HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Draft - Pick #75 - Pavel Buchnevich

Old
06-30-2013, 09:07 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by aufheben View Post
A bonus for you, or for the organization?
Who knows? So many people on this board have a weird fetish for Russian players. I'm part Russian and I don't understand it.

EvilCorporateLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 09:08 PM
Aufheben
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Who said that? I said I'm not the biggest fan of the pick due to all of the red flags I've read. Plus his longer contract in the KHL. Plus the fact his coach thinks his compete level is garbage. I don't hate the pick, but I don't live it either.

My #1 least favorite trait is a player who doesn't care or has a lack of drive.
Make that players with lack of drive who are also very skilled. Nothing sadder than wasted talent.

Aufheben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 09:11 PM
Aufheben

Quote:
Who knows? So many people on this board have a weird fetish for Russian players. I'm part Russian and I don't understand it.
They have cool names.

I was an Alexander Svitov fan so I guess I shouldn't talk.

I wonder how Sam will pronounce it, if ever, BUCH-nevich / Buch-NEV-ich / Buchne-VICH?

Old
06-30-2013, 09:11 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Because the boom or bust is likely a bust. You need to add players to the system who can play a role. Especially when your first pick is #65.

Tambelini is another purported boom/bust player. Rangers making each move in a vacuum again.

Just another example of this team trying to be smarter than every other team.
Agreed - with the Rangers current situation, it sure seems more intelligent to draft a more sure-fire type of player that can fill a depth position than an extreme boom or bust type player.

Whatever, Im used to this by now.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 09:12 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Who said that? I said I'm not the biggest fan of the pick due to all of the red flags I've read. Plus his longer contract in the KHL. Plus the fact his coach thinks his compete level is garbage. I don't hate the pick, but I don't live it either.

My #1 least favorite trait is a player who doesn't care or has a lack of drive.
Every 3rd rounder has red flags and if some have fewer than him their upside is lower. As I said, lots of people want to prove how passionate they are and that's a lack of compete is the worst thing ever. Don't get me wrong, if he's lazy at the NHL level he'll probably bust, but he's 18, not 25. He's got great upside. In the 3rd round he's worth the risk. Much better than getting a Lee Felardau (spelling?).

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 09:12 PM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

Quote:
Make that players with lack of drive who are also very skilled. Nothing sadder than wasted talent.
You had the chance to go full on A Bronx Tale and...

JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 09:14 PM
Aufheben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Agreed - with the Rangers current situation, it sure seems more intelligent to draft a more sure-fire type of player that can fill a depth position than an extreme boom or bust type player.

I'm kinda envious of Ottawa's stockpiling big, mobile defensemen (i.e.: He who's name shall not be spoken). Can get you a lot of depth/trade bait, too.

Old
06-30-2013, 09:15 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
I'm kinda envious of Ottawa's stockpiling big, mobile defensemen. Can get you a lot of depth/trade bait, too.
Ottawa has quietly been one of the best drafting teams over the last few years.

Old
06-30-2013, 09:16 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Every 3rd rounder has red flags and if some have fewer than him their upside is lower. As I said, lots of people want to prove how passionate they are and that's a lack of compete is the worst thing ever. Don't get me wrong, if he's lazy at the NHL level he'll probably bust, but he's 18, not 25. He's got great upside. In the 3rd round he's worth the risk. Much better than getting a Lee Felardau (spelling?).
You're missing the point. I hate drafting players without compete levels. That's my pet peeve. Always has been. I don't care if he is 18 or 2.

EvilCorporateLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 09:18 PM
Aufheben

Quote:
Ottawa has quietly been one of the best drafting teams over the last few years.
The most annoying part is how simple they do it. Not trying, like you guys said, to outsmart all the other GM's.

