HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cory Schneider is in play for Trade Discussion

Closed Thread

Old
06-30-2013, 12:57 AM
LolClarkson*
Canucks 4 the cup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gradin123 View Post
They will never reveal this but the year they went to the Stanley Cup, all told they likely made $80 million that season. If they simply refuse to buyout Luongo then they are cheap.

The franchise value has gone up $200M since the Aquilini's bought them, if they refuse to buyout Luongo (which by the way is in the best interest of the hockey team longterm) then they are cheap.
So a once in 20 years run to the cup, they made 80 million and you are calling it "cheap" for them not to flush 20 of it down the toilet ?

The value of the franchise is just a facade. Asset price bubble.

Old
06-30-2013, 12:57 AM
Edler Von Gud

vCash: 1308
Send a message via MSN to Edler Von Gud
Quote:
He played 13 games and was sucking.
perhaps trying to play through an injury had something to do with that....let's just look past the previous two seasons where he was great....

Old
06-30-2013, 12:58 AM
Tiranis

Quote:
In other words you didn't actually watch the games?

Old
06-30-2013, 01:00 AM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
? Lack was 7-4-1 before injury. ya his stats were rough (save %) after the first 3 games but so were most of the goalies on teams he went up against.

Hell the Wolves beat the Rampage 6-5 in OT and Lack made 19/24 were super-touted Markstrom let in 6 on 19 ...

Climie and Cannata combined had a sub .500 record, Lack did not.

Old
06-30-2013, 01:03 AM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJOpus View Post
I remember being roasted for wanting to trade Ballard + 2nd for Gagne when Gagne was struggling last year. Now he's possibly what we are holding out for in a Schneider trade and people are happy?

Rediculous.
Gagner is grossly underrated and that offer only exemplifies that. He is twenty three and was on pace for 65 points this year. He's a playmaker and if he gels with Kesler that would solve both our centre and wing issues.

Old
06-30-2013, 01:06 AM
gradin123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldrunner View Post
So a once in 20 years run to the cup, they made 80 million and you are calling it "cheap" for them not to flush 20 of it down the toilet ?

The value of the franchise is just a facade. Asset price bubble.
Whatever TB can buy out Vinny but the Canucks can't buyout Lou? Gimme a break. That is bad ownership because they are at a competitive disadvantage if they won't use their buyout on Luongo.

In the longrun keeping Lou will cost the Aquilini's money anyways because the Canucks will be bottom dwellers soon they way they are heading and the bandwagon city known as Vancouver will abandon ship.

The Canucks are doomed as an organization right now because they have CHEAP, MEDDLING Owners. I am actually starting to feel bad for Gillis because they are now running the show. And Trust me I'm no Gillis supporter but he only got his job because Frankie Aqulini is a meddling owner.

Old
06-30-2013, 01:08 AM
Bourne Endeavor

Quote:
Booth can't be bought out because he is still hurt.
He would be traded in a separate deal, perhaps for Cammalleri at half price.

FORWARDS
Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)
Mike Cammalleri ($3.000mó50.0%) / Sam Gagner ($4.000m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m)
Chris Higgins ($2.500m) / Jordan Schroeder ($0.851m) / Alexandre Burrows ($4.500m)
Dale Weise ($0.677m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)
Tom Sestito ($0.750m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Alexander Edler ($5.000m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)
Jason Garrison ($4.600m) / Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m)
Frank Corrado ($0.599m) / Chris Tanev ($1.300m)
Andrew Alberts ($0.700m) /
GOALTENDERS
Roberto Luongo ($5.333m)
Eddie Lack ($0.750m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,079,778; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $220,222
-------------

Tight but damn doable and bloody impressive.

Old
06-30-2013, 01:09 AM
gradin123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Gagner is grossly underrated and that offer only exemplifies that. He is twenty three and was on pace for 65 points this year. He's a playmaker and if he gels with Kesler that would solve both our centre and wing issues.
I believe because Gagner already has so much experience that will be be eligible for UFA status soon. He appearently is seeking a 5 year contract worth $5M per right now. Otherwise he'll just go to arbitation(get $4M) and then become a UFA next year.

Old
06-30-2013, 01:09 AM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Whatever TB can buy out Vinny but the Canucks can't buyout Lou? Gimme a break. That is bad ownership because they are at a competitive disadvantage if they won't use their buyout on Luongo.

In the longrun keeping Lou will cost the Aquilini's money anyways because the Canucks will be bottom dwellers soon they way they are heading and the bandwagon city known as Vancouver will abandon ship.

The Canucks are doomed as an organization right now because they have CHEAP, MEDDLING Owners. I am actually starting to feel bad for Gillis because they are now running the show. And Trust me I'm no Gillis supporter but he only got his job because Frankie Aqulini is a meddling owner.

Alright this looks too much like trolling.

Tampa's Lacavalier buyout vs a Luongo buyout is completely different play-types, contracts and situations.

The issue with not buying out Luongo is that his cap hit is actually very good for what he brings, now and for the next 4-5 years.

Lecavalier's contract was just horrible.

Old
06-30-2013, 01:11 AM
LolClarkson*
Canucks 4 the cup

Quote:

In the short run, keeping Schnieder will cost stupid money. He will want 7 million in 2 years

Just because Tampa makes a stupid decision, has no baring on what happens here.

