HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Tallon needs to turn over this defense ASAP...

Old
10-15-2006, 10:19 PM
who_me?

vCash: 500
Tallon needs to turn over this defense ASAP...

... just as he did the offense this off-season.

I mean, Tallon basically got rid of Ellison, Bell and Calder for Sharp, Havlat and Handzus. If the Hawks still had the first trio instead of the latter, this team would be 0-4 instead of 2-2 this season. For you Hawks fan who were calling for Bell to be named captain (you know who you are), which trio would you rather still have? Yeah, I thought so.

Tallon did a good job of fixing the offense; he now needs to turn over the defense, starting with the young d-men.

Why? First, no one is gonna take Aucoin and Cullimore's contracts. Second, given the Hawks history of evaluating, drafting and developing players (look at Ellison, Bell, Calder, and even Ruutu), in a few years I bet Keith, Seabrook, and even Barker and Byfuglien will be disappointing even their most loyal supporters now -- just like Bell and Calder did -- and Ruutu is.

I mean, if you were Tallon, wouldn't you have at least tried to land Jack Johnson from Carolina for Keith, Seabrook, and/or Barker?

who_me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2006, 11:44 AM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

Calder never disappointed me...

Handzus is more useful to the Hawks situation but by no means do I think Philly lost that deal.

Crazy_Ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 12:41 PM
who_me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GagsIsDaMan View Post
Yeah let's wait untill Carter gets 40 + goals and wants a raise maybe we should get rid of him too...Gags has been in the top 3 flyers for the past 6 years or so.

Peolpe blame him for getting what the market dictated...I can't name many 40 + goals scorers for the flyers over the last decade but let's dump on the one guy who can finish...everyone goes through a slump. Yet nobody dumps on Carter who looks horrible right now, Richards who can't buy a goal, and Calder doesn't even look like he belongs in the NHL.

The whole team is playing horrible and the blame should be spread equally. Mind you it's like typical Flyer fans always over-reacting when we are only 7 games into the season.
Calder, the greatest to play along the boards Apparently Flyers fans see the real Calder.

And where is the hard-working Matt Ellison

Tallon fleeced Philly over Handzus for Calder, and he fleeced Ottawa/SJ over Havlat for Bell... Calder and Bell, the supposed future of the Hawks.

I wish Tallon would get the balls and pull the trigger on Keith or even Seabrook and some of the other d-prospects...and fleece some other GMs out there and UPGRADE the defense.

Last edited by who_me?: 10-20-2006 at 12:47 PM.
Old
10-20-2006, 01:22 PM
Wally112pac

Quote:
Originally Posted by who_me? View Post
I wish Tallon would get the balls and pull the trigger on Keith or even Seabrook and some of the other d-prospects...and fleece some other GMs out there and UPGRADE the defense.
With what cap room?

Wally112pac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 07:07 PM
who_me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally112pac View Post
With what cap room?
Tallon can make room. Carolina dumped Tverdovsky's contract when they traded away Johnson. Tallon needs to be creative as GM. He has the assets to make an interesting trade; he just needs to be willing to pull the trigger.

Old
10-20-2006, 08:10 PM
Wally112pac

Quote:
Tallon can make room. Carolina dumped Tverdovsky's contract when they traded away Johnson. Tallon needs to be creative as GM. He has the assets to make an interesting trade; he just needs to be willing to pull the trigger.
So you want the deal to look like this?

Seabrook
Cullimore
Richmond

for

Player X?

Old
10-20-2006, 11:46 PM
fullmetalninja

Moving Seabrook would be idiotic.

I'm still up in the air on Keith...

All of this is besides the point however, Aucion and Cullimore are the anchors out there.

-fullmetalninja

fullmetalninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 01:15 PM
who_me?

Quote:
So you want the deal to look like this?

Seabrook
Cullimore
Richmond

for

Player X?
You should know by now that the first d-man i would get rid of is Keith.

Look at Kukkonen's performance so far this season. Can you honestly say that Keith deserves more ice time (including PP) that Kukkonen? Even last year Kukkonen should've worn a Hawks sweater and played Keith's minutes. He already has more points than Keith, Vandermeer and Seabrook combined.

Keith doesn't even belong in the NHL. At least Vandermeer can fight. If traded to another team, he would be sent down to their farm team and never be heard from again. Look at Matt Ellison.

