HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Adirondack Phantoms (2013-14 schedule in post #973)

Closed Thread

Old
06-30-2013, 09:13 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Morin, Hagg, laughton, Stolarz, Gostisbehere, Straka, Noebels, Cousins, and so on
I guess it comes down to though if you are ranking based off of pure potential vs. their floor also. For example is Morin who has a high ceiling but a low floor.

I'd go:

Laughton
Morin
Hagg
Stolaz
Gostisbehere
Straka
Noebels
Cousins

Also got guys like Larsson, Wilcox (who played every game for Cornell as a freshman and looked really good), etc etc.

Old
06-30-2013, 09:15 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
I guess it comes down to though if you are ranking based off of pure potential vs. their floor also. For example is Morin who has a high ceiling but a low floor.
HF seems to rank them off their ceilings

Old
06-30-2013, 09:16 PM
LegionOfDoom91

The serious question is where does Goulbourne rank? I'm thinking top 3.

Old
06-30-2013, 09:27 PM
3Fs

Now I have a question to ask. Do you think we could've gotten Cory from Vancouver for our 11th and maybe our 3rd? I mean what the heck, NJ got him for just the pick.

Old
06-30-2013, 09:28 PM
3Fs

Our third pick, I'm still disappointed about. Bad bad pick IMO

Old
06-30-2013, 09:30 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:

I'd go:

Laughton
Morin
Hagg
Stolaz
Gostisbehere
Straka
Noebels
Cousins

Also got guys like Larsson, Wilcox (who played every game for Cornell as a freshman and looked really good), etc etc.
Why so low on Cousins? I pretty much agree with you list except Cousins being so low. I would place him above Straka and Noebels.

Old
06-30-2013, 10:32 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
Why so low on Cousins? I pretty much agree with you list except Cousins being so low. I would place him above Straka and Noebels.
Well noebels has proven himself at the echl and done extremely well in the ahl. Was gonna play for the flyers in a game at the end of last season but played in the wc anyway. I have him easily over cousins atm. Straka is closer but i like straka's offensive skill translating. I like cousins but he has alot of work defensively. Also dont know if his offense translate over. He is good in passing and shooting but not great in anything

Old
06-30-2013, 11:09 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
The serious question is where does Goulbourne rank? I'm thinking top 3.

looking for the sarcasm smiley, CANNOT FIND IT!

Old
07-01-2013, 01:08 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Was talking to a guy from Cornell who watched Willcox play. Im telling ya, a smoothskating 6'4 defender who plays even strength and pk? Can't hate it. The guy said that the kid played the most minutes as a true 18 yr old freshman against some good teams. An example is playing the powerhouse in Quinnipiac, played the most minutes on the team in a 4-1 loss but went +1.

Here is the writeup on him:

Quote:
Willcox immediately stepped in as a top-four defenseman, logging substantial minutes both on the penalty kill and at even strength. He was the only Big Red freshman and only one of six players overall to appear in all 34 games. Willcox was on the ice for 20 of the Big Red's 50 even-strength goals, which ranked second on the team among defenseman (behind only Nick D'Agostino). Three of his five points came on the ice at Princeton's Hobey Baker Rink. The first came in the regular season, when he had the secondary assist on John Esposito's power-play goal on Nov. 9. He then added an assist in each game of the Big Red's two-game sweep of the Tigers in the ECAC Hockey Championship first-round series.
Won't score points, but is someone to look for in the future. Watching him in one Cornell game, and at the prospect camp, he 100% reminds me of Coburn (how he plays)

Old
07-01-2013, 01:32 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Was talking to a guy from Cornell who watched Willcox play. Im telling ya, a smoothskating 6'4 defender who plays even strength and pk? Can't hate it. The guy said that the kid played the most minutes as a true 18 yr old freshman against some good teams. An example is playing the powerhouse in Quinnipiac, played the most minutes on the team in a 4-1 loss but went +1.

Here is the writeup on him:

Won't score points, but is someone to look for in the future. Watching him in one Cornell game, and at the prospect camp, he 100% reminds me of Coburn (how he plays)
I'm hoping he comes in and overtakes the Lauridsen hype train for that bottom pairing SDD spot. He's got NHL potential, just not top 4.

Old
07-01-2013, 01:34 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
I'm hoping he comes in and overtakes the Lauridsen hype train for that bottom pairing SDD spot. He's got NHL potential, just not top 4.
Who Willcox? Oh dont get me wrong, I ant penciling him even into the AHL. Was just talking about a young mid round pick who doesnt get talked about at all.

Old
07-01-2013, 01:37 PM
Stizzle

I only saw him play on the one NBCSN broadcast, but I was impressed. His frame, skating, and puck carrying stood out immediately.

Old
07-01-2013, 01:37 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Who Willcox? Oh dont get me wrong, I ant penciling him even into the AHL. Was just talking about a young mid round pick who doesnt get talked about at all.
Penciling in shouldn't be done for any of these guys. I have higher upside hopes for Willcox though than any defenseman in the system not named Morin, Hagg, Gostisbehere, or Manning (even if those hopes are only that he can become a real #6).

Some people here like Vasliev. Some like Lauridsen. Nobody is talking about Larsson. I don't know what's going on with Bourdon. And Alt is obviously a long-shot.

Outside of Morin, Hagg, and Gostisbehere though, I don't see much likely legitimate NHL potential.

Old
07-01-2013, 01:44 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

If there's any guarded optimism I have for anyone in Adirondack, Mark Alt is that guy. Just that combination of size, skating, and someone who's comfortable moving the puck, has me intrigued. I know he had a rough final year in Minnesota and that he was dealing with some personal items, but he came into Adirondack and played well. Hopefully an off season of clearing up matters and then being able to focus on hockey will help him get to the next level.

