HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Do You have Another Fav Team?

Closed Thread

Old
01-07-2004, 08:43 AM
hockeyaddict101

vCash: 500
Oiler fan for life

But I have a soft spot for the Canadians because they were the dynasty when I was young and the Oilers were not in the NHL yet.

Always been an Eskimo fan.

Old
01-07-2004, 08:57 AM
Digger12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
NFL: Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Bears!!!! Haven't had much too cheer about the past 10 or so years other than 2 or 3 playoff games.
Man, I feel for you. That hasn't been an easy team to cheer for since the post-Singletary days.

I kept track of them somewhat when Ditka was still around, but not much since.

Old
01-07-2004, 08:59 AM
Luoma

Swedish bikini team, for a few years now.

Old
01-07-2004, 09:00 AM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12
Man, I feel for you. That hasn't been an easy team to cheer for since the post-Singletary days.

I kept track of them somewhat when Ditka was still around, but not much since.
Last message in this thread I will post on the bears...

The worst part is they keep trying to recycle these brutal quarterbacks... guys like Chandler and Stewart.

I'd rather they give a 23 year old kid the job and watch him throw 30 interceptions than these over-paid clowns throw 20.

Old
01-07-2004, 09:06 AM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenchild
I'm a big college Hoops fan as well and have always hated the Dukies. Hated them during the late 80's in the Danny Ferry years, I really Despised the Christian Laetner teams (though I always liked Bobby Hurly) and even the recent teams with Brand and Battier I hated. Always loved watching games from Cameron Indoor on TV though best atmosphere in sports. I've been a Syracuse fan since late 80's , I loved Derrek Coleman in college and have stayed a Cuse fan since. Obviously thrilled with last years championship team led by Melo have a great shot again this year with Hakim, Edlin, Mcnamara and Pace.
Heh I can understand why.. Duke has always had a real "cocky" air to their team. Laetner was one of the greatest college b-ball players of all time and he definitely knew that fact. Syracuse looks pretty good this year despite the loss of Melo.. Warrick has some of the best footwork downlow I've seen from a big man in recent memory.. he seems to get to the basket from the three point line in two steps!

Old
01-07-2004, 09:10 AM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

well here goes for me
MLB Been a Blue Jays fan since the late eighties following the likes of steib, wells, fernandez etc

NFL I can relate to the trials and tribulations of being a Dolphins fan. Every year on paper this team should win but always manage to f@@@ up. What this team really needs is a quarterback.

NBA I dont follow religiously however occansionally I will watch the Pistons or the Raptors.

Last but not least I am also a big Eskimos fan as well.

Old
01-07-2004, 09:11 AM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

before I forget in college basketball I used to follow the UNLV Running Rebels until well you know the scandel now I like to watch Duke.

Old
01-07-2004, 11:37 AM
The Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabi_sultan
The Rage i wish we got that Russian owner instead of Chelsea.
Well, he wouldn't be able to buy players like in soccer, so it woudn't be quite as dramatic. However, I agree, I wish he was the Oiler's owner.

Old
01-07-2004, 12:36 PM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
it didnt matter all these teams looking to dump Jagr etc with their massive contracts he could have absorbed on his own.

oh and Bohologo, Al Fayed owns Fulham but have to agree he is a nutcase spending all this money and effort in England trying to get himself a UK passport

Old
01-07-2004, 03:47 PM
Bohologo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabi_sultan
Al Fayed owns Fulham but have to agree he is a nutcase spending all this money and effort in England trying to get himself a UK passport
Shamefully, I went to a Fulham-Sunderland game last season (impossible to get tix for a Gunners' game), and if that's what A-F can be expected to do with all his cash, let's hope he continues to blight Fulham & leave the Oil alone!

Old
01-07-2004, 03:55 PM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
i dont know boho that cash might be useful for the Oilers, perhaps LaForge can entice him by saying that they'll be able to get him Canadian citizenship if he invests x millions in the Oilers every year, kinda like a sponorship deal

Old
01-07-2004, 04:18 PM
zamboni

NHL - Habs and Canucks
CFL - Eskies
NFL - Packers
MLB - Jays

Old
01-07-2004, 05:22 PM
punk_o_holic

vCash: 50
MLB(Houston Astros)..follow them the most after the Oilers
NBA(Sac Kings) wont follow them about rumors and game talk but will watch them if they play on tv
NFL(Min Vikings) will watch them on tv but no messege board talk
CFL(Cal Stamps)same as above but will miss watching them on tv if there is something else to do
College(Duke and Oregon Ducks) dont follow them much but like to see them succeed.
Soccer(Juventus) dont follow them at all and dont care, not really a fan of theres but if i had to choose a team, it would be them
National Team(TEAM JAPAN)

Old
01-07-2004, 06:00 PM
Funkymoses

I bet everyone can guess my affiliation.

