HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers looking to deal for D

Old
06-30-2013, 12:51 AM
JeffMangum
~anger~

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
I can't decide if I want to be a part of this thread until I know what this thread is.

What am I looking at here? Where is this rumor from?
Dude, trust me, Dagoon is legit. He's vetted as a source here, so if you want to ***** about it, you can kindly leave the thread.

06-30-2013, 12:57 AM
mike14

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB v2 0 View Post
Dude, trust me, Dagoon is legit. He's vetted as a source here, so if you want to ***** about it, you can kindly leave the thread.
So we can't ask where he's getting his info from?

I appreciate it when he comes on here with what he's heard, but from memory it's normally "I was talking to player from team x at restaurant" or whatever, not just "rumour"

mike14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 12:59 AM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
^ Kid on a power trip.

I don't think I'm being unreasonable asking for a source. If Dagoon is getting this information from an inside source I think it would be appropriate for him to state that up front. I don't have all HF posters who have vetted sources committed to memory, nor do I intend to.

Rangers Unlimited
Hockey Graphs
Thirty One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 12:59 AM
JeffMangum
~anger~

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike14 View Post
So we can't ask where he's getting his info from?

I appreciate it when he comes on here with what he's heard, but from memory it's normally "I was talking to player from team x at restaurant" or whatever, not just "rumour"
Ask a mod via PM, we don't need to discuss this in-thread. He does have sources, he was the first one to report that Tortorella could be fired.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 01:04 AM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

I dont want Staal traded. I want him to stay so i can get a nightly glimpse of the Big Visor. Hell, I hope Staal gets a big helmet too. Like david Wrights or dark Helmet.

I worked with Scuderi's sister years ago. Never understood how both siblings didn't have NY accents. Brian Mullen is another one. Sounds Canadian.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 01:07 AM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Scuderi would be surprising, unless not only Staal that may be in play, but DZ as well.
McD, Scuderi, Moore on the left side.
With the premium on Dmen we are seeing, i can see the logic if and only if the returns for Staal and DZ are adequate.

Kwayry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 01:10 AM
silverfish
KEVIN!

Quote:
Ask a mod via PM, we don't need to discuss this in-thread. He does have sources, he was the first one to report that Tortorella could be fired.
You shouldn't give up Dagoon's sources just because someone PMs you. Mods word should be good enough, just saying.

I have sources too, they're not as reliable or as informative, but if I gave them to mods I sure as **** wouldn't want them telling other people because they PM'd you.

My $0.02

With that said, I'd much rather get rid of DZ than Staal. Understand that Staal certainly has more value though.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 01:11 AM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
How is Staal's vision? Is he even good enough medically where a team would trade for him right now?

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 01:12 AM
JeffMangum
~anger~

If Staal were traded, Id like to see Scuderi here. Hell, if Del Zotto is moved, I'd like to see Scuderi here. Great bottom-pairing defenseman, excellent penalty killer, tough as nails, and a veteran with two cup rings.

Now, I'd be intrigued as to what Staal could return. I could honestly see #5 for Staal, it makes sense; not because his name is Staal and because it's the Hurricanes, it's because the Rangers effectively clear cap space with this move and also secure an asset that is most likely NHL ready next year in a third/fourth line role (READ: Sean Monahan, Valeri Nichuskin, potentially Elias Lindholm). The Hurricanes also get what they're looking for in a top-notch defenseman. Could probably get Caroline to throw something else in there, as well.

Old
06-30-2013, 01:14 AM
mike14

If Staal goes for anything less than a king's ransom I'll be upset. Can't see the point in going after Scuderi unless we just want a veteran warm body for a few seasons, he's also coming off a $3.4m per year contract and would probably want something similar (around $3m) so there's not much cap saving

mike14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 01:14 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

The next person discussing a source in here is getting infracted and threadbanned. That's all.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 01:15 AM
Rust Heisenberg

Dagoon's twitter:

"Staal could fetch a ransom"...

I for one trust that he has sources. I'm very interested in the ransom though.

Ryan + for Staal and i'm really intrigued. We need scoring. We have defense coming up soon.

Wish DZ was the one traded but Staal may have been on the way out regardless of what I want.

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 01:15 AM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:
If Staal were traded, Id like to see Scuderi here. Hell, if Del Zotto is moved, I'd like to see Scuderi here. Great bottom-pairing defenseman, excellent penalty killer, tough as nails, and a veteran with two cup rings.

