Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Central Europe Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Italy

Slovak youth hockey thread (NT´s, home leagues, CHL, the draft etc.) part II

Old
05-26-2013, 07:28 AM
Tatanik

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Tatanik
Does anyone have more information on Patrik Koch (16 yo d-man w/ Kometa Brno)? I saw that Slovan drafted him and haven't really heard his name mentioned before. 12+10 and a +26 in Extraliga dorast this year and played at the WHC17 tourney.

Tatanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2013, 07:47 AM
Jeez
Jay Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatanik View Post
Does anyone have more information on Patrik Koch (16 yo d-man w/ Kometa Brno)? I saw that Slovan drafted him and haven't really heard his name mentioned before. 12+10 and a +26 in Extraliga dorast this year and played at the WHC17 tourney.
What position, he was drafted ? I can't find it...

Jeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2013, 08:00 AM
Mikey09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeez View Post
What position, he was drafted ? I can't find it...
4th round...

Mikey09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2013, 08:21 AM
Tatanik

So Slovan have picked up Juraj Siska, Patrik Koch and Lukas Berak, while protecting Adrian Sloboda...

Holesinsky and Ondris were drafted by Magnitogorsk and Medvescak respectively.

Old
05-26-2013, 09:26 AM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

How good is Ondris ?

ficohok* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 04:42 PM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

With Dano, Cehlarik and Reway in the draft this year, is it safe to say this is the strongest Slovakian draft class since 2009? (Panik, Tatar, Janus)

Holden Caulfield is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 03:54 AM
alko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
With Dano, Cehlarik and Reway in the draft this year, is it safe to say this is the strongest Slovakian draft class since 2009? (Panik, Tatar, Janus)
That is correct. But otherwise, 4 years are pretty low sample of data.

alko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 06:05 AM
slovakiasnextone

umm, 2011 anyone? conidering that we don't know when these years guys will be drafted...

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 06:56 AM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by alko View Post
That is correct. But otherwise, 4 years are pretty low sample of data.
Fair enough.

Still this seems like one of the stronger Slovak draft classes developed under Slovak tutelage it seems to me. The Slovak system was a mess in the early to mid 90's (if I understand correctly, I am too young to understand what was happening at the time) and other than half decent 04 there is nothing that stands out from 02-08. Other than that there is Halak from that time period as an NHLer and Zaborsky as a NT player. That's pretty poor.

I am always looking for positives here.

It seems to be with guys like Dano, Cehlarik, Jurco, Tvrdon, Gernat, Marincin, Panik, Tatar, Janus, etc that the Slovak system is slowly putting themselves back together. It does not have the numbers that maybe the late 90's/early 00's Slovak drafts had, but there was so many busts in that group it seems as though those prospects were benefitting from the strength of the Slovak system. It seems like some talent is starting to come through the Slovak system again. Little by little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiasnextone View Post
umm, 2011 anyone? conidering that we don't know when these years guys will be drafted...
2011 seems like a decent class as well no doubt. I have high high hopes for that class as Jurco and Tatar were two of my very favourite players out of the 11 class. Gernat is looking to be steal in the 5th round as well.

It does not seem like the Slovak system will ever be turning out 7-13 top 7 round picks like they used to between 98-02, with plenty of NT players, but if they can continue to turn out 2-3 top end prospects (top 2-3 rounds of NHL draft, strong potential NT players) then the Slovak system can continue.

I realize that there are MANY problems, but after my admittedly very very short time in Slovakia I feel as though the passion for the game of hockey is not the problem. I am and will continue to be a big supporter of the Slovakian hockey system. Hope you guys can continue to turn out some top end talent and continue to compete at the top level.

My whole point is with Dano (who is IMO) the best Slovak prospect since Zagrapan (what a disappointment), Cehlarik (who has become close to a Panik level), Reway (solid junior scorer and is looking like a decent 2nd-4th rounder) and perhaps Timotej Sille (late round boom or bust) this seems like an above average Slovak class.

As an aside, if anybody got to this point in my post, does anybody think Timotej Sille gets drafted? I have heard the complaints about him, but he does seem to have a very high skill level, although perhaps not the determination or drive to be an NHL prospect.

