HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

Meeting with Lecavalier

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-30-2013, 10:19 AM
  #26
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,837
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
I might not agree on those players per se, but I do want tougher harder to play against players. we have enough softer finesse guys at the moment. We already have Bart, Backs and Huds as softer forwards and then Staj, Cammy, Stempy. Or only "tougher" forwards right now are Glencross, Jones and Knight and they still IMO aren't a the level of toughness we need.
Who do you want to target?

Also what do you think of giving Olsez a chance.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 10:24 AM
  #27
Adirondack Flames
Registered User
 
Adirondack Flames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 8,567
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Who do you want to target?

Also what do you think of giving Olsez a chance.
Obviously Horton as a UFA, but I know we won't get him.

I just don't want tough 3rd liners. I want top 6 forwards with grit.

no to Olesz unless its a year, 2 way deal @ league minimum, but at those rates I won't be upset with any signing

Adirondack Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 10:29 AM
  #28
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,837
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
Obviously Horton as a UFA, but I know we won't get him.

I just don't want tough 3rd liners. I want top 6 forwards with grit.

no to Olesz unless its a year, 2 way deal @ league minimum, but at those rates I won't be upset with any signing
I would give Olesz a 1 year 1 way 800k deal. He has always been physical (3rd in hits in 2009-2010 on Florida, 5th in hits in 2010-2011 missed half the season) and has always been a good defensive player (his worst season on Florida was -5)

I think he would be a good guy to take a gamble on he most likely will just be a slightly better version of Comeau but he does have a lot of skill.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 11:16 AM
  #29
MarkGio
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,866
vCash: 67
I too would take Vinny over "Flip", who now sounds like a teenage skateboarder to me.

But I would accept Filpula to share the number one spot with Backlund. Just to take the pressure off him for one more year until he takes the role and runs with it.

And if this does happen, I think Knight needs to take the number 3 spot and Stajan gets traded at the deadline

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 12:35 PM
  #30
Stewie Griffin
Moderator
Benevolent Overlord
 
Stewie Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary
Posts: 6,759
vCash: 1440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmorton View Post
I share your dream, but where's Backs?


Traded, maybe?

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 12:37 PM
  #31
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,837
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post


Traded, maybe?
You could move Stemps and let Backlund have his spot or have him center the 4th line.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 12:40 PM
  #32
patekilla
Registered User
 
patekilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 241
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
I actually hope If we miss on Vinny that it increases our chances of getting Filpula.
trust me you do not want at 5.5per!

patekilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 12:43 PM
  #33
Adirondack Flames
Registered User
 
Adirondack Flames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 8,567
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by patekilla View Post
trust me you do not want at 5.5per!
see MVW I told you so!

Adirondack Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 12:50 PM
  #34
Johnny Hoxville
Moderator
Formerly MVW
 
Johnny Hoxville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,893
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
see MVW I told you so!
Meh lol. Last offseason the majority of Wings fans wouldn't of moved him for Jbo. I think with top 6 minutes he's a definite upgrade over Stajan. But yeah it's a steep price.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 12:55 PM
  #35
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,837
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
Meh lol. Last offseason the majority of Wings fans wouldn't of moved him for Jbo. I think with top 6 minutes he's a definite upgrade over Stajan. But yeah it's a steep price.
How can we know unless we are playing Stajan in the top 6?

Also Stajan outplayed him last year even when he had Zetterberg.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 01:08 PM
  #36
Johnny Hoxville
Moderator
Formerly MVW
 
Johnny Hoxville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,893
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
How can we know unless we are playing Stajan in the top 6?

Also Stajan outplayed him last year even when he had Zetterberg.
They're actually fairly comparable but I view Filppula as a more skilled player. I really want to reunite him with Hudler.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 01:12 PM
  #37
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,837
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
They're actually fairly comparable but I view Filppula as a more skilled player. I really want to reunite him with Hudler.
At the 5+ million Filp will want I would rather actually use Stajan in the top 6 since I think he is a more productive player.

Stajan is not flashy at all but he finds a way to get the puck to his open linemates in scoring positions. He has also gained a bit of grit and is a very good 2 way player.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 01:20 PM
  #38
Johnny Hoxville
Moderator
Formerly MVW
 
Johnny Hoxville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,893
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
At the 5+ million Filp will want I would rather actually use Stajan in the top 6 since I think he is a more productive player.

Stajan is not flashy at all but he finds a way to get the puck to his open linemates in scoring positions. He has also gained a bit of grit and is a very good 2 way player.
I have Stajan pencilled in for 37-40 points next year. With Iggy and Tangs gone that's gonna affect his production a little. I love Stajan with Glencross and Stemps, but none of them are high snorers.

