HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hate it or Love It...

Old
10-20-2006, 11:56 PM
White Snake*

vCash: 500
Take pleks out of the deal and I would sign it.

White Snake* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2006, 12:37 AM
fredez

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSK View Post
It doesn't matter at all, its just for fun, I was watching right now FLA-PHI and I was thinking about something, Its not a amazing proposal but but If you don't like at all for bashing the thread, please pass throught it and press back on your browser.

BTW, I know its impossible and that type of trade doesn't happens often.

Huet: 3.0m$
Samsonov: 3.5m$
Plekanec: 450K
Emelin: stay at home that would help PHI future at D.
Matt D'Agostini

*Gagne: 5.25m$
RJ Umberger: 1.05m$
Steve Downie
2nd rounder 2007

*For starting, I've not include Gagne because is a french-canadian, its only because I like that players, its true, he's not a 50 goals scorer, but people have to forget he is a really good 2-way players in the NHL. His 3 first NHL season was solid, with a good coaching staff we have, he's the type of players who'll fit well at Montreal. He's no doubt a 35 goals scorer and arround 65-75 points on a full season. He can play both Left Wing and Center.

Don't forget I'm not excepting anything, I got nothing wrong against Huet, Samsonov, Plekanec and Emelin (he's going to be a nice NHLer if he come over one day) etc. Its just for fun, I would like to have this line up:

Higgins-Koivu-Ryder
Perezhogin-Gagne-Kovalev
Latendresse-Umberger-Johnson
Begin-Bonk-Murray

I wait for see people bashing me...

We can't afford to trade away a center right now. Gagne has always played LW in the NHL and if he comes here and we lose Plekanec we are in trouble. It's not the Habs organization's style to trade away prospects and core players all at once, at least not under Gainey.

And the most important thing is that this trade doesn't improve the Habs roster. We lose our 2nd line center in Pleks, we lose our #1 goalie in Huet(#1b or #1a, whatever) and on top of that we lose one of our important summer acquisition in Samsonov (give the guy a chance, he's good) and all of that to acquire a solid LW in Gagné. I really hate this trade and if I was GM I wouldn't do it. I prefer giving a chance to Plekanec and Samsonov, I'm sure they can have success with this team.

fredez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2006, 02:11 AM
les Habs

I wouldn't want to give up Pleks.

I would do Samsonov and Huet for Gagne, though something tells me they wouldn't do it.

Screw it. Can't we just get that Finnish dude as an RFA?

les Habs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2006, 02:37 AM
HabuseMoi

maybe by reducing the trade we would have to move less players

what do you think about

Huet or Aeb (whichever they feel like), Sammy and Emelin

For

Gagne
2nd round pick
and maybe another pick in a latter round

I don't think Emelin has much value though... Nobody knows if he'll leave Russia.

it's more like giving them Sammy and a goalie for Gagne and a pick. And then tempting them by adding a prospect that MIGHT be a good investment.

HabuseMoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2006, 02:40 AM
les Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabuseMoi View Post
maybe by reducing the trade we would have to move less players

what do you think about

Huet or Aeb (whichever they feel like), Sammy and Emelin

For

Gagne
2nd round pick
and maybe another pick in a latter round

I don't think Emelin has much value though... Nobody knows if he'll leave Russia.

it's more like giving them Sammy and a goalie for Gagne and a pick. And then tempting them by adding a prospect that MIGHT be a good investment.
So we could pull this off? Take Emelin out just in case, but I'd do this tomorrow for Gagne and the 2nd rounder.

les Habs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2006, 02:42 AM
SniperMogilny2K6*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSK View Post
It doesn't matter at all, its just for fun, I was watching right now FLA-PHI and I was thinking about something, Its not a amazing proposal but but If you don't like at all for bashing the thread, please pass throught it and press back on your browser.

BTW, I know its impossible and that type of trade doesn't happens often.

Huet: 3.0m$
Samsonov: 3.5m$
Plekanec: 450K
Emelin: stay at home that would help PHI future at D.
Matt D'Agostini

*Gagne: 5.25m$
RJ Umberger: 1.05m$
Steve Downie
2nd rounder 2007

This thread is a perfect example how habs fans overrate their players. The Flyers won't trade Gagne, and has good chemestry with Forsberg. If they traded Gagne who would they put on the first line ? seriously think about it who ?

SniperMogilny2K6* is offline   Reply With Quote