Old
10-22-2006, 02:12 PM
Wally112pac

Quote:
You should know by now that the first d-man i would get rid of is Keith.

Look at Kukkonen's performance so far this season. Can you honestly say that Keith deserves more ice time (including PP) that Kukkonen? Even last year Kukkonen should've worn a Hawks sweater and played Keith's minutes. He already has more points than Keith, Vandermeer and Seabrook combined.

Keith doesn't even belong in the NHL. At least Vandermeer can fight. If traded to another team, he would be sent down to their farm team and never be heard from again. Look at Matt Ellison.
You need to get a clue when it comes to Keith.

If you hate the player this much you'll never say anythin positive about him.

Old
10-22-2006, 03:28 PM
Stuy

Quote:
You need to get a clue when it comes to Keith.

If you hate the player this much you'll never say anythin positive about him.
Get a clue on what?

Keith is horrible. He's to small and can't out muscle anyone along the boards. He passes to the other team constantly. He cannot play defense. He never could. He was benched after the fourth goal last night. Even Yawmey and Tallon have had enough now.

10-22-2006, 06:05 PM
Wally112pac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirtzsucks View Post
Get a clue on what?

Keith is horrible. He's to small and can't out muscle anyone along the boards. He passes to the other team constantly. He cannot play defense. He never could. He was benched after the fourth goal last night. Even Yawmey and Tallon have had enough now.
You need to get a clue too i guess.

Everyone highlights the mistakes he makes. But in between he makes so many great plays. When that 1 mistake comes he gets typecast as cullimore's brother.

I'm actually gettin sick of Vandermeer myself.

Old
10-22-2006, 06:47 PM
Stuy

Quote:
You need to get a clue too i guess.

Everyone highlights the mistakes he makes. But in between he makes so many great plays. When that 1 mistake comes he gets typecast as cullimore's brother.

I'm actually gettin sick of Vandermeer myself.
you know why? His mistakes out way any plays he actually makes. He was a -2 last night and the night before. So far your the only one I hear taking nicely about him.

I'm sure he earned a trip to the press box Wed night.

Stuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2006, 03:55 PM
hawksfan50

Kukkonen is the best of the Hawks d-corps right now--Seabrook,partnering with Kukkonen is a solid pairing--I would say that Kukkonen is playing at the level of a #2 or #3 NHL D-man and Seabrook is at a #4 level--thus on an elite team they would be only a 2nd pairing anyway --Cullimore is worse than a 7th and doesn't belong in the "new NHL" ,Keith has NOT PROGRESSED from last season and may have REGRESSED --in any case he's no better than a 6th-7th d-man,Aucoin is playing at a 5th d-0man level and not worth the $4million avyear they are paying him ...thus overall this is not a good enough d-man crew ...IF Barker can come back and play at at least a #3 or #4 level that should still help AUCOIN out better than Cullimore or Richmond and provide a 2nd more or less solid pairing to add to Kukkonen-Seabrook....unfortunately that still leaves 2 # 6-7 d-men (Keith +Richmond ) which cannot work = both not big enough to handle low cycle game--
Bringing up Byfuglien would help both in the physical dept and offensively--but they need another vet d-man instead of partnering him with Keith or Richmond...though if they put BUF with Vandermeer --that should be physically good enough for a 3rd pairing (though Vandermeer is a #5-6 d-man only anyway)...

THUS--even if they did all this,they won't have a contender status #1-2 pair...Kuk-Seabrookwould be de-facto #1-2 pair (even though they are really a #2-4 level) thus it would be a 1C pair rather than a 1A pairing...Barker-Aucoin would be a de-facto 2C pair instead of a 2A pair (since they are probably a #3 and a #5 level) and Byfuglien Vandermeer would be a #3B pairing (both being legit #5-6 calibre) --I'm not sure either D. Keith or Richmond can handle a low cycle and not cost the Hawks goals--so they'll need someome else for 7th d-man unless they can upgrade to a vet better than Vandermeer to help the 3rd pairing--so that Vandermeer relegates to 7th d-man...and Richmond+Keith go back to the minors or are traded...

Last edited by hawksfan50: 10-23-2006 at 04:14 PM.
hawksfan50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 10:25 AM
who_me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight25 View Post
NHL.com just updated his photo.

another glowing thread about Kyle Calder from Flyers fans.

this guy isn't worth $500K let alone $3M

Last edited by who_me?: 10-31-2006 at 10:31 AM.