HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rumors and Speculation Thread #8: Draft Day Edition

Closed Thread

Old
06-30-2013, 01:44 AM
Prongo
Beer

vCash: 500
No way I touch the Kings rumored deal. Martinez is a 7th dman, who basically we have already in Gervais. Clifford would ad a lot of grit to the bottom six, but thats where he will play. Never anything more. Grossmann is more valuable to us then in this trade.

Old
06-30-2013, 02:03 AM
blinds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
No way I touch the Kings rumored deal. Martinez is a 7th dman, who basically we have already in Gervais. Clifford would ad a lot of grit to the bottom six, but thats where he will play. Never anything more. Grossmann is more valuable to us then in this trade.
Completely agree, I feel Grossmann is worth much more than both of them. Martinez we don't need at all, we're fine with bottom pairing d-men.. Only reason I could see to take this trade is if we're afraid Grossmann doesn't have a very long career left with his concussion and knee issues.

Old
06-30-2013, 04:05 AM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

If this deal is true I'm going to miss Grossmann. He's a tough SOB and shot blocking machine. He gave tough minutes but with the emergence of Schenn I think it made him expandable. Also if we get Martinez we are obviously finally helping PL out with getting the defense to mesh with the style of hockey he wants to run. So more mobile puck movers is good.

I like Clifford in this deal too. More skilled sandpaper. It will make this team tough to play against and hard to physically match. I don't think too highly of Cousins. He has major holes in his game to work out and to be honest I don't think his scoring touch in the juniors will translate to the pros. If he can develop into a 2nd liner then good for the kings because he will be an annoying SOB to play against. If he doesn't, I don't think he can be a bottom six player unless he makes great strides in improving his defensive awareness.

Old
06-30-2013, 06:44 AM
Krishna

I stay away from that deal.

Old
06-30-2013, 07:06 AM
Tripod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
If you get the 5th you take a forward assuming Jones is gone.

If you get the 7th you take Ristolainen or Nurse, whoever you covet more.
If Philly happenend to get the 5th(which I doubt), I then talk to Edmonton at 7 and tell them that if I keep the pick, I am taking a forward. See if they will give up an asset to move up to get the choice of who they want(assuming between Lind and Mon). Then at 7, I would see who fell to that spot...maybe it's Nik. I would like us to pick Risto, but adding Nik at 7 would be too tempting.

Old
06-30-2013, 07:38 AM
Flyers845

I just can't wait to see who they get to start in net for next season. I still can't see Steve mason starting the majority of the games I dunno if he's ready for all that yet

Old
06-30-2013, 08:26 AM
Icedog2735

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbathero View Post
Anyone know of a radio station that I can listen to on "tunein" while I make this trip across Canada?

Edit: for the draft. Ha. Not just a music station. I'm tired.
Just search TSN Toronto on TuneIn and the station should come up

Old
06-30-2013, 08:32 AM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icedog2735 View Post
Just search TSN Toronto on TuneIn and the station should come up
Thanks. Ill have a look. Going from
Kenora, where I bumped into Richards, to the sault today. 11-13 hours.... Ugh. Then onto Toronto Canada day.

Old
06-30-2013, 08:44 AM
TheDrizzle81

Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
I honestly hope holmgren is being stubborn with his price for Coburn. And I hope it is super high. He doesn't need to trade him. Tradin Coburn is a luxury for us. If Edmonton wants him I hope we fleece them good. It'd be nice to be on the other side of a fleecing(I guess the last one really was the trade to get him). As far as Read goes, unless he knows he can't sign him there shouldn't be a rush to move him either. I hope today is about building a strong future and adding to the nice peices we have instead of destroying that trying to win it all now.

Old
06-30-2013, 09:10 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

So, the apparent rumour with the Schenn brothers had to do with Boston. Tyler Seguin was the target, but Boston wanted the Flyers 11th overall choice added and the Flyers wanted Dougie Hamilton added. Talks ended there.

Old
06-30-2013, 09:12 AM
healthyscratch

vCash: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
So, the apparent rumour with the Schenn brothers had to do with Boston. Tyler Seguin was the target, but Boston wanted the Flyers 11th overall choice added and the Flyers wanted Dougie Hamilton added. Talks ended there.
I wonder if Homer, or anyone in the FO for that matter, has ever said "you know, player x really wouldn't fit on our team, lets not even ask about him."

Old
06-30-2013, 09:20 AM
StevensCakeBakerBacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
I honestly hope holmgren is being stubborn with his price for Coburn. And I hope it is super high. He doesn't need to trade him. Tradin Coburn is a luxury for us. If Edmonton wants him I hope we fleece them good. It'd be nice to be on the other side of a fleecing(I guess the last one really was the trade to get him). As far as Read goes, unless he knows he can't sign him there shouldn't be a rush to move him either. I hope today is about building a strong future and adding to the nice peices we have instead of destroying that trying to win it all now.
How is getting Voracek, Couts, Simmonds, B. Schenn and Grossmann (traded LAs 2nd picked up in the Richards deal) for Richards and Carter a bad deal?

Say what you want about Holmgren and the deals he gives players, but his trades are pretty damn good.