If he does become a quality NHL defender, that could make him, Gostisbehere, Morin and Hagg as all defenders who could join the big club and that doesn't even include a Brandon Manning (who I still think could be a very valuable piece) and Oliver Lauridsen. That's building a pipeline and that's what the Flyers need. Maybe it's just me, but I'm really feeling good about the future of the blue line.

Old
07-01-2013, 01:49 PM
Psuhockey

Quote:
Probably not but still a little early to definitively state that. He has the frame, skating, and pucks skills to be more. Needs to desperately add weight. Played a lot as a freshman which is rare. This year will be big to see if his offensive skills and production progress.

Old
07-01-2013, 01:58 PM
Psuhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
If there's any guarded optimism I have for anyone in Adirondack, Mark Alt is that guy. Just that combination of size, skating, and someone who's comfortable moving the puck, has me intrigued. I know he had a rough final year in Minnesota and that he was dealing with some personal items, but he came into Adirondack and played well. Hopefully an off season of clearing up matters and then being able to focus on hockey will help him get to the next level.

If he does become a quality NHL defender, that could make him, Gostisbehere, Morin and Hagg as all defenders who could join the big club and that doesn't even include a Brandon Manning (who I still think could be a very valuable piece) and Oliver Lauridsen. That's building a pipeline and that's what the Flyers need. Maybe it's just me, but I'm really feeling good about the future of the blue line.
Andreas Lilja said some nice things about playing with Alt at the end of the last year. Add him to Gostibehere, Willcox, Morin, Hagg and Vasiliev, who advanced to the KHL at the end of the year, and the Flyers have some nice depth in defensemen prospects with Gustafsson and L. Schenn as two young guys already on the team.

Old
07-01-2013, 01:59 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:

Right now, my ranking based on potential...

1. Morin
2. Hagg
--
3. Gostisbehere
--
--
-- (healthy Bourdon)
4. Manning
5. Alt
--
6. Willcox
7. Lauridsen
8. Konan
9. Vasiliev
10. Larsson

Old
07-01-2013, 02:02 PM
Prongo
Beer

I like Ghost more than Hagg right now. For some reason the shiny new toys always leap the players from previous years on HF. Ghost has the potential to be a steal in the 3rd round with his continuous growth He is the one prospect I am absolutely thrilled with right now, hoping he becomes a top 4 in two/three years for us.

Old
07-01-2013, 02:12 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
I like Ghost more than Hagg right now. For some reason the shiny new toys always leap the players from previous years on HF. Ghost has the potential to be a steal in the 3rd round with his continuous growth He is the one prospect I am absolutely thrilled with right now, hoping he becomes a top 4 in two/three years for us.
Our young core...

Giroux (25)
Simmonds (24)
Voracek (23)
Schenn (21)
Couturier (20)
Laughton (19)
Cousins (19)

Gustafsson (24)
Schenn (23)
Gostisbehere (20)
Hagg (18)
Morin (17)

Old
07-01-2013, 02:16 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
(healthy Bourdon)
I'm not sure if we'll ever see Bourdon again. I think the man's career is over.

Old
07-01-2013, 02:21 PM
Psuhockey

Quote:
Our young core...

Giroux (25)
Simmonds (24)
Voracek (23)
Schenn (21)
Couturier (20)
Laughton (19)
Cousins (19)

Gustafsson (24)
Schenn (23)
Gostisbehere (20)
Hagg (18)
Morin (17)
Add in a couple of well placed veterans and you have the makings of a Stanley Cup contender in a couple of years.

Old
07-01-2013, 02:21 PM
Appleyard

Quote:
Our young core...

Giroux (25)
Simmonds (24)
Voracek (23)
Schenn (21)
Couturier (20)
Laughton (19)
Cousins (19)

Gustafsson (24)
Schenn (23)
Gostisbehere (20)
Hagg (18)
Morin (17)
If only we could somehow wangle one of OEL, Larsson, Pietrangelo etc without giving any of these guys up! Or Hedman, every time I see him he looks better and better.

Old
07-01-2013, 02:34 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
Andreas Lilja said some nice things about playing with Alt at the end of the last year. Add him to Gostibehere, Willcox, Morin, Hagg and Vasiliev, who advanced to the KHL at the end of the year, and the Flyers have some nice depth in defensemen prospects with Gustafsson and L. Schenn as two young guys already on the team.
Saw Alt play two games for the Phantoms. Wouldnt call him amazing but for a 21 yr old rookie he looked good. Played a solid game. His biggest problem is he sometimes losses positioning (like real bad positioning). Needs to work on that but I was impressed.

Pipeline isnt as bad as it can seem. Signed a few old 2nd round picks, added defenders such as Morin and Hagg and it looks better.

Old
07-01-2013, 02:37 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
Probably not but still a little early to definitively state that. He has the frame, skating, and pucks skills to be more. Needs to desperately add weight. Played a lot as a freshman which is rare. This year will be big to see if his offensive skills and production progress.
Exactly. Wouldnt say he will be a top 4 but I was impressed with what he did last season. Only player (I think) to play every single game last year. Add to the fact that he is a smooth skating 6'4 defender who can handle the puck. Not bad at all. He isnt flashy though and not a PPQB so dont know how many points he will get.

Old
07-01-2013, 04:25 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:

You are not alone with your thinking in that regards. I had forgot about Mark. The Flyers have added a lot the past two seasons to their back end as far as prospects go, and you can only hope that some of these young men can mature and play for the big club one day.

Closed Thread