HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 Offseason Thread Part VI: Vinny Lecavalier chooses Philly (5 years, $4.5M per)

Closed Thread

Old
06-30-2013, 10:43 AM
EuroFlair
Nash 40g in 2014-15

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh3217 View Post
With Sather acquiring Falk, another lefty, leads me to believe that Staal or Del Zotto will be moving.
Really feels like this leads to a bigger move.

Old
06-30-2013, 10:44 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
Maybe he could elaborate on that then and try to state his case.
Generally on a forum such as this conversations are back and forth with points being hit on by both parties. You ignored all but his one statement, he's not debating himself.

Old
06-30-2013, 10:45 AM
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
Generally on a forum such as this conversations are back and forth with points being hit on by both parties. You ignored all but his one statement, he's not debating himself.
And his "Back", instead of trying to state a case to the contrary, was to say "wow", which leads me to believe he didn't really have anything else but just needed to put a snarky reply in there just 'cause.

Old
06-30-2013, 10:45 AM
Kershaw

I strongly doubt that the acquisition of a filler dman like Falk makes Staal/MDZ expandable, but I've seen crazy things happen before.

Old
06-30-2013, 10:47 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Igor Eronko ‏@IgorEronko 10m

#Jets Alexander Burmistrov's Russian agent told http://championat.com Burmi is close to 2-year agreement with #AkBars of #KHL
----

Old
06-30-2013, 10:48 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
And his "Back", instead of trying to state a case to the contrary, was to say "wow", which leads me to believe he didn't really have anything else but just needed to put a snarky reply in there just 'cause.
Its your move to defend Clark's drafting record. We're waiting.

Old
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
----
I will wait until a NA reporter confirms this. Saw BS tweets saying Voynov was going to sign with SKA for big money.

Old
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
What would you have liked me to say? Your response was about something I never said or could even possibly deduce from my comment. Then you ignored the other half of my post. Not a lot I can do with that....

06-30-2013, 10:50 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Not sure what this is supposed to mean? The coach is always going to lose. But how is that feather in Clark's hat?
You really think Kreider/Miller couldn't hold a 4th line job last year on a different team? Torts did not like them - he preferred NHL experience over them.

The strength of our prospect pool is not a reflection on availability/use. After Torts comment about making Sedin's block shots/PK, how could this not be any clearer?

Old
06-30-2013, 10:50 AM
Kershaw

Dagoon said Rangers are looking to trade for young, cost friendly dman for next season. I think David Rundblad fits that description. JT Miller or Chris Kreider straight up for David Rundblad.

Old
06-30-2013, 10:52 AM
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie

Quote:
What would you have liked me to say? Your response was about something I never said or could even possibly deduce from my comment. Then you ignored the other half of my post. Not a lot I can do with that....
It's very clear that you don't have much to say in general. WOW.

Old
06-30-2013, 10:53 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Dagoon said Rangers are looking to trade for young, cost friendly dman for next season. I think David Rundblad fits that description. JT Miller or Chris Kreider straight up for David Rundblad.
Good call but rundblads value is low now, rd correct? Yotes are deep on d so maybe Thomas ?

Old
06-30-2013, 10:54 AM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Good call but rundblads value is low now, rd correct? Yotes are deep on d so maybe Thomas ?
Don't see why Rundblad's value would be low. Thomas is an insulting offer for him.

Old
06-30-2013, 10:55 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post
You really think Kreider/Miller couldn't hold a 4th line job last year on a different team? Torts did not like them - he preferred NHL experience over them.

The strength of our prospect pool is not a reflection on availability/use. After Torts comment about making Sedin's block shots/PK, how could this not be any clearer?
They could be why would you want two top prospects getting limited minutes instead of okay in legit minutes in the A? The coach had a very defined role for what a fourth liner is. And they didn't fit that role.

Th fact that there was nothing in the system that could be reached down for is a mark on Clark's drafting record. Does that mean he's been awful? Of course not. But I don't think he's been as great as some believe.

Again, I don't see how it's a Torts vs Clark thing.

Old
06-30-2013, 10:55 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

I wonder if Burmistrov is trying to force a trade with this KHL talk.

Old
06-30-2013, 10:56 AM
EuroFlair
Nash 40g in 2014-15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Would definitely be a target Im in favor for. Long time I saw him play now but he possess a skill set we need and from what I have read he has improved a lot without the puck. Can't be that expensive either. Right handed.

Old
06-30-2013, 10:57 AM
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Well he's already said he's not going to re-sign with Winnipeg

Old
06-30-2013, 10:57 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
My first thought as well.

06-30-2013, 10:58 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
He asked if that's what you got out of his entire post, which apparently it was. Which was unfounded on your part, so "wow" is actually quite fitting. You want to discuss things with people? or just try and get them to argue with themselves?

Old
06-30-2013, 10:58 AM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
----
Ah, that sucks. Why would he do that? He's an NHL player.

06-30-2013, 11:00 AM
LetterJ

Bobrovsky being offered to teams by the Blue Jackets. Told he wants $6 mil per. Columbus in market for a goalie.

https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger

Old
06-30-2013, 11:03 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
They could be why would you want two top prospects getting limited minutes instead of okay in legit minutes in the A? The coach had a very defined role for what a fourth liner is. And they didn't fit that role.

Th fact that there was nothing in the system that could be reached down for is a mark on Clark's drafting record. Does that mean he's been awful? Of course not. But I don't think he's been as great as some believe.

Again, I don't see how it's a Torts vs Clark thing.
So, Clark isn't as great as some believe because he hasn't been able to draft for his coach's very defined 4th line role?

Would Clark be held in higher regard if he drafted someone for the fourth line role and not BPA?

Why go BPA at all then?

Old
06-30-2013, 11:05 AM
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetterJ View Post
Bobrovsky being offered to teams by the Blue Jackets. Told he wants $6 mil per. Columbus in market for a goalie.

https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger
The Vezina "winner"

Go home Bobrovsky, you're drunk

Old
06-30-2013, 11:05 AM
cacchioli22

i like the trade but another lhd? can he play the right side? more trades to come?

Old
06-30-2013, 11:07 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post
So, Clark isn't as great as some believe because he hasn't been able to draft for his coach's very defined 4th line role?

Would Clark be held in higher regard if he drafted someone for the fourth line role and not BPA?

Why go BPA at all then?
Torts' 4th line role isnt much different than the league norm. Guys that can skate, have some skill, and can provide energy. Its pretty absurd we haven;t been able to draft and develop those kind of guys from within.

Putting Miller and Kreider in that role is silly. They are 2nd/3rd liners, just like the glut of the younger Rangers that have been drafted.

Closed Thread