HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

SS 15 for AK 46?

Old
10-20-2006, 06:23 PM
habsfan89

vCash: 500
SS 15 for AK 46?

seriously i am very disapointed with samsonov game. even if he want to and he do, he is very useless on the ice i would prefer to get kostitsyn out of the AHL and show everybody that this kid can reach his very high potential. I would give sammy 15 other games and if he still play like this lets get kosti in the line up, i'm sure he can do better in the nhl that he is doing in the ahl.

The only thing i don't know is if anybody in the NHL would want sammy? and who would we put on the second line pere or kosti ? But maybe sammy will wake up and put up some points on the board, i hope so.

P.S: we don't need highlight reel stuff we need to win and thats it.

habsfan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 06:43 PM
Koivu2001

vCash: 350
the team is playing well and were winning, I think that we should give a couple more games to samsonov. Kosty will have his chance soon and I hope that he's in the same line with Kovalev, he could teach him a lot

Koivu2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 06:55 PM
Mike8

Samsonov on the second line is being used incorrectly. Use Samsonov properly, and I think we'd be pleased with the results.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 07:04 PM
Habitant#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
Samsonov on the second line is being used incorrectly. Use Samsonov properly, and I think we'd be pleased with the results.
And how do you do that?

Habitant#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 07:06 PM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant#1 View Post
And how do you do that?
In my opinion (and apparently, Carbonneau's as well), swap Samsonov and Perezhogin.

Samsonov's a puck-carrier. Putting him on a line with another puck-carrier leads to problems. Puck carriers need to play with complementary players, or at least players that know how to support puck carriers; something neither Samsonov nor Kovalev can do.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 07:20 PM
GSK*

Quote:
In my opinion (and apparently, Carbonneau's as well), swap Samsonov and Perezhogin.

Samsonov's a puck-carrier. Putting him on a line with another puck-carrier leads to problems. Puck carriers need to play with complementary players, or at least players that know how to support puck carriers; something neither Samsonov nor Kovalev can do.
Agree.

And anyways, in Montreal second or third line, its nearly the same Ice time, so Samsonov is a better puck carrier then Perezhogin and Perezzhogin got a better "scoring-touch" potential then Samsonov.

If Samsonov have great ice time and Bonk still played well, and Johnson knows how to play with every players... It would be cool, give him PP time, but not on the same unit as Kovalev.

GSK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 07:25 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan89 View Post
seriously i am very disapointed with samsonov game. even if he want to and he do, he is very useless on the ice i would prefer to get kostitsyn out of the AHL and show everybody that this kid can reach his very high potential. I would give sammy 15 other games and if he still play like this lets get kosti in the line up, i'm sure he can do better in the nhl that he is doing in the ahl.

The only thing i don't know is if anybody in the NHL would want sammy? and who would we put on the second line pere or kosti ? But maybe sammy will wake up and put up some points on the board, i hope so.

P.S: we don't need highlight reel stuff we need to win and thats it.
How is Kost doing in the AHL?

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 07:25 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Kotstitsyn deserves to be in the line-up and Samsonov deserves to watch from the press-box.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 07:29 PM
GSK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshiro View Post
How is Kost doing in the AHL?
1 points in 3 games...

So far its the same production as Samsonov, but Sammy is in the NHL...

CALM DOWN WANNA BE FANS!

GSK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 10:20 PM
DieHardHabs

Quote:

yes!! i have been sayin that since game 1 of the season....i hope they try that out soon!!

DieHardHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 10:35 PM
Slick Nick

We need to patient with Samsonov. I also swear in my living room when I see him lose the puck in the neutral zone, but I know he can be dominating at times. I'm a little dispapointed that Carbo dosen't try Sammy on third for a few games, but at the same time if this line can play like in pre-seaon these boards will go nuts.

As for Kostitsyn, I feel he could bring more than Lats to the 4th line..I agree a 4th line isin't his place, but he's getting better defensivly and could be more of a threat. Also would like to see Lapiere or Ferland instaed of Murray who's prtty bad this year.

