would be sickening.

Old
01-08-2004, 06:59 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nas_Bert_Morr
I think people are focusing too much on the fact that Sundin broke a rule and should have only gotten a penalty. The fact is, he could have seriously injured, even killed somebody. Everybody knows the press the NHL got last year with the death of the little girl in Columbus, now just imagine if their was another death, one year later. Only this time, the captain of the Toronto Maple Leafs did it somewhat intentionally. Imagine the liability and PR this would cost the NHL. To NOT suspend him for putting the people investing in the game in danger would be sickening.
Exactly right. I like Mats Sundin, and he handled the situation afterward with a lot of class. However, the NHL has to make sure that others know that what he did cannot be repeated. The ramifications could be to drastic.

Closed Thread