Old
06-30-2013, 09:22 AM
Prongo
Beer

Just like with most big trades I don't think Boston would trade seguin in conference, especially to a rival like the flyers. We might be there biggest rival, but we have no love Lost for them.

The first move I believe opens the flood gates. I dont even think seguin is worth both schenns anyway. There's something fishy going on up in Boston. Peter c never trades his top end young talent, he had to do something to upset the front office(and no, not his poor playoff performance)

Old
06-30-2013, 09:23 AM
tymed

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevensCakeBakerBacker View Post
How is getting Voracek, Couts, Simmonds, B. Schenn and Grossmann (traded LAs 2nd picked up in the Richards deal) for Richards and Carter a bad deal?

Say what you want about Holmgren and the deals he gives players, but his trades are pretty damn good.

+ Nick Cousins with the 3rd from CBJ.

Old
06-30-2013, 09:25 AM
MsWoof

Quote:
Martinez and Greene were terrific in 2012 during the playoff run. He's had injuries this past season and didn't get much playing time. I would take him over Grossmann, he's more offensively minded and strong defensively. Young and cheap, too.

Old
06-30-2013, 09:28 AM
TheDrizzle81

Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevensCakeBakerBacker View Post

Who says they were bad deals? I don't think we fleeced either team though(well with Jeff Carter rage quitting in Columbus from day one I guess we do have the last laugh there). Holmgren does well with trading. What I'm saying is I hope that if he does move Coburn it's a lopsided return.

Old
06-30-2013, 09:30 AM
kudymen
4, 15, 38 and 63

Quote:
Just like with most big trades I don't think Boston would trade seguin in conference, especially to a rival like the flyers. We might be there biggest rival, but we have no love Lost for them.

The first move I believe opens the flood gates. I dont even think seguin is worth both schenns anyway. There's something fishy going on up in Boston. Peter c never trades his top end young talent, he had to do something to upset the front office(and no, not his poor playoff performance)
This surfaced on the Bruins board, I wonder if that's true:

Quote:
Lyndon Byers via FB:

Rumors swirling on the draft floor that one of the reasons Seguin is on the chopping block stems from his partying and his extra circular activities and they feel this may be a concerned why he didn't produce during the playoffs..doesn't seem to be fitting in with the code of conduct becoming of a Bs player... HMMM interesting tidbit...
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=250

Old
06-30-2013, 09:30 AM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
Martinez and Greene were terrific in 2012 during the playoff run. He's had injuries this past season and didn't get much playing time. I would take him over Grossmann, he's more offensively minded and strong defensively. Young and cheap, too.
I would rather keep grossmann and try and get a better player than Martinez. He is a bottom pairing defenseman who is over taken by rookies and journey man. Sorry but grossmann is the much better defender.

Also I don't think Clifford is anything special. I understand he has potential to still improve, but just stick with cousins and hope he produces as a third liner. Clifford is a tweener between the 4th line and 3rd line right now though.

Old
06-30-2013, 09:32 AM
MP92

Quote:
Originally Posted by kudymen View Post
This surfaced on the Bruins board, I wonder if that's true:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=250
Hmm, sounds like 2 players we used to have.

Old
06-30-2013, 09:33 AM
GingerFetish

I'm gonna be at work with just my phone and I think a radio, anyway to listen in?

Old
06-30-2013, 09:34 AM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOREacek View Post
Didn't they learn anything from the Flyers?

Old
06-30-2013, 09:36 AM
healthyscratch

vCash: 633
Alex Edler seems to be available, shouldn't we be talking to someone in the great northwest about this?

eta: Mckenzie just posted this right after I hit add reply.

mckenzie: Will VAN's Alex Edler get "Jeff Carter-ed"? (Traded right before his NTC kicks in). I'd say there's a decent chance Edler gets "Carter-ed."
9:36am - 30 Jun 13

Old
06-30-2013, 09:38 AM
FlyingPhilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
So the entire deal was this?

Boston:
Seguin
Hamilton

Philadelphia:
BSchenn
LSchenn
11th Overall

I think I would do that deal. Of course I doubt the Bruins would.

Old
06-30-2013, 09:45 AM
StevensCakeBakerBacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOREacek View Post
Hey! That's libel and the HFB attorneys are going to protect the good image of those "two players" to the fullest extent of the law; or, maybe some Flyers fans with Kings avatars will just flame you.

Old
06-30-2013, 09:47 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1598
Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerFetish View Post
I'm gonna be at work with just my phone and I think a radio, anyway to listen in?
Information can be found here including radio. Not sure if it helps, based on location I suppose...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=426435

Quote:
TSN and TEAM Radio
TSN and TEAM radio stations across the country are live and on location for the 2013 NHL DRAFT, including TSN Radio in Toronto (AM 1050), Montreal (AM 690) and Winnipeg (AM 1290), plus TEAM 1040 in Vancouver and TEAM 1200 in Ottawa.

On Sunday, June 30 all stations broadcast live from the Prudential Center (please visit each station's website for details). Along with live coverage of the 2013 NHL DRAFT, each station focuses on their local markets and teams.

Closed Thread