Holden Caulfield is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 07:15 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Fair enough.

Still this seems like one of the stronger Slovak draft classes developed under Slovak tutelage it seems to me. The Slovak system was a mess in the early to mid 90's (if I understand correctly, I am too young to understand what was happening at the time) and other than half decent 04 there is nothing that stands out from 02-08. Other than that there is Halak from that time period as an NHLer and Zaborsky as a NT player. That's pretty poor.

I am always looking for positives here.

It seems to be with guys like Dano, Cehlarik, Jurco, Tvrdon, Gernat, Marincin, Panik, Tatar, Janus, etc that the Slovak system is slowly putting themselves back together. It does not have the numbers that maybe the late 90's/early 00's Slovak drafts had, but there was so many busts in that group it seems as though those prospects were benefitting from the strength of the Slovak system. It seems like some talent is starting to come through the Slovak system again. Little by little.

2011 seems like a decent class as well no doubt. I have high high hopes for that class as Jurco and Tatar were two of my very favourite players out of the 11 class. Gernat is looking to be steal in the 5th round as well.

It does not seem like the Slovak system will ever be turning out 7-13 top 7 round picks like they used to between 98-02, with plenty of NT players, but if they can continue to turn out 2-3 top end prospects (top 2-3 rounds of NHL draft, strong potential NT players) then the Slovak system can continue.

I realize that there are MANY problems, but after my admittedly very very short time in Slovakia I feel as though the passion for the game of hockey is not the problem. I am and will continue to be a big supporter of the Slovakian hockey system. Hope you guys can continue to turn out some top end talent and continue to compete at the top level.

My whole point is with Dano (who is IMO) the best Slovak prospect since Zagrapan (what a disappointment), Cehlarik (who has become close to a Panik level), Reway (solid junior scorer and is looking like a decent 2nd-4th rounder) and perhaps Timotej Sille (late round boom or bust) this seems like an above average Slovak class.

As an aside, if anybody got to this point in my post, does anybody think Timotej Sille gets drafted? I have heard the complaints about him, but he does seem to have a very high skill level, although perhaps not the determination or drive to be an NHL prospect.
Dont agree with bold part, it is not slovak system of developing.

Quote:
It seems to be with guys like Dano, Cehlarik, Jurco, Tvrdon, Gernat, Marincin, Panik, Tatar, Janus, etc that the Slovak system is slowly putting themselves back together.
Dano - KHL system
Cehlarik - Swedish system
Jurco, Tvrdon, Gernat, Marincin, Panik, Tatar, Janus - CHL/US/CAN system

If a player is developed untill his 20-22yrs in Slovakia, I will say it is slovak system.

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 08:34 AM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Vorky, you realise development of players begins before 16/17/18.

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 11:40 AM
Indian

Vorky, so you think Dano is a product of KHL after playing one season there? I cannot agree with that.

Indian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 01:01 PM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
Dont agree with bold part, it is not slovak system of developing.

Dano - KHL system
Cehlarik - Swedish system
Jurco, Tvrdon, Gernat, Marincin, Panik, Tatar, Janus - CHL/US/CAN system

If a player is developed untill his 20-22yrs in Slovakia, I will say it is slovak system.
Well, Marincin, Ceresnak, Gernat, Panik, Tatar, Janus and almost all the others drafted in recent years played in Slovakia until they were 18 years old. There's a lot of Slovakian development there.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 01:08 PM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
Well, Marincin, Ceresnak, Gernat, Panik, Tatar, Janus and almost all the others drafted in recent years played in Slovakia until they were 18 years old. There's a lot of Slovakian development there.
Pánik had been playing in the Czech republic since he was around 14, I think. Janus was 17 going on 18 when he started the CHL. But I get your point. A year or two of development abroad doesn't erase years of development at home.

Or do you, vorky want to claim that Marián Hossa or Andrej Meszároš were only CHL developed too?

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 02:14 PM
Tatanik

Dano a product of the KHL? Omg. .

