HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 Offseason Thread Part VI: Vinny Lecavalier chooses Philly (5 years, $4.5M per)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-29-2013, 11:09 PM
  #326
Kwayry
Registered User
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,969
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Which is....?
Scroll back.
Not that difficult to comprehend.
But i don't think you are interested in a discussion. So just forget it.

Kwayry is offline  
Old
06-29-2013, 11:12 PM
  #327
Thirty One
portnor, pls
 
Thirty One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,292
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
Scroll back.
Not that difficult to comprehend.
But i don't think you are interested in a discussion. So just forget it.
I scrolled back.
I'm finding it incredibly difficult.
I am intensely interested in a discussion. I will forget nothing.

It looks like your saying that Lapierre would save some money if he signed for an amount that he in all likelihood won't. What is the larger point?

Thirty One is offline  
Old
06-29-2013, 11:15 PM
  #328
Kwayry
Registered User
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,969
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
I scrolled back.
I'm finding it incredibly difficult.
I am intensely interested in a discussion. I will forget nothing.

It looks like your saying that Lapierre would save some money if he signed for an amount that he in all likelihood won't. What is the larger point?
Before we get into comprehension, how much do you think Lapierre will get?

Kwayry is offline  
Old
06-29-2013, 11:16 PM
  #329
Thirty One
portnor, pls
 
Thirty One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,292
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwayry View Post
before we get into comprehension, how much do you think lapierre will get?
$1.5-2m

Thirty One is offline  
Old
06-29-2013, 11:17 PM
  #330
Kwayry
Registered User
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,969
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
$1.5-2m
Based on what criteria will he get 50 to 100% increase?

Kwayry is offline  
Old
06-29-2013, 11:19 PM
  #331
Thirty One
portnor, pls
 
Thirty One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,292
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
Based on what criteria will he get 50 to 100% increase?
Because it's free agency. No one cares how much you made last season.

Thirty One is offline  
Old
06-29-2013, 11:26 PM
  #332
Kwayry
Registered User
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,969
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Because it's free agency. No one cares how much you made last season.
Only the person giving you an offer does. Posters on HF sure don't.
With cap space going down, I don't see how a 4th line player will get that kind or raise.

Even if we go by your standard, say he gets 1.75, you forgot the other part of my argument, which apparently was too difficult to comprehend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
Lapierre's salary was a 1M, say he gets a 20% raise, you just saved 500K in capspace, plus gained whatever Boyle returns in assets.
Not advocating it but that's the breakdown.
Plus whatever difference between Boyle's and Lapierre's salary.
Still too difficult to comprehend?

Kwayry is offline  
Old
06-29-2013, 11:32 PM
  #333
Thirty One
portnor, pls
 
Thirty One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,292
vCash: 420
You're right I did miss that. If you consider that the "larger part" of your point, you sure structured that sentence oddly.

People routinely get 100% raises in free agency.

Thirty One is offline  
Old
06-30-2013, 02:01 AM
  #334
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato
 
HatTrick Swayze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 10,335
vCash: 500
But Boyle fallz down!!

__________________
"Here we can see the agression of american people. They love fighting and guns. when they wont win they try to kill us all." -HalfOfFame
HatTrick Swayze is offline  
Old
06-30-2013, 02:41 AM
  #335
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bialystok, Poland
Country: Iceland
Posts: 6,314
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Assuming we do nothing

Hagelin - Stepan - Nash
Kreider - Richards - Callahan
XX - Brassard - Zuccarello
Asham/Pyatt/Powe - Boyle - Dorsett

Not that sexy
XX is a big? Due to cap space limitations
Need a big body in there but Clowe is now most likely a goner (great trade btw Cigar Man)
Logjam of overpaid 4th liners
Lindberg, Fasth, Miller, Haley, Thomas and Hrivik are on the cusp

BBKers is offline  
Old
06-30-2013, 05:20 AM
  #336
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 32,941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Sure, the Rangers would love to acquire Cal Clutterbuck from the Wild, but the team just doesn’t appear to have the maneuverability under the cap, let alone the choice draft picks to surrender, in order to get it done.

The decision to retain Brad Richards may make Brian Boyle vulnerable — $1.7 million is a tidy sum and cap hit for Boyle if he slots in as fourth-line center behind Richards, Derek Stepan and Derick Brassard.