College Fball, Hockey, Bball : Michigan
NFL: Detroit, Denver, NE
NBA: Detroit
MLB: sucks.

Old
01-07-2004, 06:53 PM
Oi'll say!

NHL: Habs 'til '79/80, Habs/Oil 'til '81, now all Oil. HATE - Tor and NYR. I also watch the women's national team whenever they're on.

CFL:Eskies

MLB: Blue Jays fan pre-spending spree, I wasn't as much of a fan of the team that won the two championships. Now I just cheer for whoever is playing the Yankee$.

NFL: I like watching the odd game but I have no loyalty at all for any specific team. The whole "rain forest" thing from Monday Night Football was funny (peculiar) for about ten seconds, then Madden took it to the extreme and looked like a complete clown.

NBA: I did cartwheels when the Grizz left Van, I just have no use for that sport whatsoever. That was pre snet, and pre-center-ice, so I had no Oiler coverage out here at all. I had to wade through ten minutes of Grizzlies talk on the sports shows to see ten seconds of Oiler highlites.

World Cup soccer: Canada and Romania (not the slighest bit of Romanian blood in me, just a fan of Hagi and the teams he was on)

Boxing: I was a huge boxing fan - even went to quite a few live matches - but it is the worst sport in the world for judging. I once bet on Lewis to beat Holyfield in a championship bout and the guys whom I bet with paid me at the end of the 12th, no questions asked. Even after the fight was ruled a draw they still didn't want their money back it was so obvious who won. I can still watch the odd bout but IMO it's no more credible than wwf wrestling.

Old
01-07-2004, 07:26 PM
momentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkymoses
MLB: sucks.
Of course it does. No one would admit to being a Tiger fan at this point would they?

Old
01-07-2004, 08:00 PM
Vomiting Kermit*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanko
Fellow Pat's fan here also 25 years as a Pat's fan
Nice!

Among the gifts I got for Christmas, four of them were Patriots items:

1. Tom Brady authentic home jersey
2. Hat
3. Mini-helmet
4. Banner (for my room)

I can't wait until Saturday night at 6:15... Titans @ Pats.

And Dr. van Nostrin:

I'm surprised the Dolphins missed the playoffs this year. With the defense they had, it looked like they were a lock. Of course, this season wasn't nearly as bad as the last, when the wheels fell off in Week 17 @ NE.

My dad has been a big Dolphins fan for a long time (he has a Marino authentic white jersey; I'm not sure if that is home or away because the Dolphins don't seem to know either, lol). I know that my dad isn't a fan of Fiedler's, but maybe he's in the minority here, I dunno. What do you think of Jay?

Old
01-07-2004, 08:17 PM
kruezer

Well,

In hockey I must say I'm a big Flames fan, but I won't get into that

I'm a big fan of the Minny Timberwolves in BBall, Garnett is far and away my favourite NBAer

In baseball I really like the Florida Marlins and (don't laugh) my fav player in MLB is actually Preston Wilson, go figure.

I really just started following NFL more often about 4 years ago, I'm not a huge fan of anyone yet, but the Colts are my fav, they could be on a higher level if I followed it more probably.

Other than that I'm a big fan of Aberdeen in the Scottish premier league (gotta represent the former hometown) the years are lean lately, but there's always hope, I'm a Flame fan after all.

Old
01-08-2004, 05:30 AM
Funkymoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by momentai
Of course it does. No one would admit to being a Tiger fan at this point would they?
i plead "never came back after the strike"... I mean, I have the DETROIT LIONS on my list. I am not averse to backing perennial awful losers.

Old
01-08-2004, 05:47 AM
Digger12

Quote:
i plead "never came back after the strike"... I mean, I have the DETROIT LIONS on my list. I am not averse to backing perennial awful losers.
So when I say the words 'Barry Sanders', what's the reaction?

Old
01-08-2004, 07:16 AM
goldenchild

Quote:
I don't think the Lions are that far off from becoming a competitive team. On Defence their D-Line was very good this year, good group of young LB's especially Boss Baily the Sec needs help but overall they should be ok. On offence Harrington and Rogers can be real special they need to find a running game but I wouldn't be surprised to see Mooch get that team to 8-8 or 9-7 depending on their draft, similar to what the Bengals did this year. It would help if they fired Millen and made Mooch president as well but it doesn't look like anything Millen does can get him fired.

Old
01-08-2004, 08:44 AM
Funkymoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12
So when I say the words 'Barry Sanders', what's the reaction?
weird guy, a little mad at him I guess, but nothing soul destroying or anything... now, Chris Webber I'd flay alive.

goldenchild: If the Lions can find secondary players other than Bly, and recievers who are not crippled retards, and a running back, they'll be OK.

Closed Thread