HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Game of the Year: Philadelphia Flyers @ Tampa Bay Lightning (7:30 PM EDT, CSN)

Old
10-19-2006, 11:02 PM
RoDu

vCash: 500
It would take away from my copy/paste job

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 11:04 PM
The n00b King ©*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodu View Post
The thing is when he signed the pylons, he had no way of knowing the NHL would actually stick to it's guns and open things up. They said many times in the past they would, and nothing happened. He tried to call their bluff, and lost
Yes this is true. But only partially. You see, it's fine to test this on the first year of the post-lockout.

But we're in the second season now, and he should of geared himself more towards speed and mobility in the off season instead of sticking to his guns and such.

Look at how Justin Williams is doing...ok, personally i hate him (koivu incident and all) but he's playing good hockey none the less.

I dunno what management is going to do next, but buying out contracts and waving out the problems isnt really gonna fix anything.

If you guys are already looking at the first overall pick, this is gonna be a LONG season.

The n00b King ©* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 11:06 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The n00b King © View Post
If you guys are already looking at the first overall pick, this is gonna be a LONG season.
Who are you kidding? It already has been...

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 11:08 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

You know something, I feel real sad. Without a shadow of a doubt, this is the most fragile team I've ever seen confidence wise. I'm not sure at this point what can be done to get these guys confidence back on track. What a sad, sad state right now.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 11:08 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl View Post
Who are you kidding? It already has been...
I just realized we've only played 7 games...it feels like 3 months of agony has already gone by!

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 11:10 PM
RoDu

Quote:

Many of us see this as a continuation from last year, starting at the end of the uber road trip from hell. 2006 has been a very bad under .500 year

Old
10-19-2006, 11:10 PM
flyersfan97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm in a Teacup View Post
I just realized we've only played 7 games...it feels like 3 months of agony has already gone by!
And think, we anxiously waited for this...this....this...crap since April.

flyersfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 11:21 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
You know something, I feel real sad. Without a shadow of a doubt, this is the most fragile team I've ever seen confidence wise. I'm not sure at this point what can be done to get these guys confidence back on track. What a sad, sad state right now.
I feel the same way. If they can somehow, someway, win a game and get a few goals, it'll go a long way to righting things. But it's a vicious circle right now. No wins, no confidence; no confidence, no wins.

Old
10-19-2006, 11:35 PM
Brad*

Quote:
See the thing i dont understand is that with this new NHL comes a new philosophy. Unfortunately Clark has not embraced this new philosophy and still remains stuck in the past.

Sure guys like Rahjte and that other pylon who's name escapes me are big and "physical" but they are just too slow for this new game.

A team like buffalo, which is all about speed (and cohesion..) killed Philly. They just cant keep up.

Philly used to be my second favourite team back in the day. I really liked their game and was pushing for them in the playoffs (last they were in it). But now...eeeesh. Something's gotta give.
It's not really speed. Besides Hatcher and Rathje (who is out,) the Flyers aren't that slow. Sure they're not the fastest, but there are a lot of teams slower than them. Heck, up front, some might even say they're pretty quick.

No, the problem is that they're just not any good. I've never seen a team so confused by the game of hockey. They have no direction. They have no smarts on the ice. No creativity. It's disgusting.

Brad* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 12:12 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 50
wow what a nice way to respond after getting annialated
at least it was a 5 goal improvement

Last edited by GoneFullHextall: 10-20-2006 at 12:36 AM.
GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 12:12 AM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
It's not really speed. Besides Hatcher and Rathje (who is out,) the Flyers aren't that slow. Sure they're not the fastest, but there are a lot of teams slower than them. Heck, up front, some might even say they're pretty quick.

No, the problem is that they're just not any good. I've never seen a team so confused by the game of hockey. They have no direction. They have no smarts on the ice. No creativity. It's disgusting.
Rathje played tonight. And sucked.

Old
10-20-2006, 12:18 AM
RoDu

Guess what boys and girls? We play again tomorrow!! Whopp de doo!! Maybe we'll get lucky and face Eddie the Eagle

Old
10-20-2006, 12:22 AM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodu View Post
Guess what boys and girls? We play again tomorrow!! Whopp de doo!! Maybe we'll get lucky and face Eddie the Eagle
Yeah and with any luck Bertuzzi will put up a 6-spot on us and Eddie the Fragile will look like a 25 year old Eddie the Eagle again.