Except the Blueshirts likely are to be without both Ryan Callahan and Carl Hagelin for the first few weeks of the season in the aftermath of their post-elimination labrum surgeries, so that Boyle likely is to be needed on the wing in October.
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/islan...bd91qJC041ZIXO

Boyle should be vulnerable. He has value. Pyatt,Powe and Asham should follow Boyle out the door. The Rangers need to follow the Hawks and Bruins model. They have hard working skill players in their bottom six. Whether its Kruger,Shaw,Frolik or Bolland in Chicago. Bolland is available. The Rangers can't afford the $3.375M cap hit for a bottom six player. Campbell and Paille in Boston. Losing Campbell had the the Bruins bottom six out of whack. Paille was moved up with Kelly and Seguin. Thornton was rendered a useless player with Peverley and either the Kaspar guy or Soderberg. Boston is looking to shed Peverley's contract. 2 years. $3.25M cap. He wasn't very good in 2013. AV likes to match up his personnel to zones. Boyle,Pyatt,Powe and Asham will never add any offense starting 50% of the time in the defensive zone. Those are black holes when it comes to adding offense.

Quote:
The Rangers could shuffle some chairs on the deck if they’re interested in dealing Michael Del Zotto for a defenseman of the stiffer variety whose cap hit is commensurate to No. 4’s $2.55 million, but the Blueshirts don’t have the necessary space available to pull off a blockbuster.
Preferably a righty. But who?

Quote:
The Blueshirts don’t seem to have prospects up front knocking on the door, either, unless one counts Chris Kreider and J.T. Miller, which Clark does.

“They’re both so young that despite their NHL experience, you have to think of them as prospects with a good chance of starting the season with the Rangers,” Clark said. “I think J.T. would have played at the end if not for his wrist injury.

And Chris, he basically has scored six goals in the Stanley Cup playoffs, three of them game-winners, and other than that didn’t play very much.”
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...rZE1ieUGbvKX3J

A little shot at Torts. Those must be the two guys AV referred to last week. Two players on the cusp of making the team. Clark and the Rangers brass like Miller at center.

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
06-30-2013, 05:46 AM
  #337
Raspewtin
NYR Stats Geek
 
Raspewtin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Howard Beach, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 22,056
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/islan...bd91qJC041ZIXO

Boyle should be vulnerable. He has value. Pyatt,Powe and Asham should follow Boyle out the door.


Preferably a righty. But who?
Pyatt Powe and Asham need to be moved. WAY too many 4th liners on this team, which has been a serious problem the last 2 years. We seem to have no 3rd line players nowadays. And Edler has been a rumored acquisition.

Raspewtin is offline  
Old
06-30-2013, 05:53 AM
  #338
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,522
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyhauntswizards View Post
Pyatt Powe and Asham need to be moved. WAY too many 4th liners on this team, which has been a serious problem the last 2 years. We seem to have no 3rd line players nowadays. And Edler has been a rumored acquisition.
I think a dz for righty d is coming e others in the deal likely Pyatt

I still fail to see how asham as the 12 th forward hurts the team. Sure dump powe but its not like he makes much over the league min

Vitto79 is offline  
Old
06-30-2013, 06:00 AM
  #339
slipknottin
Registered User
 
slipknottin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 3,046
vCash: 500
Has anyone given any thought to having a Swedish line on the team?

Hags, Lindberg, , Fast?

That might actually be a fairly good 3rd/4th line with their forechecking ability and two way play

slipknottin is offline  
Old
06-30-2013, 06:10 AM
  #340
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,522
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
Has anyone given any thought to having a Swedish line on the team?

Hags, Lindberg, , Fast?

That might actually be a fairly good 3rd/4th line with their forechecking ability and two way play
That's the dream but in a yr. last yrs problem was relying on miller and other kids too much. Let them get ahl min first

Vitto79 is offline  
Old
06-30-2013, 06:44 AM
  #341
Raspewtin
NYR Stats Geek
 
Raspewtin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Howard Beach, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 22,056
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
I think a dz for righty d is coming e others in the deal likely Pyatt

I still fail to see how asham as the 12 th forward hurts the team. Sure dump powe but its not like he makes much over the league min
he's slow and doesn't do much. I'd have him 13th if anything.

Raspewtin is offline  
Old
06-30-2013, 08:07 AM
  #342
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 12,082
vCash: 500
I just don't get how the Rangers have very little cap room when they have 14m right NOW. no one has a clue as to how much our RFAs will cost and until then saying we have no room is very wrong. Then again I'm one of the few expecting neither McD or Stepan to get as much as most think so who knows

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
06-30-2013, 08:31 AM
  #343
Kris Chreider
Pass Off The Pads
 
Kris Chreider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NYC/Minneapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 7,452
vCash: 500
Why do we want Clutterbuck again?

So overrated. Coming from a guy who has the Wild as his western team. Much rather have Setoguchi.

Kris Chreider is offline  
Old
06-30-2013, 08:44 AM
  #344
azrok22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 9,486
vCash: 3743
Quote:
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 2m

If there's no movement with top four picks, does CAR become the big dealer by moving the No. 5 pick? I would think that's quite possible.
Staal for 5th pick (Nichuscin) + McBain/Murphy + Rask/Other Forward Prospect would set this team up very well moving forward. Hate to see Marc go, but if Carolina is willing to pay a similar premium that they paid for Jordan, I would bite the bullet and move him.