I think Filp and Hudler would both be over 50pts. Now of course this is just me so I'm probably completely wrong.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 01:24 PM
  #39
Adirondack Flames
Registered User
 
Adirondack Flames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 8,567
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
At the 5+ million Filp will want I would rather actually use Stajan in the top 6 since I think he is a more productive player.

Stajan is not flashy at all but he finds a way to get the puck to his open linemates in scoring positions. He has also gained a bit of grit and is a very good 2 way player.
Hudler - Stajan - Jones

/win

Adirondack Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 01:25 PM
  #40
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,837
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
I have Stajan pencilled in for 37-40 points next year. With Iggy and Tangs gone that's gonna affect his production a little. I love Stajan with Glencross and Stemps, but none of them are high snorers.

I think Filp and Hudler would both be over 50pts. Now of course this is just me so I'm probably completely wrong.
I don't see how Stajan only played with Tanguay 20% of the time and Iginla 14%.

How is Filp any better than Stajan he only has one season of 50+ points in his career last season he had 17 points in 41 games last year versus Stajan's 23 points in 43 games, Stajan had pp time Filp did, Stajan was our shut down center, Filp wasn't even a center and was playing wing on the 2nd line.

Basically Stajan at 3.5 > Filp at 5+

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 01:26 PM
  #41
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,837
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
Hudler - Stajan - Jones

/win
Personally I would keep our best line from last year together

Glencross - Stajan - Stempniak

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 01:32 PM
  #42
Adirondack Flames
Registered User
 
Adirondack Flames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 8,567
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Personally I would keep our best line from last year together

Glencross - Stajan - Stempniak
I think Stempniak and Glencross both played great with everyone, as did Stajan. But Hudler played his best with Stajan and Cervenka, Jones replacing Cervenka seems like a good fit.

Plus I really want Stempniak and Glencross to school Knight

Adirondack Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 01:34 PM
  #43
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,837
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
I think Stempniak and Glencross both played great with everyone, as did Stajan. But Hudler played his best with Stajan and Cervenka, Jones replacing Cervenka seems like a good fit.

Plus I really want Stempniak and Glencross to school Knight
All good points, lets wait and see what we do in FA. If we get Vinny I want Hudler to be with him if we get him.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 01:39 PM
  #44
Adirondack Flames
Registered User
 
Adirondack Flames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 8,567
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
All good points, lets wait and see what we do in FA. If we get Vinny I want Hudler to be with him if we get him.
Depends if we have Cammy still too

I wold prefer Sven/Vinny/Cammy but that's just me.

Adirondack Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 01:41 PM
  #45
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,837
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
Depends if we have Cammy still too

I wold prefer Sven/Vinny/Cammy but that's just me.
I want
Hudler - Vinny - Jones (would prefer Horton here but we will see)
Sven - Backlund - Cammy

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 01:45 PM
  #46
Adirondack Flames
Registered User
 
Adirondack Flames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 8,567
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
I want
Hudler - Vinny - Jones (would prefer Horton here but we will see)
Sven - Backlund - Cammy
Vinny replacing Staj on my lines, I don't have an issue with that.

Adirondack Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 09:35 PM
  #47
Wabbit
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 112
vCash: 500
Vinny would be the ideal mentor for our young centers-mainly Monahan and Knight. he plays a sound two-way game and we need these guys to learn the position by watching a guy like that.

Wabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 12:03 AM
  #48
1993
Registered User
 
1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Calgary
Posts: 577
vCash: 500
WTF would we want Vinny for? We are in a rebuild so accept it. If he is coming to Calgary for 5 yrs @ $5 million per then he is coming for the money and a basic retirement package because he would have no motivation to win. we don't need any of these types of UFA's. Grab Bozak and a few on short term deals that would be attractive for trade deadline deals.

1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 12:07 AM
  #49
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,837
vCash: 354
LeBrun said he thinks it will take 5 mil per year for 4 or 5 years.

I would easily give him 23 million over 4 years (5.75 av)

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 12:43 AM
  #50
Volica
Registered User
 
Volica's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,090
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
LeBrun said he thinks it will take 5 mil per year for 4 or 5 years.

I would easily give him 23 million over 4 years (5.75 av)
I'd be absolutely fine with 18 million/3 year deal. Cap's meant for spending.

I have to think Stajan or Backlund will be finding their way out soon enough (saddens me, Backlund; I don't care about Stajan lol) if Vinny is signed.

Vinny
Backlund/Stajan
Monahan
Knight

That's not bad center depth actually. Very young.

Volica is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:26 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.