HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

2013 NHL Draft (draft day chat link in Post 887)

Old
06-30-2013, 03:53 PM
zz
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
If Max Domi felt like it, he could hold Shinkaruk down and put a baby in him. Then he could rip him apart with his bare hands and eat him.

This is the best prospect review I've ever read.

zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 03:56 PM
RR

Quote:
If Max Domi felt like it, he could hold Shinkaruk down and put a baby in him. Then he could rip him apart with his bare hands and eat him.
TSN needs you on the panel. Ratings would soar.

RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 04:08 PM
ck26
Alcoholab User

vCash: 133
910 AM just said Nathan McKinnon played for the Quebec Major Junior hockey team ... the same team as Sidney Crosby.

Cal "Cutterbuck" is also apparently a person.

"And that ends the hockey portion of Fox Sports Radio ... NOW BASEBALL HIGHLIGHTS!"

There is nothing worse than nationwide sports radio. rt's man grape jokes would be 100x better than this.

ck26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 05:38 PM
Kimahri

Send a message via AIM to Kimahri
Love the Dauphin pick. Bummed Hurley went 1 pick before, but I'm happy with this pick.

Kimahri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 06:25 PM
Sindiggy
Go Desert Dogs

I'm bummed that Compher went before as well, I was hoping for Compher there, but I'm not disappointed with Dauphin

Sindiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 07:43 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Wow. Chris Clapperton went a couple of rounds earlier than I expected. I wanted him in the 7th

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 08:15 PM
Sindiggy
Go Desert Dogs

Fellas, isn't Wallmark still available? Did he get injured or something?

Sindiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2013, 11:23 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

I don't want to start the 2014 draft thread because I have nothing of substance to add just yet. I do however have some requests.

We've got regulars in Manitoba sitll, right? Please go to some Wheaties games and get us some scouting reports on Jayce Hawryluk. I'm loving the highlights.

Also we've got guys in Portland, right. Go see the Hawks and report on Chase De Leo. I really like what I've seen so far. Reminds me a little bit of Kadri and Domi the seasons before their respective draft years. Just more burried on a deep Portland team than Kadri and Domi were in Kitchener and London.

hbk, do you ever make it out to Kelowna? Tyson Baillie seems like the quintessential Phoenix pick. Love some reports on him.

Chootoi, I don't know if PEI make it out to Moncton much, but Alexis Pepin seems a lot like a mix of our last two high profile Q picks, sort of smashed together a bit. Any thoughts on him? Will you get to see him at all this season?

Let's get a little chatter going on these kids.

Old
08-12-2013, 11:34 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Connor McDavid in 2015....some say he'll be bigger than Crosby.

Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2013, 11:59 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
Connor McDavid in 2015....some say he'll be bigger than Crosby.
I was able to watch him a couple of times this season. He was the best player on the ice in major junior as a fifteen year old. That's beyond incredibly. I've never seen anything like that before.

Old
08-13-2013, 01:17 AM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Quote:
I was able to watch him a couple of times this season. He was the best player on the ice in major junior as a fifteen year old. That's beyond incredibly. I've never seen anything like that before.
If there was ever a player any team should ever purposely "tank" for, it's him. There is an interview online that has Crosby.....comparing HIMSELF to Mcdavid. I mean

if the argued best player in the league currently is comparing himself to a 15 year old kid, that's saying something. Crosby and Lemieux have met with him on multiple occasions to discuss his future, I think the Pens want him bad. As should any team.

Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2013, 10:59 AM
PHX FireBirds18

From what I've seen he looks to project better than Crosby. Much better goalscorer probably not on the same level in terms of playmaking though. Exciting prospect. Keep him out East hopefully when the time comes.

PHX FireBirds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2013, 11:08 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX FireBirds18 View Post
From what I've seen he looks to project better than Crosby. Much better goalscorer probably not on the same level in terms of playmaking though. Exciting prospect. Keep him out East hopefully when the time comes.
I guess it's impossible to project how McDavid will develop physically, but at this moment he's got more of a Turris build than a Crosby build. I guess that's to be expected at his age, but one of the things that makes Crosby to breathtakingly amazing at playing hockey is his short, stocky, wide stance. The guys puck-protection is just stunning. Fire hydrant of a player.

Old
08-13-2013, 01:30 PM
hbk

Quote:
I don't want to start the 2014 draft thread because I have nothing of substance to add just yet. I do however have some requests.

We've got regulars in Manitoba sitll, right? Please go to some Wheaties games and get us some scouting reports on Jayce Hawryluk. I'm loving the highlights.

Also we've got guys in Portland, right. Go see the Hawks and report on Chase De Leo. I really like what I've seen so far. Reminds me a little bit of Kadri and Domi the seasons before their respective draft years. Just more burried on a deep Portland team than Kadri and Domi were in Kitchener and London.

hbk, do you ever make it out to Kelowna? Tyson Baillie seems like the quintessential Phoenix pick. Love some reports on him.

Chootoi, I don't know if PEI make it out to Moncton much, but Alexis Pepin seems a lot like a mix of our last two high profile Q picks, sort of smashed together a bit. Any thoughts on him? Will you get to see him at all this season?

Let's get a little chatter going on these kids.
Not likely to head to Kelowna. I'm in Saskatoon so I do catch lots of WHL games. I will grab some tickets when Kelowna is in town.

hbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2013, 01:49 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
Not likely to head to Kelowna. I'm in Saskatoon so I do catch lots of WHL games. I will grab some tickets when Kelowna is in town.
Huh, I thought you were in Vancouver. My bad. So you are in the Eastern Conference, right? More likely to catch Red Deer than Kelowna, yeah?

Old
08-13-2013, 01:50 PM
hbk

Quote:
Huh, I thought you were in Vancouver. My bad. So you are in the Eastern Conference, right? More likely to catch Red Deer than Kelowna, yeah?
I move a great deal and travel extensively with work.

hbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2013, 05:37 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Columbus had Dauphin 34th.