HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

2013 NHL Draft (draft day chat link in Post 887)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-30-2013, 03:53 PM
  #951
zz
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,661
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
If Max Domi felt like it, he could hold Shinkaruk down and put a baby in him. Then he could rip him apart with his bare hands and eat him.


This is the best prospect review I've ever read.

zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 03:56 PM
  #952
RR
Moderator
 
RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cave Creek, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,034
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
If Max Domi felt like it, he could hold Shinkaruk down and put a baby in him. Then he could rip him apart with his bare hands and eat him.
TSN needs you on the panel. Ratings would soar.

RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 04:08 PM
  #953
ck26
Alcoholab User
 
ck26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Coyotes Bandwagon
Country: United States
Posts: 6,761
vCash: 133
910 AM just said Nathan McKinnon played for the Quebec Major Junior hockey team ... the same team as Sidney Crosby.

Cal "Cutterbuck" is also apparently a person.

"And that ends the hockey portion of Fox Sports Radio ... NOW BASEBALL HIGHLIGHTS!"

There is nothing worse than nationwide sports radio. rt's man grape jokes would be 100x better than this.

ck26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 05:38 PM
  #954
Kimahri
Registered User
 
Kimahri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 1,506
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kimahri
Love the Dauphin pick. Bummed Hurley went 1 pick before, but I'm happy with this pick.

Kimahri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 06:25 PM
  #955
Sindiggy
Go Desert Dogs
 
Sindiggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Chandler, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 2,543
vCash: 500
I'm bummed that Compher went before as well, I was hoping for Compher there, but I'm not disappointed with Dauphin

Sindiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 07:43 PM
  #956
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 41,459
vCash: 500
Wow. Chris Clapperton went a couple of rounds earlier than I expected. I wanted him in the 7th

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 08:15 PM
  #957
Sindiggy
Go Desert Dogs
 
Sindiggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Chandler, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 2,543
vCash: 500
Fellas, isn't Wallmark still available? Did he get injured or something?

Sindiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2013, 11:23 PM
  #958
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 41,459
vCash: 500
I don't want to start the 2014 draft thread because I have nothing of substance to add just yet. I do however have some requests.

We've got regulars in Manitoba sitll, right? Please go to some Wheaties games and get us some scouting reports on Jayce Hawryluk. I'm loving the highlights.

Also we've got guys in Portland, right. Go see the Hawks and report on Chase De Leo. I really like what I've seen so far. Reminds me a little bit of Kadri and Domi the seasons before their respective draft years. Just more burried on a deep Portland team than Kadri and Domi were in Kitchener and London.

hbk, do you ever make it out to Kelowna? Tyson Baillie seems like the quintessential Phoenix pick. Love some reports on him.

Chootoi, I don't know if PEI make it out to Moncton much, but Alexis Pepin seems a lot like a mix of our last two high profile Q picks, sort of smashed together a bit. Any thoughts on him? Will you get to see him at all this season?

Let's get a little chatter going on these kids.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2013, 11:34 PM
  #959
Rabbit
Captain Cook
 
Rabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South Bay California
Country: United States
Posts: 4,239
vCash: 500
Connor McDavid in 2015....some say he'll be bigger than Crosby.

Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2013, 11:59 PM
  #960
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 41,459
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
Connor McDavid in 2015....some say he'll be bigger than Crosby.
I was able to watch him a couple of times this season. He was the best player on the ice in major junior as a fifteen year old. That's beyond incredibly. I've never seen anything like that before.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2013, 01:17 AM
  #961
Rabbit
Captain Cook
 
Rabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South Bay California
Country: United States
Posts: 4,239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I was able to watch him a couple of times this season. He was the best player on the ice in major junior as a fifteen year old. That's beyond incredibly. I've never seen anything like that before.
If there was ever a player any team should ever purposely "tank" for, it's him. There is an interview online that has Crosby.....comparing HIMSELF to Mcdavid. I mean

if the argued best player in the league currently is comparing himself to a 15 year old kid, that's saying something. Crosby and Lemieux have met with him on multiple occasions to discuss his future, I think the Pens want him bad. As should any team.

Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2013, 10:59 AM
  #962
PHX FireBirds18
Registered User
 
PHX FireBirds18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 2,912
vCash: 500
From what I've seen he looks to project better than Crosby. Much better goalscorer probably not on the same level in terms of playmaking though. Exciting prospect. Keep him out East hopefully when the time comes.

PHX FireBirds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2013, 11:08 AM
  #963
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 41,459
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX FireBirds18 View Post
From what I've seen he looks to project better than Crosby. Much better goalscorer probably not on the same level in terms of playmaking though. Exciting prospect. Keep him out East hopefully when the time comes.
I guess it's impossible to project how McDavid will develop physically, but at this moment he's got more of a Turris build than a Crosby build. I guess that's to be expected at his age, but one of the things that makes Crosby to breathtakingly amazing at playing hockey is his short, stocky, wide stance. The guys puck-protection is just stunning. Fire hydrant of a player.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2013, 01:30 PM
  #964
hbk
Registered User
 
hbk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,538
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I don't want to start the 2014 draft thread because I have nothing of substance to add just yet. I do however have some requests.

We've got regulars in Manitoba sitll, right? Please go to some Wheaties games and get us some scouting reports on Jayce Hawryluk. I'm loving the highlights.

Also we've got guys in Portland, right. Go see the Hawks and report on Chase De Leo. I really like what I've seen so far. Reminds me a little bit of Kadri and Domi the seasons before their respective draft years. Just more burried on a deep Portland team than Kadri and Domi were in Kitchener and London.

hbk, do you ever make it out to Kelowna? Tyson Baillie seems like the quintessential Phoenix pick. Love some reports on him.

Chootoi, I don't know if PEI make it out to Moncton much, but Alexis Pepin seems a lot like a mix of our last two high profile Q picks, sort of smashed together a bit. Any thoughts on him? Will you get to see him at all this season?

Let's get a little chatter going on these kids.
Not likely to head to Kelowna. I'm in Saskatoon so I do catch lots of WHL games. I will grab some tickets when Kelowna is in town.

hbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2013, 01:49 PM
  #965
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 41,459
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
Not likely to head to Kelowna. I'm in Saskatoon so I do catch lots of WHL games. I will grab some tickets when Kelowna is in town.
Huh, I thought you were in Vancouver. My bad. So you are in the Eastern Conference, right? More likely to catch Red Deer than Kelowna, yeah?

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2013, 01:50 PM
  #966
hbk
Registered User
 
hbk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,538
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Huh, I thought you were in Vancouver. My bad. So you are in the Eastern Conference, right? More likely to catch Red Deer than Kelowna, yeah?
I move a great deal and travel extensively with work.

hbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2013, 05:37 PM
  #967
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 41,459
vCash: 500
Columbus had Dauphin 34th.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:01 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.