HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stop!!!

Closed Thread

Old
01-08-2004, 07:37 AM
wendelissimo

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to wendelissimo
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakes
Even at the expense of 10 years.. I want to see a championship in my lifetime.. Hell, I made it through the 80's I could do another 10 as long as I saw a cup
I've been watching twenty five years....waiting.
We need one more good blue liner...to make a serious run.
With all the talent this team has now, waiting is silly. We have top world class players on our team RIGHT NOW, arguably more so than any team in the league, and they're not getting any younger.

Roberts Belfour Mogilny and Nieuwendyk and others are getting there last kick at the cup...if its not supported, it's all for not.

JFJ will make a deal IMHO:-)

Old
01-08-2004, 08:57 AM
Kenadyan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple_Leafs_Forever
I know its not going to happen but it would be so gosh darn cool if Svehla, seeing out current position signs on near the playoffs, just to have a chance at the cup.

*Sigh* day dreaming really is fun.
Unfortunately, it would be next to impossible for it to happen. It has nothing to do with Svehla wanting or not wanting to come back. He signed and filed his retirement papers (finally) with the league last Sept. For him to come back THIS season, it would take the approval of the other 29 teams (which is the NHL's condition for a player filing retirement papers and then wanting to return that same season). This same condition would apply to Patrick Roy, as well.

I'm pretty sure teams like Ottawa, Philadephia, and New Jersey wouldn't give such approval (why would they want to strength a possible playoff opponent right before the playoffs?).

Closed Thread