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 10:42 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:

I hope you're right

But to me, even when sammy has the puck, I'm thinking that its just a matter of time that he's going to turn it over. He turns the puck over by trying to make a low percentage play way too much. I hope he doesn't hurt bonk and johnson defensively. I cant believe I'm saying this but I thought perez did a nice job in his own end with this line.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 10:43 PM
Dr_Hook

Man, we're only 6 games in and I've already grown tired of the "bring in Kostitsyn" outcries...

He still hasn't done squat in the AHL and he's the solution to our NHL second line shortcomings ?

Dr_Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2006, 07:32 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Hook View Post
Man, we're only 6 games in and I've already grown tired of the "bring in Kostitsyn" outcries...

He still hasn't done squat in the AHL and he's the solution to our NHL second line shortcomings ?
Kotstitsyn is the best player on our farm team.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2006, 09:31 AM
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSK View Post
1 points in 3 games...

So far its the same production as Samsonov, but Sammy is in the NHL...

CALM DOWN WANNA BE FANS!
The only difference being that Kostitsyn doesn't turn the puck over every two seconds in Hamilton. He actually made more than one good play this season (unlike Sammy), but it just didn't become goals.

Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2006, 03:12 PM
Dr_Hook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
The only difference being that Kostitsyn doesn't turn the puck over every two seconds in Hamilton. He actually made more than one good play this season (unlike Sammy), but it just didn't become goals.
euh...no; the only difference is one is in the NHL and has been for a long time and the other is still an underachieving AHLer. Want to put Sammy in the AHL, see if he turns the puck over that much ?

Old
10-21-2006, 03:20 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Hook View Post
euh...no; the only difference is one is in the NHL and has been for a long time and the other is still an underachieving AHLer. Want to put Sammy in the AHL, see if he turns the puck over that much ?
What about one if hotter than the other I don't care which league he's playing in. While Boston and Edmonton were happy to get rid of him, especially Edmonton, they might know something we don't.

Tons of people keep saying Lats game is better suited for the NHL, why couldn't it be the same for Kosty. You saw in last night's game, Kosty could dominate but has trouble finding people who can actually follow him. Don't you think Kovy could be able to do that? Does Kosty knows Pleks game as well? Yes I would take any best player of my farm team instead of a struggling NHL player......As far as I'm concerned, I would take Lapierre and Ferland over this incredible acquisition Gainey made last year, Murray, even if Ferland is not the best with the Dogs and even if Murray plays in the NHL.......

It's all about Chemistry and we need to do everything we can to find it if things are not going better. I personnally would make my mind after 10 games, hope Carbo is not too patient, in a league like we have now, every point is important.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2006, 04:16 PM
Habruti!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
What about one if hotter than the other I don't care which league he's playing in. While Boston and Edmonton were happy to get rid of him, especially Edmonton, they might know something we don't.

Tons of people keep saying Lats game is better suited for the NHL, why couldn't it be the same for Kosty. You saw in last night's game, Kosty could dominate but has trouble finding people who can actually follow him. Don't you think Kovy could be able to do that? Does Kosty knows Pleks game as well? Yes I would take any best player of my farm team instead of a struggling NHL player......As far as I'm concerned, I would take Lapierre and Ferland over this incredible acquisition Gainey made last year, Murray, even if Ferland is not the best with the Dogs and even if Murray plays in the NHL.......

It's all about Chemistry and we need to do everything we can to find it if things are not going better. I personnally would make my mind after 10 games, hope Carbo is not too patient, in a league like we have now, every point is important.

Sort of reminds me of other experiences with similar (yet less talented) preimeter players ala S. Berezyn, M. Czerkowsky or Donald Audette. I think we would be better off without him. Kostitsyn or Latendresse would IMO fill the gap nicely on the second line.

Habruti! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2006, 05:56 PM
Dr_Hook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post

I wanna make one thing clear: I wasn't defending Samsonov: I'm not a fan of his, did not like the signing and dislike it still. But we have signed him, for 2 years that is; and to throw in the towel after 6 games wouldn't be constructive in my mind.

As for Kostitsyn, I certainly disagree that he dominated last night. Gave us what he usually does: flashes of brilliance plus a whole lot of floating around. Would he be the guy to complement Kovalev ? I certainly don't think so (in fact, I don't think he's ready for the NHL in any role); it's another case of guys being better when they have the puck. If we wanna try a youngster there, why not Lats ?

Last edited by Dr_Hook: 10-21-2006 at 07:03 PM.