HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

A first preds experience.....<longish>

Old
10-20-2006, 10:50 PM
PeterAngelo
In Elliott We Trust

vCash: 500
A first preds experience.....<longish>

Wednesday night I got to see Nashville play live (and only my 2nd NHL live game behind one at HP Pavilion last season) for the first time in my life (after seeing them on TV for the first time monday vs the Isles). Here is my story.....

My excitement for the game started early during what i imagined would be the "trip of a lifetime", a 20 block walk in a dan hamhuis predators jersey to the Garden. The funny thing was that seeing as I hadn't been to MSG before i was accompanied by my trusty map, which from head to toe is taller than me, so it must have been a pretty bizarre site to behold.

I got to the garden safely with only a couple of nyr fans having a dig about the jersey so it was a tiny bit disapointing, i had invisioned being chased by 100 nyr fans, actually while i am imagining things here, being chased by 100 brunette, 5"10', 50-55kg female nyr fans on their day off from the modelling agency. None of that occured though. Just kidding actually on that because i am getting the girlfriend to read this through and i don't want to get slapped

After entering MSG i have to say even though I had pictured myself inside MSG dozens of times i wasn't really at all prepared for it. The atmosphere at the hockey is amazing i don't know whether it is to do with the enclosed space but 18,000 odd at a hockey game or 100,000 odd at an aussie rules match, i would say that the hockey is by far the better atmosphere.

After finding my seat, which was about 15 rows back btw, i waited for my girlfriend to arrive who had arranged to come straight from work and I mention this only for the fact of the suprise that awaited me. She turned up in a predators jersey! Which she didn't have that morning or beforehand so that was just an amazing thing for her to do. Anyways just had to mention that....

Well the preds came out, i went nuts as did about another 25 preds fans around the joint, I kept looking for who I thought would be NMK throughout the game funny enough because i knew NMK was going. So i came to the conclusion NMK ranges from a 12 year old boy in the 2nd level who was annoying his mum constantly with a timonen jersey, right through to a 80 year old lady wearing the mustard yellow 3 rows back from us. So somewhere in the middle lies NMK (thats how long the intermissions felt like they took!)

To the game itself and i won't say much as I don't know that much and no doubt you guys have seen the game but i will say:

* The speed was amazing, the sounds unbelievable, especially shots at the goalies chest.

* Arnott was huge in stature, his goal in the 1st i will remember for ever, not because of anything great about it but that was my first live preds goal.

* I thought the 4th line was much better than i had imagined they would be i just thought they would get out there and hang onto guide rails around the outside of the rink until they were close enough to reach out and pound someone. They seemed to have more ability than i expected.

* I was really glad that the game i got to see was a game that Vokoun starred in. He was simply brilliant and was a joy to behold in the flesh.

Ok well thats basically it, just a great night and one that has taken me till now to recover from, the nyr fans were fantastic btw and apart from being asked if i was finnish like 5 times (whats with that anyway?) i was very comfortable sitting amongst them in their stadium and i wish them luck for the year ahead. No more preds games will i see for a while now, but this one will hold me over for a while.

Go Preds! (sorry if i bored you all )

PeterAngelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 10:56 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

auspreds, you should check out the forums where they upload games that are being discussed in the other thread. that's how testify and some of the other fans that wouldn't see us play otherwise catch it. you might see a preds game every now and then that way, even if it's delayed.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 11:16 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I'm glad you were able to go! Sounds like the girl added a nice touch with the jersey

As for NMK, this should give you a better idea on his appearance:

10-20-2006, 11:45 PM
Testify

ahahahahaha

and yes I get games from a CI-Forums.. u have plenty of games.. but u have to wait till the next day.

hard to not know the score tho

niiice about ur girl and the preds jersey

Testify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 11:49 PM
Testify

I CANT wait for the preds to come play in Montreal.

Testify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2006, 04:56 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Not boring at all, thanks for sharing it with us!

You're good luck btw, you should go to every Preds game and we'll get a shutout every time!

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2006, 10:02 AM
Jarnberg

Great stuff, it sounds like an amazing time.

I would kill to see Nashville in MSG against the Rangers.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2006, 06:54 PM
Osprey

That was an enjoyable story to read. Thanks for sharing, AusPredsFan.

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote