HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

The next 7 days

Old
10-20-2006, 11:52 AM
facts

vCash: 500
The next 7 days

For the sake of the rumours and anticipation, lets dabble into the next week following tonights game. It is rather obvious that this team wiil return home to practice rather hard over the next few days but what are going to be the changes. I don't think it matters what happens tonight win or lose but the hammer is going to fall on Hitch. Can't fire the team so he is on the line. Stevens will replace him and I am OK with that. Young unexperienced, much like the forwards, so lets get that going.
Unless one is included in a deal no goalies will be going. Nitty injury is a concern for us and for potential suitors and Esche well, lets be honest after tonight he will be at rock bottom also.
Aside from Pitkanen on defense help yourself,nobody is really going to be desired and picks won't help us this years so we are stcuk with this mess.
Forwards- I'll bet Knuble is gone, not my choice but he has the right deal and would be a good fit for most- say Detroit or Edmonton- he could possibly bring in some defensive help.
And I know this will make people crazy but a dream trade is Mike Richards and Alex Picard for Smid and Anahiem 1st to Edmonton. Meets our needs as well as theirs. i love Richards but he is the only substance that teams want. Anyone else have a 7 day outline please discuss.

facts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 12:19 PM
tsquad

I could see Umberger go, maybe even Carter if things got desperate, but not Richards. I have faith in Snider though, and doubt any of these three will be moved.

We have the talent, look at the roster..we just need someone who knows how to use it. ie not Hitch

tsquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 12:32 PM
Lab Monkey

we WILL NOT trade Carter/Pitkanen/Richards this is obvious, anyone who thinks we will are crazy. This team traded its youth for years, its about time we let them develop into the stars they are!

Lab Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 01:06 PM
FlyersFanJS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsquad View Post
I could see Umberger go, maybe even Carter if things got desperate, but not Richards. I have faith in Snider though, and doubt any of these three will be moved.

We have the talent, look at the roster..we just need someone who knows how to use it. ie not Hitch
i agree that umberger MAY be moveable, but def not richards, carter, or pitkanen

FlyersFanJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 02:00 PM
ArchieIsGod

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFanJS View Post
i agree that umberger MAY be moveable, but def not richards, carter, or pitkanen
umberger cant be moved...i still havent perfected my RJ Umburger

ArchieIsGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 02:14 PM
jfc64

I think we shall overpay to get Niklas Kronwall, say Carter, a prospect other than Picard or Ruzicka and a firstrounder etc. He will make Hatcher much better and offset his nonmobility. Also get rid of either Gauthier OR Rathje, if possible. Jansson is not a saviour, but will make a 6th or 7th d-man with potential.

Last, didn't a worse Philadelphia team than this one go undefeated for a month last season?

Gagne-Forsberg-Knuble...
Calder-Richards-Ruzicka...
Sanderson-Umberger-Kapanen...
Eager-Robitaille-Kane...

Pitkänen-Rathje...
Meyer-Gauthier...
Hatcher-Kronwall
Picard-Jansson...

Neaty
Annie (Esche)

jfc64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 02:31 PM
ArchieIsGod

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfc64 View Post
I think we shall overpay to get Niklas Kronwall, say Carter, a prospect other than Picard or Ruzicka and a firstrounder etc. He will make Hatcher much better and offset his nonmobility. Also get rid of either Gauthier OR Rathje, if possible. Jansson is not a saviour, but will make a 6th or 7th d-man with potential.

Last, didn't a worse Philadelphia team than this one go undefeated for a month last season?

Gagne-Forsberg-Knuble...
Calder-Richards-Ruzicka...
Sanderson-Umberger-Kapanen...
Eager-Robitaille-Kane...

Pitkänen-Rathje...
Meyer-Gauthier...
Hatcher-Kronwall
Picard-Jansson...

Neaty
Annie (Esche)
you honestly think we would have to give up carter a first and a prospect for kronwall

ArchieIsGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 06:02 PM
jfc64

At least Carter, Potulny, and a secondrounder, in desperation. Kronwall was best defenseman in the Worlds lately. Why would Wings agree to this? Lidström might be around for a few more years.

Old
10-20-2006, 06:04 PM
jfc64

But on the other hand, Avs (with Forsberg) were 0-6 in games a few years ago. Never seen those eyes before though