HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Hate it or Love It...

Old
10-20-2006, 07:15 PM
GSK*

vCash: 500
Hate it or Love It...

It doesn't matter at all, its just for fun, I was watching right now FLA-PHI and I was thinking about something, Its not a amazing proposal but but If you don't like at all for bashing the thread, please pass throught it and press back on your browser.

BTW, I know its impossible and that type of trade doesn't happens often.

Huet: 3.0m$
Samsonov: 3.5m$
Plekanec: 450K
Emelin: stay at home that would help PHI future at D.
Matt D'Agostini

*Gagne: 5.25m$
RJ Umberger: 1.05m$
Steve Downie
2nd rounder 2007

*For starting, I've not include Gagne because is a french-canadian, its only because I like that players, its true, he's not a 50 goals scorer, but people have to forget he is a really good 2-way players in the NHL. His 3 first NHL season was solid, with a good coaching staff we have, he's the type of players who'll fit well at Montreal. He's no doubt a 35 goals scorer and arround 65-75 points on a full season. He can play both Left Wing and Center.

Don't forget I'm not excepting anything, I got nothing wrong against Huet, Samsonov, Plekanec and Emelin (he's going to be a nice NHLer if he come over one day) etc. Its just for fun, I would like to have this line up:

Higgins-Koivu-Ryder
Perezhogin-Gagne-Kovalev
Latendresse-Umberger-Johnson
Begin-Bonk-Murray

I wait for see people bashing me...

Last edited by GSK*: 10-20-2006 at 07:37 PM.
GSK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 07:17 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Nope, I would not give up D'Agostini or Emelin.

Everyone is complaining that we don't have a stud on the blueline, Emelin will be a force.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 07:24 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
We would need to take Esche. I don't want that psycho on the team.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 07:26 PM
WeThreeKings

How about we trade all our prospects for nothing, that sounds logical to me.

Old
10-20-2006, 07:28 PM
GSK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
How about we trade all our prospects for nothing, that sounds logical to me.
2 prospects against one and a 2nd rounder...

Sorry dude if you don't know Downie, but he's value is a lot more then D'Agostini.

You have not reed the *****ing thread, I've said if you don't like it and make moron comments like that, PRESS BACK ON YOUR BROWSER... Already two dump and no good arguments replys.

Old
10-20-2006, 07:32 PM
Le Maroons

Gagne plays the wing, I don't know how realistic it is to have him be our 2nd line center. I think he was drafted a center but I don't know how well he would do there.

Le Maroons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 07:32 PM
F. Duchemin

Send a message via MSN to F. Duchemin
Quote:
Nope, I would not give up D'Agostini or Emelin.
cmon they are not top notch prospect. Emelin might never come here. Dont say never , it seem like they are savior.

Last edited by F. Duchemin: 10-20-2006 at 07:39 PM.
F. Duchemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 08:05 PM
WeThreeKings

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSK View Post

Sorry dude if you don't know Downie, but he's value is a lot more then D'Agostini.

You have not reed the *****ing thread, I've said if you don't like it and make moron comments like that, PRESS BACK ON YOUR BROWSER... Already two dump and no good arguments replys.
I know who Steve Downie is, and I also know who Gagne is, I know all these players and frankly, yes Steve Downie is a good prospect, but imo, he's not what this team needs. Gagne, yeah, right, without Forsberg he wouldn't be worth all that much.

D'Agostini is a leader, a fighter, can kill penalties, can set up goals and can score them. He's an asset to the special teams, he's like Higgins, do you want to tell me that Higgins doesn't have a lot of value?

And, you are probably the same person that cries that we have no good defensive prospects. Where Emelin is one of the best defensemen in Russia, was the best defencemen in the world Juniors, and is the kind of force on the back end that we need. And for those who said "Emelin might not come here", so, that's another argument against why the hell would this trade even be a possibility.

Old
10-20-2006, 08:17 PM
GSK*

What the hell are you talkin' about ?

We got Komisarek who's really young, David Fischer, O'Byrne, Carle and Korpikari.

And comparing D'Agostini to Higgins is directly insulting Higgins... Damn, he's far away from being Chris Higgins. He's a 6th rounder, he's really not the same as Chris Higgins, go learn hockey.

BTW the key players is Gagne and he got 2 goals tonight, the game is not finish yet, I'm still watching it, he's playing so well, his fifth of the season.AND NO those passes are not from Forsberg.