Now, I'd be intrigued as to what Staal could return. I could honestly see #5 for Staal, it makes sense; not because his name is Staal and because it's the Hurricanes, it's because the Rangers effectively clear cap space with this move and also secure an asset that is most likely NHL ready next year in a third/fourth line role (READ: Sean Monahan, Valeri Nichuskin, potentially Elias Lindholm). The Hurricanes also get what they're looking for in a top-notch defenseman. Could probably get Caroline to throw something else in there, as well.
The something else better be significant.

Old
06-30-2013, 01:18 AM
Riverdale

For Staal we better damn well get a proven top 6 forward.

Riverdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
The something else better be significant.
I agree. A draft pick is a pick. That's it. It could or could not turn out to be a bust. Better get a ransom for him.

Old
JeffMangum
~anger~

Staal/Boyle/#65 for 5th overall/Tlusty.

Perhaps.

Old
06-30-2013, 01:19 AM
Lundsanity30

if we're trading Staal we damn sure better get a top 6 forward in return IMO

Lundsanity30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 01:22 AM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Staal/Boyle/#65 for 5th overall/Tlusty.

Perhaps.
No reason to trade him to CAR. He could end up there when all is said and done but I'm not giving them a discount for ***** and giggles.

Defensemen are a hot commodity this offseason. He has an eye problem but doctors expect a full recovery from him, whether he claims that he may never get there. For God's sake, Coburn is reportedly able to get the #5 on his own. Staal is our best defenseman (arguably) when he's healthy. You get a top 6 forward and a top 4 defenseman for him.

Ryan + top 4 defenseman/prospect that can turn into that. Carter + Scuderi. Kane + Byf. Take your pick. Staal can fetch that. No settling.

Sather is a magician. IF Staal get's moved expect A RANSOM. (Purely Opinion and hope).

Old
06-30-2013, 01:27 AM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Frankly, I can't see us trading Staal without getting D in return.

EvilCorporateLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 01:32 AM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I think you go for a top line (or top 2 line) forward and then a top 4 d.

So first line winger and 2nd pairing defender. Or a defender with potential to get there (At the very least)

Old
06-30-2013, 01:33 AM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I would be sad/pissed if there wasn't one included

JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 01:38 AM
NYR Viper

Oh boy. I wanted Scuderi anyways. He is a good shut down calming influence and he skates well. Very little offense but that's okay considering all else he provides.

Thanks Dagoon for bringing this in.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 01:41 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Not everything is a joke, and trying to make one out of everything get's old and wears on people.

Question it all you want, Dagoon has been right in the past and also had Staal do a signing if I am correct at one of his establishments a few years ago.

Just because a person's opinion doesn't align with yours doesn't mean you have to make something out of nothing, or attack the person. It's a message board, which has literally nothing to do with anyone's social standing. Have noticed it quite a bit lately that a certain few think their **** doesn't stink for whatever reason.

Not directed at anyone in particular, but something we should all keep in mind. We've lost a lot of good posters, some with inside info who wanted to key us in and got bashed by the keyboard warriors.

Thanks Dagoon for putting yourself out there, if it happens you deserve credit once again, if nothing happens it's because these things are never 100% guaranteed and people need to remember that instead of trashing the source, unless its Eklund.

Last edited by Barbara Underhill: 06-30-2013 at 01:47 AM.
Barbara Underhill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 01:43 AM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
Not everything is a joke, and trying to make one out of everything get's old and wears on people.

Question it all you want, Dagoon has been right in the past and also had Staal do a signing if I am correct at one of his establishments a few years ago.

Just because a person's opinion doesn't align with yours doesn't mean you have to make something out of nothing, or attack the person. It's a message board, which has very literally nothing to do with anyone's social standing. Have noticed it quite a bit lately that a certain few think their **** doesn't stink for whatever reason.

Not directed at anyone in particular, but something we should all keep in mind. We've lost a lot of good posters, some with inside info who wanted to key us in and got bashed by the keyboard warriors.

Thanks Dagoon for putting yourself out there, if it happens you deserve credit once again, if nothing happens it's because these things are never 100% guaranteed and people need to remember that instead of trashing the source, unless its Eklund.
Hear hear!

Thanks, Dagoon.

EvilCorporateLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 01:45 AM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post

Just because a person's opinion doesn't align with yours doesn't mean you have to make something out of nothing, or attack the person. It's a message board, which has very literally nothing to do with anyone's social standing. Have noticed it quite a bit lately that a certain few think their **** doesn't stink for whatever reason.