Scoring 10 goals in 5 games at the 1A U18 came before he had even joined Slovan, and getting a chance to play 2/3rds of a season with Dukla in 11/12 was a massive opportunity for him to adjust to the professional game at such a young age.

Also HC: I think someone might just take a chance on Sille. His U20 figures were pretty damn impressive, although it was a bit of a shame that he didn't really get off to a rapid start in the Extraliga (and his u18 tourney was a bit of a flop). I think a team sees his big frame and takes a chance on him with a late round pick.

Last edited by Tatanik: 05-30-2013 at 02:22 PM.
Old
05-30-2013, 02:51 PM
Mikey09

Quote:
Dano a product of the KHL? Omg. .

Scoring 10 goals in 5 games at the 1A U18 came before he had even joined Slovan, and getting a chance to play 2/3rds of a season with Dukla in 11/12 was a massive opportunity for him to adjust to the professional game at such a young age.

Also HC: I think someone might just take a chance on Sille. His U20 figures were pretty damn impressive, although it was a bit of a shame that he didn't really get off to a rapid start in the Extraliga (and his u18 tourney was a bit of a flop). I think a team sees his big frame and takes a chance on him with a late round pick.

He's right now too much slow for that level. It was see on WC-18

Mikey09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 10:44 AM
Tatanik

Matej Paulovič has left Farjestad. His development really seems to have plateaued over the past year-eighteen months. Two years back you would have thought he would be a prime candidate to get drafted.

Old
06-09-2013, 02:42 AM
alko

Quote:
Matej Paulovič has left Farjestad. His development really seems to have plateaued over the past year-eighteen months. Two years back you would have thought he would be a prime candidate to get drafted.
maybe he wants to go to some Canadian league. and therefore he left his team. The question is, if it came from team or from player.

Old
06-09-2013, 05:41 AM
Tatanik

Quote:
maybe he wants to go to some Canadian league. and therefore he left his team. The question is, if it came from team or from player.
Reading: http://www.slovakprospects.com/zahra...-vo-farjestade

Makes it clear that it was the club's decision.

Old
06-30-2013, 10:33 PM
smitty10

Good day for Slovakia at the NHL Draft:

27th overall- Mario Dano to Columbus
90th overall- Peter Cehlarik to Boston
116th overall- Martin Reway to Montreal
149th overall- Matej Paulovic to Dallas

Old
06-30-2013, 10:56 PM
DrPabloRamirez

Quote:

Could be better, if Tomas Torok had normal season. IMO, Torok still has bigger chance to play in NHL than Paulovic.

DrPabloRamirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 11:19 PM
Harv
R.I.P. Pavol.

Quote:

I was all confused for a second.

NHL.com had Dano as Austrian and Reway as Czech..

Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 11:37 PM
DrPabloRamirez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv View Post
I was all confused for a second.

NHL.com had Dano as Austrian and Reway as Czech..
Dano was born in Eisenstadt and Reway in Prague.

DrPabloRamirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 04:52 AM
alko

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPabloRamirez View Post
Could be better, if Tomas Torok had normal season. IMO, Torok still has bigger chance to play in NHL than Paulovic.
Could be even better, if Sille, Soltes and others worked harder. But it is a good draft. In regard of Torok, he can make it like Marek Hrivik. Work hard, make good choices and sign as a free agent. He has the tools.

But for me it is a big big surprise, that Paulovic was drafted. After his disappointing season i was stunned, when i saw his name. And in the 5. round.
Now i think, he will go to Canada to some junior league.

Old
07-01-2013, 09:54 AM
smitty10

Quote:
Could be even better, if Sille, Soltes and others worked harder. But it is a good draft. In regard of Torok, he can make it like Marek Hrivik. Work hard, make good choices and sign as a free agent. He has the tools.

But for me it is a big big surprise, that Paulovic was drafted. After his disappointing season i was stunned, when i saw his name. And in the 5. round.
Now i think, he will go to Canada to some junior league.
Yeah I was confused as hell when I saw Paulovic come up on the board too. I'm thinking that Dallas may have confused him with Cehlarik.