Old
06-30-2013, 01:11 AM
gradin123

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post

Alright this looks too much like trolling.

Tampa's Lacavalier buyout vs a Luongo buyout is completely different play-types, contracts and situations.

The issue with not buying out Luongo is that his cap hit is actually very good for what he brings, now and for the next 4-5 years.

Lecavalier's contract was just horrible.
But appearently from multiple sources Gillis may be under an edict that he CANNOT buyout Luongo even if the thinks it would be best for the franchise.

Btw, I highly doubt Luongo will be a goalie worth $6.3 million 4 years from now. On that I total disagree with you. He has already lost lateral movement.

Old
06-30-2013, 01:12 AM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
I believe because Gagner already has so much experience that will be be eligible for UFA status soon. He appearently is seeking a 5 year contract worth $5M per right now. Otherwise he'll just go to arbitation(get $4M) and then become a UFA next year.
I'd expect Gagne's contract to be similar to Duchene's 2nd contract. 2 years, $3-$3.5 mil.

He's too young to be a UFA next year...

Old
06-30-2013, 01:13 AM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
But appearently from multiple sources Gillis may be under an edict that he CANNOT buyout Luongo even if the thinks it would be best for the franchise.
It isn't what's best for the franchise... why would you spend $25 mil on nothing...

Old
06-30-2013, 01:14 AM
Bourne Endeavor

Quote:
Or maybe he signs for less here because the situation is vastly different. Look at the roster I posted above. Do you not think Gagner could be sold on taking a little less for a year or two and play for a highly stacked roster? In Edmonton, he is a part of a perennial failure, whereas here he would be finally getting to the playoffs. Players see things differently when circumstances change.

Old
06-30-2013, 01:14 AM
John Bender*

Quote:
I'd expect Gagne's contract to be similar to Duchene's 2nd contract. 2 years, $3-$3.5 mil.

Actually I heared gagner was on track to become the youngest ufa in history.

Old
06-30-2013, 01:15 AM
Flames7676

If Cory does not get traded then they should buy Loungo out. Gillies already suffocated one year of his career because he "couldn't get a trade". I actually feel sorry that Loungo has to go through this his prime is being wasted because some clown can't just buy him out he would do better on a open market and he actually stated he would take less to play.

Old
06-30-2013, 01:15 AM
Bourne Endeavor

Quote:

Btw, I highly doubt Luongo will be a goalie worth $6.3 million 4 years from now. On that I total disagree with you. He has already lost lateral movement.
Then we will trade him to a cap floor team for a 7th and roll with Lack or whomever. Buying out Luongo instead of getting the massive haul Schneider will bring is terrible asset management.

Old
06-30-2013, 01:19 AM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Then we will trade him to a cap floor team for a 7th and roll with Lack or whomever. Buying out Luongo instead of getting the massive haul Schneider will bring is terrible asset management.
Especially in 4 years when the cap is up to $75 + mil...

Old
06-30-2013, 01:20 AM
gradin123

Quote:

It's not age its experience. Btw, he will be eligible to be a UFA after next season.

http://www.coppernblue.com/2013/5/21...r-new-contract

Old
06-30-2013, 01:20 AM
Dado

vCash:
If we do this Schneider/Gagner thing, don't we basically end up with our playoff roster from this past year, with Gagner replacing Roy and worse backup goaltending?

Old
06-30-2013, 01:21 AM
me2
Seahawks 43

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles View Post
He thinks that Schneider will be requesting $7M per year once his contract is expired, and I wouldn't be surprised if that's true. It seems like goalies are commanding bigger and bigger salaries every year.
$7m is the rate now, in 2 years with rapid cap bounce back probably 8-9m.

Old
06-30-2013, 01:22 AM
LPH
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames7676 View Post
If Cory does not get traded then they should buy Loungo out. Gillies already suffocated one year of his career because he "couldn't get a trade". I actually feel sorry that Loungo has to go through this his prime is being wasted because some clown can't just buy him out he would do better on a open market and he actually stated he would take less to play.
I don't think you can blame this situation entirely on Gillis for two reasons.

1) Luongo reportedly stopped a trade to Toronto last year when he was still holding out for Florida. Lu having essentially a 1 team trading list really limited his options.
2) Ownership is strongly against buyouts and it has been reported by multiple sources that Aquaman won't buy out Lu.

Old
06-30-2013, 01:23 AM
gradin123

Quote:
Especially in 4 years when the cap is up to $75 + mil...
The longer the Canucks keep Luongo the higher the recapture when he retires. He will not play until the end of his contract. They already are on the hooks for about $6Millions in recapture money when he retires. The reason no one wants Lou's money is because of the recapture penalty. Dead cap space in the future.

Old
06-30-2013, 01:23 AM
ZKass The Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames7676 View Post
The thing is the owner will not pass a $27m buyout of Luongo. If ANYTHING he'll get waived.

Old
06-30-2013, 01:24 AM
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister

vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dado View Post
If we do this Schneider/Gagner thing, don't we basically end up with our playoff roster from this past year, with Gagner replacing Roy and worse backup goaltending?
Depends if we sign someone in UFA or make any other trades or not.

Also if we draft Nichushkin at 7 he'll likely be on the team, too.

Closed Thread