Old
10-20-2006, 08:29 PM
advantage2006

Im not sure,but I think your title needs "proposal" in it.

As for the trade,I dont like it from a Habs or flyers perspective.
As much as I would like Gagne,I can't see him connecting with kovalev any better than samsonov would.I dont mind giving up "Holy Huet",but not for Umberger.I think Huet can get more than Umberger.I doubt,that the Habs would throw in Mr.Pleks in the deal either with his cheap salary.
Also,why would the flyers wan't Huet when they would still have Nitti and Esche.I think(unforteunatly)you would have to throw Esche in to back up Aebi.Finally,Im sorry but Samsonov is a major downgrade for philly from Gagne.

The prospect part doesnt make sense for the Habs either.Montreal needs defensive prospects, so whats the point of giving up Emelin,even though Downie is great.Not to mention we have Grabovski,Chipchura,etc waiting in the wings for Centre.

In conclusion,a "NO" for both teams.

PS:Im not trying to bash just trying to make a point.

advantage2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 08:38 PM
GSK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by advantage2006 View Post
Im not sure,but I think your title needs "proposal" in it.

As for the trade,I dont like it from a Habs or flyers perspective.
As much as I would like Gagne,I can't see him connecting with kovalev any better than samsonov would.I dont mind giving up "Holy Huet",but not for Umberger.I think Huet can get more than Umberger.I doubt,that the Habs would throw in Mr.Pleks in the deal either with his cheap salary.
Also,why would the flyers wan't Huet when they would still have Nitti and Esche.I think(unforteunatly)you would have to throw Esche in to back up Aebi.Finally,Im sorry but Samsonov is a major downgrade for philly from Gagne.

The prospect part doesnt make sense for the Habs either.Montreal needs defensive prospects, so whats the point of giving up Emelin,even though Downie is great.Not to mention we have Grabovski,Chipchura,etc waiting in the wings for Centre.

In conclusion,a "NO" for both teams.

[b]PS:Im not trying to bash just trying to make a point.[b]
And I respect that type of anwser. Your point is good.

Old
10-20-2006, 08:43 PM
advantage2006

Also,this is not directly to u(GSK) but im tired of people labelling Alexei Emelin as a stay at home d-man.Im not sure how many know this,but he led all defenseman in scoring at the last world juniors.

In my opinion he could be as good if not better than GOD MARKOV.

Old
10-20-2006, 08:43 PM
advantage2006

Quote:
And I respect that type of anwser. Your point is good.
Thank-you

Old
10-20-2006, 09:07 PM
WeThreeKings

What's funny is you say how terrible D'Agostini is when, D'Agostini had a much better year last year than Steve Downie did. And, I'm insulting Higgins? No, I'm just making a comparison, Higgins is my favorite player, I wouldn't insult him.

All our defencemen that you mention coming up, well, sorry to break it to you, but none of them are as highly touted as Alexei Emelin. And Emelin is Kasparaitis with Markov's offensive ability combined with a Souray type shot. I don't know about you, but that's the kind of defensemen Montreal is missing. Take Emelin, D'Agostini, Plekanec, Downey and Umberger and make it it a straight Samsonov and Huet trade for Gagne and maybe you have something. But then again, Even Bobby the idiot Clarke wouldn't go for that.

Old
10-20-2006, 09:14 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:

Are you here complaining about how people respond to your posts? This is a free board and people can post whatever answer they want. Maybe you should stop posting if you cannot stand the heat.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 09:17 PM
WeThreeKings

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
Are you here complaining about how people respond to your posts? This is a free board and people can post whatever answer they want. Maybe you should stop posting if you cannot stand the heat.
Especially when the title of the thread actually demands to know people's opinion on the proposal.

Old
10-20-2006, 09:29 PM
Le Maroons

Quote:
Especially when the title of the thread actually demands to know people's opinion on the proposal.
For a guy who was expecting it, he sure got angry in a hurry.

Le Maroons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 09:30 PM
WeThreeKings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Maroons View Post
For a guy who was expecting it, he sure got angry in a hurry.
No kidding, I wonder who urinated in his Campbells Soup this afternoon.

Old
10-20-2006, 09:37 PM
GSK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
There so bad quality post... So yes, I like when my thread have no poster who didn't know sh|t about hockey.

