HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rasmus Ristolainen (2013, 8th) – '14-15: Buffalo #55 (NHL) – 2015: Graduated

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-30-2013, 03:07 PM
  #26
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 64,669
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by haseoke39 View Post
Agreed. We don't take any big risks on with this pick, but we're getting a good top 4 guy who would've been available via other means. This isn't the kind of player you try to get to the top of the draft for.

I think the rebuild loses a little ground with this one.
Competition is not a bad thing.

__________________
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Aristotle
Chainshot is offline  
Old
06-30-2013, 03:09 PM
  #27
Sabre the Win
Sabre Die Hard
 
Sabre the Win's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,060
vCash: 500
I didn't realize that the Buffalo Sabres were so awesome on offense, I guess wingers aren't needed. Darcy talking about finding a franchise player. HE IS NOT IT.

Sabre the Win is offline  
Old
06-30-2013, 03:09 PM
  #28
Duddy
Everyday is
 
Duddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: Austria
Posts: 10,777
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by haseoke39 View Post
Agreed. We don't take any big risks on with this pick, but we're getting a good top 4 guy who would've been available via other means. This isn't the kind of player you try to get to the top of the draft for.

I think the rebuild loses a little ground with this one.
So they took a step back because they picked a guy who can man the blueline for the next 10 years?

how horrible.

Duddy is offline  
Old
06-30-2013, 03:14 PM
  #29
thefifagod
I'm The Survivor
 
thefifagod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,136
vCash: 500
Love every bit of the pick

thefifagod is offline  
Old
06-30-2013, 03:14 PM
  #30
Paxon
Moderator
⚔Z E M G U S⚔
 
Paxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Laurel, MD
Country: United States
Posts: 24,581
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsPoe View Post
I didn't realize that the Buffalo Sabres were so awesome on offense, I guess wingers aren't needed. Darcy talking about finding a franchise player. HE IS NOT IT.
Who was a franchise player? You realize he can provide offense right?

Paxon is offline  
Old
06-30-2013, 03:15 PM
  #31
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd
 
struckbyaparkedcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Upstate NY
Country: Cote DIvoire
Posts: 13,713
vCash: 500
He's the project Lindy wanted Myers to be.

struckbyaparkedcar is offline  
Old
06-30-2013, 03:16 PM
  #32
Zman5778
Registered User
 
Zman5778's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cressona/Reading, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,952
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Zman5778 Send a message via MSN to Zman5778 Send a message via Yahoo to Zman5778
Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
He's the project Lindy wanted Myers to be.
Very well worded. RR has the innate nastiness that we all want Myers to develop.

Zman5778 is offline  
Old
06-30-2013, 03:19 PM
  #33
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 64,669
vCash: 500
Awards:
He's going to go Rasmus on your ass.

Chainshot is offline  
Old
06-30-2013, 03:19 PM
  #34
nonoob12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 162
vCash: 500
he wants to play in NHL next season

nonoob12 is offline  
Old
06-30-2013, 03:20 PM
  #35
haseoke39
**** Cycle 4 Eichel
 
haseoke39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 9,711
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duddy View Post
So they took a step back because they picked a guy who can man the blueline for the next 10 years?

how horrible.
Mark Pysyk can man the blueline for the next ten years. Anybody can meet that standard. The question is can Risto lift the Sabres to the next level?

Young Robyn Regehr is not the guy you go for with a high pick when you're rebuilding.

And I say they took a step back only because of the number of teams who are definitely getting higher impact players than us. It's not like the Sabres improve and nobody else does.

haseoke39 is offline  
Old
06-30-2013, 03:20 PM
  #36
Lock3Boys
Registered User
 
Lock3Boys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: Ireland
Posts: 1,426
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
He's going to go Rasmus on your ass.


I know nothing about this kid, but your giddiness is making me excited.

Lock3Boys is offline  
Old
06-30-2013, 03:20 PM
  #37
Endless Ike
Registered User
 
Endless Ike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 1,085
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonoob12 View Post
he wants to play in NHL next season
So do I. lets see if either of us make it.

Endless Ike is offline  
Old
06-30-2013, 03:23 PM
  #38
pyroxen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 347
vCash: 500
Well

Myers - Ehrhoff
Ristolainen - Pysyk

Does not sound bad to me at all

pyroxen is offline  
Old
06-30-2013, 03:23 PM
  #39
Paxon
Moderator
⚔Z E M G U S⚔
 
Paxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Laurel, MD
Country: United States
Posts: 24,581
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by haseoke39 View Post
Mark Pysyk can man the blueline for the next ten years. Anybody can meet that standard. The question is can Risto lift the Sabres to the next level?

Young Robyn Regehr is not the guy you go for with a high pick when you're rebuilding.

And I say they took a step back only because of the number of teams who are definitely getting higher impact players than us. It's not like the Sabres improve and nobody else does.
He's not Robyn Regehr. He's also not Sidney Crosby... if Sidney Crosby himself can even lift a team to the next level.