Kreider - Stepan - Nash
Nichuscin - Brassard/Richards - Callahan
Hagelin - Richards/Brassard - MZA
Asham - Boyle - Dorsett

McDonagh - Girardi
Del Zotto - Stralman
Moore - McBain/Murphy

azrok22 is offline  
Old
06-30-2013, 08:50 AM
  #345
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 12m

Will VAN's Alex Edler get "Jeff Carter-ed"? (Traded right before his NTC kicks in). I'd say there's a decent chance Edler gets "Carter-ed."
Quote:
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 10m

If there's no movement with top four picks, does CAR become the big dealer by moving the No. 5 pick? I would think that's quite possible.
Edler to CAR?

Kershaw is offline  
Old
06-30-2013, 08:52 AM
  #346
Callafan24
Registered User
 
Callafan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington DC
Country: United States
Posts: 124
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
I just don't get how the Rangers have very little cap room when they have 14m right NOW. no one has a clue as to how much our RFAs will cost and until then saying we have no room is very wrong. Then again I'm one of the few expecting neither McD or Stepan to get as much as most think so who knows
I think it's fair to assume that our 4 RFA's will garner between 11 - 14 million, which puts us right against the cap ceiling. So there's no room to improve the roster without making a move. And aside from a few 4th liners, none of our players are really overpaid (aside from Richards, his buyout next summer will give us space for FA) so it's tough to see how Sather is going to improve the club for this season.

Think about it.

McDonagh has to be locked up; between 4 and 5 million
Stepan also should skip the bridge contract; he'll earn between 3.8 and 5
Hagelin should get around 2 million
MZA is line up for 1.5 - 2

So if this very reasonable estimation is any base, the RFA's will cost between 11 and 14 million.

Speculation of course, but these players have earned those contracts and i'd be quite surprised to expect any cap space after their signings baring any inevitable roster moves.

Callafan24 is offline  
Old
06-30-2013, 08:55 AM
  #347
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 12,082
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callafan24 View Post
I think it's fair to assume that our 4 RFA's will garner between 11 - 14 million, which puts us right against the cap ceiling. So there's no room to improve the roster without making a move. And aside from a few 4th liners, none of our players are really overpaid (aside from Richards, his buyout next summer will give us space for FA) so it's tough to see how Sather is going to improve the club for this season.

Think about it.

McDonagh has to be locked up; between 4 and 5 million
Stepan also should skip the bridge contract; he'll earn between 3.8 and 5
Hagelin should get around 2 million
MZA is line up for 1.5 - 2

So if this very reasonable estimation is any base, the RFA's will cost between 11 and 14 million.

Speculation of course, but these players have earned those contracts and i'd be quite surprised to expect any cap space after their signings baring any inevitable roster moves.
Most expected del Zotto to get more as well.. Steps played as a 1c for a half season, before that was his production worth anything close to 5m on a RFA contract? We will see if Slats is willing to give McD more than Staal

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
06-30-2013, 08:56 AM
  #348
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 16,469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
A little shot at Torts. Those must be the two guys AV referred to last week. Two players on the cusp of making the team. Clark and the Rangers brass like Miller at center.
Thats a cheap shot at Torts. Kreider played over 10 minute per game last season and was a ghost for most of it.

Clark has lost his luster over the past couple of years. Why can't we find those bottom 6 players we need so desperately though the draft?

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
06-30-2013, 08:57 AM
  #349
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 16,469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
I just don't get how the Rangers have very little cap room when they have 14m right NOW. no one has a clue as to how much our RFAs will cost and until then saying we have no room is very wrong. Then again I'm one of the few expecting neither McD or Stepan to get as much as most think so who knows
Doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out the RFA's will costs just south of $14M

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
06-30-2013, 09:03 AM
  #350
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 16,401
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callafan24 View Post
I think it's fair to assume that our 4 RFA's will garner between 11 - 14 million, which puts us right against the cap ceiling. So there's no room to improve the roster without making a move. And aside from a few 4th liners, none of our players are really overpaid (aside from Richards, his buyout next summer will give us space for FA) so it's tough to see how Sather is going to improve the club for this season.

Think about it.

McDonagh has to be locked up; between 4 and 5 million
Stepan also should skip the bridge contract; he'll earn between 3.8 and 5
Hagelin should get around 2 million
MZA is line up for 1.5 - 2

So if this very reasonable estimation is any base, the RFA's will cost between 11 and 14 million.

Speculation of course, but these players have earned those contracts and i'd be quite surprised to expect any cap space after their signings baring any inevitable roster moves.
That's true, for the first half of the season. But 3M in cap space is enough to trade for a 6M player half way through...or a 4M and a 2M player. And that's assuming nobody goes the other way or is sent down to CT.

broadwayblue is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:59 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.