Habs have the best heritage of the NHL and his the best IMO.

But for the "fans", its very not the same thing...

Old
10-20-2006, 09:38 PM
Nobak

I began typing a reply, but gave up when I realized it didn't say anything advantage2006 hasn't already said. I pretty much agree with what he said.

Nobak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 09:43 PM
WeThreeKings

Quote:
There so bad quality post... So yes, I like when my thread have no poster who didn't know sh|t about hockey.

Habs have the best heritage of the NHL and his the best IMO.

But for the "fans", its very not the same thing...
Yup, I know nothing about hockey. Apparently Korpikari and Carle are better defensive prospects than Emelin. Yeah, I forgot, being the best defenceman in the WJC is nothing, and being one of the top, if not the top, defenceman in the Russian Superleague, a tough league to play in, also means nothing. Yeah, I don't know anything about hockey.

How about Buffalo trades Afinogenov, Biron, Connoly and Roy for the same stretch of players.

You know why Buffalo wouldn't make that trade? Because they are the model of the new NHL, homegrown talent, developed and brought into your system. Not by trading away your future for players who's chemistry might not fit with the hockey club.

But then again, I don't know enough about hockey than to sit here and think up imaginary trades that involve selling the farm. So who do you scout for? Who are you the GM of? Oh, you're a spectator like me. I guess we're both pretty stupid by your standards.

Old
10-20-2006, 10:09 PM
DieHardHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobak View Post
I began typing a reply, but gave up when I realized it didn't say anything advantage2006 hasn't already said. I pretty much agree with what he said.
i second that, props for the proposal.. give the guy a break.. hes jus tryin to think of a way our team can get better..we all do it... not saying i agree with u ... i wouldnt wanna give that much for gange..is pretty much what we would be gettin .. downie hasnt proved anything yet... and emlin is def going to be bettrr than markov i think.. he is very offensive..but than again he didnt prove anything yet either.. dont even know if he will come play with us

DieHardHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 10:32 PM
advantage2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHardHabs View Post
i second that, props for the proposal.. give the guy a break.. hes jus tryin to think of a way our team can get better..we all do it... not saying i agree with u ... i wouldnt wanna give that much for gange..is pretty much what we would be gettin .. downie hasnt proved anything yet... and emlin is def going to be bettrr than markov i think.. he is very offensive..but than again he didnt prove anything yet either.. dont even know if he will come play with us
We can only hope that Emilin will smarten up and come to the best hockey league in the world.

Old
10-20-2006, 10:33 PM
GSK*

Quote:
Yup, I know nothing about hockey. Apparently Korpikari and Carle are better defensive prospects than Emelin. Yeah, I forgot, being the best defenceman in the WJC is nothing, and being one of the top, if not the top, defenceman in the Russian Superleague, a tough league to play in, also means nothing. Yeah, I don't know anything about hockey.

How about Buffalo trades Afinogenov, Biron, Connoly and Roy for the same stretch of players.

You know why Buffalo wouldn't make that trade? Because they are the model of the new NHL, homegrown talent, developed and brought into your system. Not by trading away your future for players who's chemistry might not fit with the hockey club.

But then again, I don't know enough about hockey than to sit here and think up imaginary trades that involve selling the farm. So who do you scout for? Who are you the GM of? Oh, you're a spectator like me. I guess we're both pretty stupid by your standards.
OMG, I've never said Carle was better then Emelin. IMO Emelin is our second best prospect at the D after Fischer.

But dude, you just make yourself ridiculous with the "bold" comments. Connolly his form NYI organisation, without Afinogenov its not Roy and Biron who's leading the team. They're leading by Briere who's begin has a Yotes for enough longer then Buffalo. Its not Martin Biron but Ryan Miller who's the goaltender number one of the team. You can add clutch player so good like Chris Drury who's Colorado franchise...

If only you have mentionned the name of Vanek, that would make more sense, but you're just a joke.

Old
10-20-2006, 10:43 PM
advantage2006

Quote:
OMG, I've never said Carle was better then Emelin. IMO Emelin is our second best prospect at the D after Fischer.
I dont agree with that(IMO)Emelin has alot more skill than fisher.Have you heard the comparisons,with Kasparitis+Souray combo.Not to mention when he get's up he might get to play with his russian friend Andrei "THE GOD" Markov.