Old
12-22-2003, 06:31 AM
Jeff Shafer
Established: 1987

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Jeff Shafer
Augusta

Can someone please give me some info on these players from Augusta

Gagnon, Dzieduszycki, Kelman, and Jacina?

thanks

Old
12-23-2003, 07:19 PM
Holly Gunning

I haven't seen Augusta yet this season, but I will on the 30th. I'll report back afterwards, and I'll probably interview one of them as well. If there's anything in particular you're curious about let me know ahead.

Old
12-24-2003, 03:59 AM
Jeff Shafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyG
I haven't seen Augusta yet this season, but I will on the 30th. I'll report back afterwards, and I'll probably interview one of them as well. If there's anything in particular you're curious about let me know ahead.
ok thanks

Old
01-01-2004, 06:20 PM
Holly Gunning

I saw Augusta play on the road on the 30th, then at home on the 31st. I remembered that I had seen them play very early in the season too but didn't take great notes that night. So most of this will be from the past two games.

Gagnon - I was very impressed with him. He has a lot of energy, and puts in total effort all the time. He's creative offensively and thus gets lots of chances near the net. I actually said "wow" on something he did, which doesn't often happen. He was a big scorer in junior and hasn't put up big numbers in the ECHL yet, but it's only a matter of time. He's got the skill to do it. He's got a bit of pest in him too. He'll only get better.

Dzieduszycki - is currently in San Antonio.

Kelman - Recently returned from San Antonio. I have no idea why he has an AHL contract. He's just not very good at all. His skating is average and he has good size, that's the nicest thing I can say. But give him a puck and it's just a disaster. He has no hands and seems to turn the puck over every time he touches it.

Jacina - Didn't do anything to impress. I remember him being better at the beginning of the season. He seems to float a bit. He needs to move his feet and keep his stick on the ice for one thing (OK, that's two).

I also liked a rookie defenseman named John Cronin. Plays a very simple but effective game.

I interviewed Jacina on Tuesday and Gagnon on Wednesday. I'll post the links when both are up.

Old
01-02-2004, 05:03 AM
Jeff Shafer

Quote:
I saw Augusta play on the road on the 30th, then at home on the 31st. I remembered that I had seen them play very early in the season too but didn't take great notes that night. So most of this will be from the past two games.

Gagnon - I was very impressed with him. He has a lot of energy, and puts in total effort all the time. He's creative offensively and thus gets lots of chances near the net. I actually said "wow" on something he did, which doesn't often happen. He was a big scorer in junior and hasn't put up big numbers in the ECHL yet, but it's only a matter of time. He's got the skill to do it. He's got a bit of pest in him too. He'll only get better.

Kelman - Recently returned from San Antonio. I have no idea why he has an AHL contract. He's just not very good at all. His skating is average and he has good size, that's the nicest thing I can say. But give him a puck and it's just a disaster. He has no hands and seems to turn the puck over every time he touches it.

Jacina - Didn't do anything to impress. I remember him being better at the beginning of the season. He seems to float a bit. He needs to move his feet and keep his stick on the ice for one thing (OK, that's two).

I also liked a rookie defenseman named John Cronin. Plays a very simple but effective game.

I interviewed Jacina on Tuesday and Gagnon on Wednesday. I'll post the links when both are up.
thanks

Old
01-08-2004, 08:52 AM
TomWaits

Quote:

Holly I was curious about your impression of Louis Goulet who also plays for Augusta.

thanks in advance

TomWaits

Old
01-08-2004, 09:56 AM
Holly Gunning

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomWaits
Holly I was curious about your impression of Louis Goulet who also plays for Augusta.

thanks in advance

TomWaits
Great ECHL player. He's not a NHL prospect though, he's too small and probably too old to move up. Great for the level he's at now for sure. Very skilled, and quick, always active.

Closed Thread