HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Carter, Richards, Umberger and Calder

Old
10-21-2006, 01:54 PM
Jester

vCash: 500
Calder has been paired with Richards for the most part, and he's not supposed to be a slouch in this league... don't act like he's been playing with pos's that don't know how to play the game.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2006, 02:13 PM
flyersfan97

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
Gagne was payed to score goals and play excellent defense. Yes, his defense has not been as good as usual to date, but he is scoring goals and on pace for 50+. No offense, but anyone, not just you, look absolutely silly ragging on him at this point.

Besides, the season isnt 10 games old yet. Geez people, relax a little.

We need to fix the defense and goaltending. I think the forwards will come around once they get a chance to play together for more then 10 seconds!
OK, OK, Gagne's going to score 50 goals for a team that wins 10 games. Gotcha. Do know that my 'rant' was started before he scored two goals last night and hadn't scored in four games. Sorry to disagree, but two goals/week and a -3 rating at $5.25 mil just doesn't cut the mustard for me.

flyersfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2006, 02:19 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan97 View Post
OK, OK, Gagne's going to score 50 goals for a team that wins 10 games. Gotcha. Do know that my 'rant' was started before he scored two goals last night and hadn't scored in four games. Sorry to disagree, but two goals/week and a -3 rating at $5.25 mil just doesn't cut the mustard for me.
he's not being paid for 2 goals a week.

he's being paid for X goals over 82 games. selective use of samples can make ANY player in this league look bad.

Old
10-21-2006, 02:23 PM
flyersfan97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
he's not being paid for 2 goals a week.

he's being paid for X goals over 82 games. selective use of samples can make ANY player in this league look bad.
I sure as heck hope not, that's my point.

flyersfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2006, 02:25 PM
Jester

Quote:
but he's on pace to score 51 goals... i'm baffled at what your point is. who cares what he scores in a given week? Carter has ONE goal in a 9-1 game...

Old
10-21-2006, 02:27 PM
Dr Love

Quote:
Two goals a week is 45-50 goals a season. If I could be assured that my first line LW is going to score 2 goals a week, I'd be thrilled.

Dr Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2006, 02:29 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Love View Post
Two goals a week is 45-50 goals a season. If I could be assured that my first line LW is going to score 2 goals a week, I'd be thrilled.
he's underachieving... clearly.

Old
10-21-2006, 04:08 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 965
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan View Post
With the new job I have I'm not on here hearly as mhc as I used to be, and don't have time to read all the threads about who is to blame. My quick guess is that if I went through everything the players getting the most blame for the lack of success early this year are Gagne, Hatcher, Nedved, Clarke, Hitchcock, Esche, Rathje and Gauthier.

While I'm certainly not saying that those listed above don't have to share in any blame the 4 guys that are most to blame for where we currently stand are:

Jeff Carter
Mike Richards
R.J. Umberger

The way this team was constructed the young guys must produce. For this teak to have a good year Carter, Richards, Umberger and Calder need to put pucks in the net. A minimum of 90 goals, and really 100 goals is what is needed and should be expected.

Those four up front are flat out not getting it done.

Carter - 1g - 1a
Umberger - 1g - 0a
Richards - 0g - 0a
Calder - 0g - 0a

They aren't just kids anymore. It's no longer acceptable for them to just "play well". Production is needed and this team has no shot if they don't produce.

If after 8 games the group of them had 9 goals and 12 assists the Flyers are 4-3-0 at worst.

Have fun blaming the others, but the lack of secondary scoring the reason #1 this team isn't winning games.

I'm not going to say you're wrong, because your not, Umberger has almost been invisible, Carter and Richards can't finish right now, I'm ready to tear Kyle Calder a new one, I think anyone here who isn't just running their mouth knows that...but I think the fact that the team has only given up 2 goals or less in just 1 game (and one other with an EN). That is the biggest problem. There are some games you need to win 2-1, and this team can't do it.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2006, 04:45 PM
dedhed

As for the names mentioned in this thread,I would like to see them all traded away along with Esche,Meyers and Gagne. I would also like to see Clarke/Holmgren fired for compiling the worst team in the NHL.To the other Flyer fans here,we may as well face the truth as it is.This team is awful and they have absolutely no chance to dig their collective way to the surface.They have been led there by the ignorance and stupidity of this management staff when it comes to the modern era of the NHL.
Note: they could never beat the left-wing lock,or "trap" defense that was founded by Jaques Lemair in the last decade,they couldn't beat the well balanced and talented teams of Edmonton or the NY Islanders of 20+ years ago.....and now that the league is geared toward a smaller/faster,non trapping style of play Clarke looks as though he's been banging his head against the walls in his quest for an answer.
The answer is simple,yet 1/3rd owner Snider will never endorse the firing of Clarke and his staff.Snider and Clarke are the current version of what Harold Ballard and King Clansey used to be in Toronto. Two old coggers who live in the past and can't accept change.
This team needs to appoint a European gentleman to become their new GM. The new GM would then staff his team with the best available players from the relatively untapped Euro market of players along with a coach who could access the best from them.Instead we'll see Clarke call a press conference and fire Hitchcock,thus hiring John Stevens as the new head coach.This team is going nowhere........and they're getting nowhere very fast!

dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2006, 05:07 PM
CharlieGirl
Flyers Hockey

So.... you want to trade away

Gagne
Meyer
Esche
Richards
Carter