HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Wellwood gets call to fill-in for Sundin.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-07-2004, 06:12 PM
  #26
Shawn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Under Your Skin
Posts: 672
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porn*
sweeet

I'm guessing niewendyk will be playing first line, Antropov 2nd. wellwood 3rd and stajan 4th ???

I think Stajan has earned third line center during all this. A kid line would be great to see though.

Shawn is offline  
Old
01-07-2004, 10:26 PM
  #27
Lobstertainment
Registered User
 
Lobstertainment's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,256
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Lobstertainment
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie
is this kind of bigotry allowed to go on here?

why does this have to somehow be connected to newfoundland?
Cause he plays in Newfoundland.

I was making fun of the Sterotype more then I was at acctual Newfoundlanders to be honest sorry if I offended you Frank.

Lobstertainment is offline  
Old
01-07-2004, 10:59 PM
  #28
Porn*
Registered User
 
Porn*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: In your nightmares
Country: Israel
Posts: 33,871
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Porn*
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJTOM
his Dog's a Newfy?


wont let up... thats great!!!

I heard his sister in laws third cousin twice removed was newfie!

Porn* is offline  
Old
01-07-2004, 11:03 PM
  #29
Porn*
Registered User
 
Porn*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: In your nightmares
Country: Israel
Posts: 33,871
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Porn*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn
I think Stajan has earned third line center during all this. A kid line would be great to see though.
Well... stajan is more physical then wellwood will be and is more of a two way forward. Hence i put him 4th line. not cause he didnt deserve it.

Porn* is offline  
Old
01-08-2004, 03:07 AM
  #30
Augustus
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Augustus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Roma in my soul.
Country: Italy
Posts: 12,946
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJTOM
what do we do if he dominates?
Standard quinn practice would be to send him down until he is 25 or trade him for a 38 year old defenseman.

I hope Wellwood gets at least ten minutes - given the injuries and Sundin situation, he shouldn't get less. And Ottawa is a good team for him to debut against.

Did Druken insult Quinn's wife while he was here? I am tired of hearing that we can't call him up because of waivers. Call him up and play him for a few weeks, then decide if he is as good as Perrott or Belak and can stay with the big boys.

Augustus is offline  
Old
01-08-2004, 07:33 AM
  #31
wendelissimo
Registered User
 
wendelissimo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Oakville, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 184
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to wendelissimo
Quote:
Originally Posted by exiled in Florida
Standard quinn practice would be to send him down until he is 25 or trade him for a 38 year old defenseman.

I hope Wellwood gets at least ten minutes - given the injuries and Sundin situation, he shouldn't get less. And Ottawa is a good team for him to debut against.

Did Druken insult Quinn's wife while he was here? I am tired of hearing that we can't call him up because of waivers. Call him up and play him for a few weeks, then decide if he is as good as Perrott or Belak and can stay with the big boys.
That was my first thought, but maybe they're showcasing Wellwood, or, they just want to give him a little NHL experience while the going is good.

wendelissimo is offline  
Old
01-08-2004, 08:27 AM
  #32
sluggo*
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,430
vCash: 500
Leafs Lunch reported that at practice today Wellwood was playing with Roberts and Renberg.

He should be on a scoring line, he's not a checker and wouldn't fit in with players like Belak or Perrott. The only problem I could forsee is that on that line really only Roberts is a finisher, but hopefully Wellwood will play well, if for no other reason it will increase his trade value.

sluggo* is offline  
Old
01-08-2004, 08:43 AM
  #33
TML_fan_4_life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 66
vCash: 500
Bad idea having Wellwood on the first line. He's never played in the nhl before, and throwing him in with the wolves might hurt him. He should center the fourth line and Joe should be the first line center because he has the offensive touch.

TML_fan_4_life is offline  
Old
01-08-2004, 09:15 AM
  #34
Doug Evinou
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Hamilton
Posts: 331
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TML_fan_4_life
Bad idea having Wellwood on the first line. He's never played in the nhl before, and throwing him in with the wolves might hurt him. He should center the fourth line and Joe should be the first line center because he has the offensive touch.
i think that if the leafs wanted a fourth line center, they would have re-called holden or gavey on an emergency basis....

with sundin out, the leafs are going to give wellwood an opportunity to play in an offensive role, for which he is best suited.

Doug Evinou is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:16 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.