HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Jackman's Season Over?

Closed Thread

Old
01-07-2004, 01:10 PM
Nas_Bert_Morr*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by degroat
News Flash: Bertuzzi had a whole FOUR points in 7 games vs. the Blues in the playoffs.

Doesn't quite support your claim that the Blues' defensemen crumble, now does it?

Next time I'd at least take 20 seconds to look up the numbers before running your mouth.
I'm talking about crumbling physically, not in a hockey sense. You want me to support this? How about Al Macinnis' shoulder injury, when he tried to force himself back and like the wise player Blues fans claim he is, only wound up hurting his team. How about Chris Pronger's one on one battles with Bertuzzi that he could never win unless he slashed Bertuzzi's hands like a true tough guy. How about Barrett Jackman's injury the one time Bertuzzi decided to lay him out. Oh wait, there were other times Bertuzzi decided to try Jackmans approach of not focusing on hockey. When he did that, he would always lay Jackman out, and leave Jackman heading to the bench woozy. Bertuzzi is physically the Shaquille O'Neal of the NHL. You saying you can't wait for him to get hurt because it will be funny is shooting yourself in the foot. You seem hell bent on no bad word ever being spoken on any Blues player. If this is true, one would think that it would be unwise for you to bring up the fact that it will be humorous for Bertuzzi to get hurt.

Old
01-07-2004, 01:25 PM
Thalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by shveik
That's why power forward types do not last long or regularly play 50-60 games a season.
Bertuzzi hasn't actually been playing like a power forward this season... rumour has it that he's saving himself for the playoffs... specifically for a 'Nucks/Blues matchup.

Old
01-07-2004, 01:31 PM
degroat*

LOL.

What is unwise is attempting to participate in any discussion with you. In your last three posts you have done nothing but fabricate stories in an attempt to make the Blues look bad and to make Bertuzzi look like some sort of God.

If you want to believe that Jackman has left the ice woozy because of a Bertuzzi hit, then you go ahead. It hasn't happened.

If you want to believe that Bertuzzi owns Pronger. You go ahead. It's not true.

Good try though.

Old
01-07-2004, 06:42 PM
dakota

Quote:
LOL.

What is unwise is attempting to participate in any discussion with you. In your last three posts you have done nothing but fabricate stories in an attempt to make the Blues look bad and to make Bertuzzi look like some sort of God.

If you want to believe that Jackman has left the ice woozy because of a Bertuzzi hit, then you go ahead. It hasn't happened.

If you want to believe that Bertuzzi owns Pronger. You go ahead. It's not true.

Good try though.
Calm down its not a big deal... cant we all just get along.

But I do have that hit on my PVR (like a TIVO). That hit DOES leave Jackman woosy... in fact he goes off holding his wrist and his shoulder is slumped.... he just leaves the ice and goes right to the trainers room... that hit did hurt... just look at the replays. Jackman is tough though he did not whine or lye on the ice... ill give him that... the funny part was Pronger going after Bertuzzi right after that giving the canucks a power play and winning the game with less than 7 minutes left. And the article even stats that he has not been the same since the hit... and it is the shoulder Bertuzzi crushed.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=67034

I dont think Bertuzzi owns Pronger either but it is one of the great matchups in the NHL to watch. I dont wish injuries on anyone either... dont be angry with the Canuck players over some of there crazy fans.

Old
01-07-2004, 06:43 PM
puckyou21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nas_Bert_Morr
I'm talking about crumbling physically, not in a hockey sense. You want me to support this? How about Al Macinnis' shoulder injury, when he tried to force himself back and like the wise player Blues fans claim he is, only wound up hurting his team. How about Chris Pronger's one on one battles with Bertuzzi that he could never win unless he slashed Bertuzzi's hands like a true tough guy. How about Barrett Jackman's injury the one time Bertuzzi decided to lay him out. Oh wait, there were other times Bertuzzi decided to try Jackmans approach of not focusing on hockey. When he did that, he would always lay Jackman out, and leave Jackman heading to the bench woozy. Bertuzzi is physically the Shaquille O'Neal of the NHL. You saying you can't wait for him to get hurt because it will be funny is shooting yourself in the foot. You seem hell bent on no bad word ever being spoken on any Blues player. If this is true, one would think that it would be unwise for you to bring up the fact that it will be humorous for Bertuzzi to get hurt.
I honestly laughed when I read that.