Old
06-30-2013, 09:19 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:

What the hell are you talking about? You're drafting an 18 year old. Who the **** cares about the current situation? Or do you mean in the prospect pool? We have no high upside players in the prospect pool. None. Also, what are you used to? Complaining? All you do is ***** about how the Rangers suck. 24/7. Not just GDT emotional responses. If I had no context and just read your posts, I'd think we were a poor man's Oilers team and not a team that made the playoffs 7 of 8 years and made it to the 2nd round 2 years in a row. Oh and we very rarely go for boom or bust players. I have no ****ing clue what you're talking about. You just seem to love being miserable about the Rangers and making everyone miserable at the same time, if what you say is nonsense (as it often is).

Old
06-30-2013, 09:21 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
You're missing the point. I hate drafting players without compete levels. That's my pet peeve. Always has been. I don't care if he is 18 or 2.
Oh ok, so you're basically just telling us that your opinion is not based on rationality, but that players with low compete level no matter the age annoy you. I guess you have a right to like or not like players for whatever reason...

Old
06-30-2013, 09:31 PM
KreidertheGlider
MDZ for NYR Blueline

Quote:
What the hell are you talking about? You're drafting an 18 year old. Who the **** cares about the current situation? Or do you mean in the prospect pool? We have no high upside players in the prospect pool. None. Also, what are you used to? Complaining? All you do is ***** about how the Rangers suck. 24/7. Not just GDT emotional responses. If I had no context and just read your posts, I'd think we were a poor man's Oilers team and not a team that made the playoffs 7 of 8 years and made it to the 2nd round 2 years in a row. Oh and we very rarely go for boom or bust players. I have no ****ing clue what you're talking about. You just seem to love being miserable about the Rangers and making everyone miserable at the same time, if what you say is nonsense (as it often is).
Quote:
Oh ok, so you're basically just telling us that your opinion is not based on rationality, but that players with low compete level no matter the age annoy you. I guess you have a right to like or not like players for whatever reason...

KreidertheGlider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 09:39 PM
Graves94

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreidertheGlider View Post
I agree with Snowblind. Some posters around here just complain about everything Sather and the Rangers do 24/7, and it's becoming old and tiring. I have an idea, why don't we open a **** on the NYR thread! That way if you feel like crapping on the team constantly you can post there!

Graves94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 09:43 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graves94 View Post
I agree with Snowblind. Some posters around here just complain about everything Sather and the Rangers do 24/7, and it's becoming old and tiring. I have an idea, why don't we open a **** on the NYR thread! That way if you feel like crapping on the team constantly you can post there!
Complaining about management and hating/rooting against the team aren't the same thing.

06-30-2013, 09:45 PM
Black Aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Complaining about management and hating/rooting against the team aren't the same thing.
That is true. I think though that he is getting tired of the constant whining. I, for one, also am. We always heard that we wanted more top end skill. Now they try to address skill level in the draft and people still whine.

Black Aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 09:48 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graves94 View Post
Sather makes mistake after mistake year after year here. The fact its "becoming old" isnt my ****ing fault.

Old
06-30-2013, 09:49 PM
Dactyl
LMFAO KOSTKA

i would rather see snowblind attacking posters for *****ing about a 3rd round pick than see him bashing the savior of the franchise.

Dactyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 09:49 PM
Black Aces

Quote:
Sather makes mistake after mistake year after year here. The fact its "becoming old" isnt my ****ing fault.
a 3rd round pick is a mistake?

Black Aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 09:50 PM
slipknottin

Mad at chicago for grabbing Hayden one pick in front of them. Would have loved him

slipknottin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 09:52 PM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

Quote:
Andrew Gross ‏@AGrossRecord 3m
Gordie Clark says third-rounder Pavel Buchnevich reminds him, in his style of play, in the late Alexei Cherepanov.
https://twitter.com/AGrossRecord/sta...17619867750400

Old
06-30-2013, 09:53 PM
KreidertheGlider
MDZ for NYR Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
I'm sad again. What could have been......

KreidertheGlider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 09:55 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Aces View Post
a 3rd round pick is a mistake?
The philosophy is. I dont see the need to try to hit a home run when this team hasnt been able to produce bottom 6 players from the draft.

Old
06-30-2013, 09:56 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Can we please get a boom offensive prospect please.

06-30-2013, 09:56 PM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

Quote:
I, for one, thank you for reminding us in every single thread