Old
10-20-2006, 12:33 AM
johnnyrodz

I'm just in utter shock that a team with Peter Forsberg acutally might miss the playoffs---disgusting!

Clarke must go.....he's the guy who didn't do S**t in the off season. Signing marginal players and not improving the defense. He's an outdated GM whos time has passed..........bring out the chopping block Snider!

johnnyrodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 12:51 AM
BringBackStevens

well, picard looked awesome

thats about all i have to say right now

BringBackStevens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 04:20 AM
Nordic*

How about if everyone in here just ignores their next game, not creating a GDT-thread, not talking about it in advance, not during, and only afterwords if they win.

That´s a reversed jinx!

Nordic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 07:40 AM
jb**

the thing that I dont like is that there is not 1 player who will go balistic and try to put the others players in their place and call them out. They still seem all "well it will get better" attitude. On a positive note Picard played very well, Ruzicka played well and Eager did what he was supposed to as well. I would never have thought this team would struggle to score. the next 10 games will dictate what happens.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 08:45 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Since I missed the game last night, can someone fill me in on how bad it was? Sorry I don't think I have the time to read 7 pages worth of forum posts.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 09:03 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight25 View Post
Since I missed the game last night, can someone fill me in on how bad it was? Sorry I don't think I have the time to read 7 pages worth of forum posts.
Let's see...
- Forsberg - sprained wrist early in the 1st, didn't return
- Picard and Ruzicka looked really good
- Eager tried to fight. Wasn't much of a fight, but he got 2,5,10 anyways
- Hatcher looked like... well... Hatcher
- Gauthier looked like... well....Hatcher
- Nitty made some great saves, and was hung out to dry by the D the rest of the time
- Lots of chances, no finish
- Kapanen scored SH with about 4 minutes left in the game

Old
10-20-2006, 09:21 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

I think the losing is accredited most to the team not scoring. We've always been an offensive minded team, and that's why we would win, or defense would get it up to our offense and let them do the work. Since we're not scoring, we're focusing more on our horrible defense and we're losing.

They really need to learn to finish. Jeez we spend $5 million on Gagne and he's not scoring anymore? ***.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 09:39 AM
DXFlyers

I think Umberger is getting worst every game he plays. He is nowhere with the puck and he is I believe the lasiest winger to play defense on this team. He just waits at the blueline or just stand there and just looks at the guy scoring a goal in front of his eyes.

DXFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 09:51 AM
TOCxNJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXFlyers View Post
I think Umberger is getting worst every game he plays. He is nowhere with the puck and he is I believe the lasiest winger to play defense on this team. He just waits at the blueline or just stand there and just looks at the guy scoring a goal in front of his eyes.
what i dont understand is that Umberger is a big dude but he plays like he has a glass jaw. if he would just become confident in his size and strength i think he could be a pretty feared forward. he is always on and off with the puck too, at the end of last year i thought he was getting a lot better.

unfortunately, i was only able to watch the first period last night...besides scoring, did the flyers at least play a physical game at all to maybe send these guys a message for next time? i saw that eager only registered one hit. i love that guy andhopefully he'll remain on the team.

TOCxNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 10:13 AM
bennysflyers16

Gags looks like he has quit,
Richards is trying way too hard
Knuble looke HORRIBLE !!!!!!!
Pits gave the puck away more than I could count.
Sanderson looks good
If Umberger hit that open net when the puck bounced over his stick, that game could have went a new way.

We looked good for the 1st period but after that we stunk.

Fire Hitch, Make Stevens the Head coach, he coached most of the youngsters, and hire PRims as the assistant to kick these guys *****.

Our forwads are plenty fast enough for the NEW NHL, we just need to get it going, it is only 7 games in. We do have more goals then the Sens

I wish we had JR in that locker room right now.

bennysflyers16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 11:05 AM
Broad st phantom

I hate this team.

Broad st phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 12:51 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Eager's one tough mofo. Just look at his projection, if you don't believe me.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/...ame=nhl-flyers

Roger's Pancreas* is offline   Reply With Quote