So Bertuzzi is God and the Blues are nothing more than mindless thugs? C'mon bud, lets talk a bit of sense, huh?

Old
01-07-2004, 06:56 PM
Nas_Bert_Morr*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota

dont be angry with the Canuck players over some of there crazy fans.
Yeah, don't hate the Canucks because I am insane.

Old
01-08-2004, 06:07 AM
degroat*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota
Calm down its not a big deal... cant we all just get along.

But I do have that hit on my PVR (like a TIVO). That hit DOES leave Jackman woosy... in fact he goes off holding his wrist and his shoulder is slumped.... he just leaves the ice and goes right to the trainers room... that hit did hurt... just look at the replays. Jackman is tough though he did not whine or lye on the ice... ill give him that... the funny part was Pronger going after Bertuzzi right after that giving the canucks a power play and winning the game with less than 7 minutes left. And the article even stats that he has not been the same since the hit... and it is the shoulder Bertuzzi crushed.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=67034

I dont think Bertuzzi owns Pronger either but it is one of the great matchups in the NHL to watch. I dont wish injuries on anyone either... dont be angry with the Canuck players over some of there crazy fans.
That hit left Jackman with a seperate shoulder.

That's different than woozy.

Old
01-08-2004, 06:11 AM
Nas_Bert_Morr*

Quote:
That hit left Jackman with a seperate shoulder.

That's different than woozy.
Whatever. The point is not that he was or wasn't woozy. The point is that he is not playing this year and Bertuzzi is.

Old
01-08-2004, 06:13 AM
degroat*

Actually, what you said was:

"When he did that, he would always lay Jackman out, and leave Jackman heading to the bench woozy."

Not only did you claim it happened once, you claimed it happened 'always'.

It didn't even happen once.

Keep fabricating...

Old
01-08-2004, 07:09 AM
Reign Nateo

Quote:
The reports say that it's the other shoulder, not the one that was injured in that hit.
It's definatley the same shoulder, as it was re-injured when he tried to come back. From what I have read.

Old
01-08-2004, 07:24 AM
degroat*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo
It's definatley the same shoulder, as it was re-injured when he tried to come back. From what I have read.
Both shoulders had previous been injured so either one could have been re-injured.

Old
01-08-2004, 07:33 AM
Thalia

Quote:
Both shoulders had previous been injured so either one could have been re-injured.
What difference does it make 'which' shoulder is injured... point is... his season is over.

Or would you feel better about things if it were the shoulder that Bertuzzi didn't injure b/c that's the impression that I'm getting with your several references to the other shoulder.

Old
01-08-2004, 07:39 AM
degroat*

I'd feel better if it were the other should because I don't want him to have two cronically bad shoulders.

I appreciate your concern with how I feel.

Old
01-08-2004, 08:28 AM
Usual Suspect

Blues Defenseman Barret Jackman
Sidelined For Remainder Of The Season

St. Louis, MO, Jan. 8, 2004 - Senior Vice President and General Manager Larry Pleau announced today that defenseman Barret Jackman will be sidelined for the remainder of the season.

Jackman was reexamined by the Blues' team physician Dr. Rick Wright, of Barnes Jewish Hospital yesterday and the examination revealed that Jackman suffered a dislocation of his left shoulder. Surgery will be scheduled at a later date to repair the injured shoulder and Jackman will miss the remainder of the season.

Jackman re-injured the shoulder during the first period in Monday's game versus Minnesota.

http://www.stlblues.com/index.html

Oops. Didn't notice the official thread. My bad.

Old
01-08-2004, 08:55 AM
Burke's Evil Spirit

Let the Hamrlik to St. Louis rumours begin.

As I understand it, it was Bertuzzi's hit that started a string of nagging shoulder problems for Jackman. What's interesting is that both Jackman and Bertuzzi say he let up on the hit, so I would guess that whatever problems he had were there beforehand.

Closed Thread