Paxon is offline  
Old
06-30-2013, 03:25 PM
  #40
Karate Johnson*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,841
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haseoke39 View Post
Mark Pysyk can man the blueline for the next ten years. Anybody can meet that standard. The question is can Risto lift the Sabres to the next level?

Young Robyn Regehr is not the guy you go for with a high pick when you're rebuilding.
Clearly we didn't have a high enough pick to draft the impact player you're looking for.

It's not like we drafted him 3rd and passed on Droiun and Jones


8th is not the pick to draft lock top end talent.

Karate Johnson* is offline  
Old
06-30-2013, 03:26 PM
  #41
Jamie Walker
Registered User
 
Jamie Walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Hamilton, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Let me say again... love this pick.
if Chain says it's good, i gotta concur (i think he's the next KB)... now what at 16?

Jamie Walker is offline  
Old
06-30-2013, 03:26 PM
  #42
sabresfan129103
So it begins...
 
sabresfan129103's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Amherst, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,772
vCash: 500
Does he have to do military service?

sabresfan129103 is offline  
Old
06-30-2013, 03:26 PM
  #43
Zman5778
Registered User
 
Zman5778's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cressona/Reading, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,952
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Zman5778 Send a message via MSN to Zman5778 Send a message via Yahoo to Zman5778
http://insider.espn.go.com/nhl/story...layer-analysis

Quote:
The Sabres get a hulking D-man with true grit and a big-time shot from the point. He plays the game with a nasty edge and I think he'll grows more into his big body. His skating needs a slight improvement. He is the type of player you can build around and the Sabres are in need of building blocks. -- Sonier

Zman5778 is offline  
Old
06-30-2013, 03:27 PM
  #44
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks
 
Rivet52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,833
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Not familiar with Ristolainen. I'll take all of your words that he's a good pick for us. Another right-handed shot. Of course I'm hoping Myers still finds himself and we have Pysyk too. I like the fact Ristolainen seems to play hard and has a hard shot. Have to love his size too. Now we have prospects on defense like Ristolainen, McNabb, Pysyk, and McCabe to go along with Myers, Ehrhoff, Sekera, and Weber on the roster in the future. Not too shabby. Could still move Sekera.

I kind of wanted Nichushkin, I won't lie.


Last edited by Rivet52: 06-30-2013 at 03:33 PM.
Rivet52 is offline  
Old
06-30-2013, 03:27 PM
  #45
Myllz
#justbogothings
 
Myllz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Seattle
Country: United States
Posts: 17,054
vCash: 500
Given how the board broke, he was the best pick available. I'm a fan.

Myllz is offline  
Old
06-30-2013, 03:28 PM
  #46
Paxon
Moderator
⚔Z E M G U S⚔
 
Paxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Laurel, MD
Country: United States
Posts: 24,581
vCash: 50
Big? Yes
Mean? Yes
Strong Defensively? Yes
Booming Slapper? Yes
Good Passer? Yes
Good Offensive Awareness? Yes

Sounds terrible to me... potential top pairing player, potential #1 defenseman.

Models game after: Shea Weber. Makes sense, right? He has the tools to play that style of game, whether as good as Weber or not, he has the tools. We were picking 8th overall and we weren't 'lucky' enough to have Lindholm or Monahan fall to us. What better option was there than the BPA and second-best defensive prospect? Nichushkin? Just you wait and see. If you guys who are complaining haven't seen Nichushkin play a few games do yourself a favor and do so, I can get you the links.

Paxon is offline  
Old
06-30-2013, 03:31 PM
  #47
BackGroundMusic
hoc quoque finiet
 
BackGroundMusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Germany
Posts: 25,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
Given how the board broke, he was the best pick available. I'm a fan.
Yep. I like the idea of having a Rasmus and a zemgus

BackGroundMusic is offline  
Old
06-30-2013, 03:31 PM
  #48
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 64,669
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Paxon View Post
Big? Yes
Mean? Yes
Strong Defensively? Yes
Booming Slapper? Yes
Good Passer? Yes
Good Offensive Awareness? Yes

Sounds terrible to me... potential top pairing player, potential #1 defenseman.

Models game after: Shea Weber. Makes sense, right? He has the tools to play that style of game, whether as good as Weber or not, he has the tools. We were picking 8th overall and we weren't 'lucky' enough to have Lindholm or Monahan fall to us. What better option was there than the BPA and second-best defensive prospect? Nichushkin? Just you wait and see. If you guys who are complaining haven't seen Nichushkin play a few games do yourself a favor and do so, I can get you the links.
Nicely put.

Chainshot is offline  
Old
06-30-2013, 03:32 PM
  #49
Sabre the Win
Sabre Die Hard
 
Sabre the Win's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,060
vCash: 500
15 points in 50 something games.. yeah huge blue liner and potential franchise player? Is this a joke?

Sabre the Win is offline  
Old
06-30-2013, 03:34 PM
  #50
Rasmus Reichel
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,000
vCash: 500
Should end up a top pairing defenseman, good pick

Rasmus Reichel is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:49 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.