HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Nhl 13

Old
01-05-2013, 11:38 PM
leova

vCash: 500
you can go to the Settings in (My NHL ?) i believe, and set the options to "prefer up" or prefer down, or to mix it up...

me personally, i prefer to always skate/shoot UP, it just feels more natural as UP is always forward/accelerate in every other game/genre...

leova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 11:45 PM
Raider917

vCash: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by leova View Post
you can go to the Settings in (My NHL ?) i believe, and set the options to "prefer up" or prefer down, or to mix it up...

me personally, i prefer to always skate/shoot UP, it just feels more natural as UP is always forward/accelerate in every other game/genre...
ive tried that but it still isnt changing

Raider917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 12:04 AM
The Viper
Legolas

vCash: 90
the only good song on this game is Bully by Shinedown

The Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 04:07 AM
Everlasting

vCash: 807
Is it worth getting this game at this time? Tried the demo but honestly, it felt like the same game as 11 (Never played 12) but with diffrent skating.

Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 09:10 AM
18Hossa

vCash: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ulimate Reims View Post
the only good song on this game is Bully by Shinedown
This.

18Hossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 12:05 PM
I2ealm
Rookie User

I recently bought NHL 13 used and it sucks since I have no online pass.

I2ealm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:26 AM
Razor29
52-22-8

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by I2ealm View Post
I recently bought NHL 13 used and it sucks since I have no online pass.
You can purchase one for like 5 bucks cant you?

Razor29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 09:34 PM
kurt
the last emperor

vCash: 400
Just got NHL 13 for PS3. Not amazing, but pretty fun for sure.

Some questions:

1. What's the best way to accumulate experience for your online pro to develop his skills? I've been playing EASHL drop in games a little, but other people are skating circles around me! Help!

2. What's the best way to rack up pucks for HUT? And I'm guessing it's best to save them until you can afford those Gold Jumbo Packs, right?

kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 01:27 AM
Everlasting

vCash: 807
About HUT, i have a question for all of you who play this game. An answer would be really apreciated.

I love FUT in Fifa. It is huge and really difficult to get the best players. Zlatan, Messi and C Ronaldo all cost like 500 000 coins+ making them extremly tough to get. Even most players rated 85+ costs like 50k+ coins. So you have to spend a huge amount of time playing and trading to just be able to afford good players. Unless you just wanna get the best 75-83 rated players.
But from what i seen in HUT, everyone gets supergood players in packs all the damn time. 84+ rated players comes in packs like they are nothing and they are all really cheap on the market. ANd becuse of this, HUT is kinda of meaningless since everyone has sick teams.
Just look at this guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4yw4MRTNSI
Landeskog, weber, D. Miller, C larose, hammonic, Karlsson, Grabovski and Yip.
All 81+ rated players in just two pack. And two of them are maybe the best deffenders in the the game. HUT feels meaningless if this is true. Please say i am just imagine things... becuse HUT is one of the reasons why i might buy this game.

Is this true or have i just got the wrong idea?

Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 09:54 AM
Oscar Acosta
Bat Country

vCash: 738
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt View Post

2. What's the best way to rack up pucks for HUT? And I'm guessing it's best to save them until you can afford those Gold Jumbo Packs, right?
No. Everything in their packs are garbage to make people gamble real money on them. You'll save up your pucks and be lucky to walk away with Linus Omark and Dave Bolland.

Playing the market is the only way to rack up major amounts of pucks. Or playing tournaments. Buy low, sell high. Time consuming but it works.

Oscar Acosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 09:38 PM
Use the Schwartz*
****in' eh

Decided to try EASHL again(haven't played since last year, only played a bit of nets) and had the urge to try goalie. Pretty fun. Played well all three games in my mind. First game we won, 6-5. We got outshot 32-15 and they scored two in the final few minutes. Next game we lost 6-4, got outshot AGAIN 19-10. The players proceeded to tell me I "****ing suck" around the fifth goal, despite making a few big saves. I wanted to plug my mic in and ask them how they expected to win only hitting the other net 10 times, but I held back. Next game was a loss, 5-2. Out shot 15-10. My ENITIRE team except one guy left after the second goal. It was pretty well hopelless after that.

Breakaways are IMPOSSIBLE. I've had a penalty shot and two other breakaways, they scored all three times. Anyone have any tips? I try to stay with the shooter but people are so cheese it's ridiculous.

Is the 5.33 GAA considered bad? It'll improve as I go along I think, but games seem to be pretty high scoring.

Use the Schwartz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 05:46 PM
The Viper
Legolas

vCash: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Coleman View Post
Decided to try EASHL again(haven't played since last year, only played a bit of nets) and had the urge to try goalie. Pretty fun. Played well all three games in my mind. First game we won, 6-5. We got outshot 32-15 and they scored two in the final few minutes. Next game we lost 6-4, got outshot AGAIN 19-10. The players proceeded to tell me I "****ing suck" around the fifth goal, despite making a few big saves. I wanted to plug my mic in and ask them how they expected to win only hitting the other net 10 times, but I held back. Next game was a loss, 5-2. Out shot 15-10. My ENITIRE team except one guy left after the second goal. It was pretty well hopelless after that.

Breakaways are IMPOSSIBLE. I've had a penalty shot and two other breakaways, they scored all three times. Anyone have any tips? I try to stay with the shooter but people are so cheese it's ridiculous.

Is the 5.33 GAA considered bad? It'll improve as I go along I think, but games seem to be pretty high scoring.
On shootouts or PS, i recommend Stack the Pads

The Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 08:18 PM
18Hossa

vCash: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ulimate Reims View Post
On shootouts or PS, i recommend Stack the Pads
And if they try to shoot high just roll to the other side.

18Hossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 10:24 PM
stingo

Nhl 13 ea

So I've been playing NHL 13 for awhile now. I was playing on the "Pro" settings, but it was too easy, and I don't like scoring 8+ goals a game. It's not realistic.

But does anyone find the "all - star" setting too hard?

I mean, I can win games, but there are sometimes, when I feel the computer just wants you to lose, and my players will glitch up or something, and I always predict the opposing team is going to score, and they do. I'm not sure if this is fault of the game, or just my bad playing skills. But it's annoying, especially when trying to play good defensively, and something like this happens.

I also find it really hard to score, especially when down a goal in the third period. I will set up great plays, and try other ways to score (which would normally work) but I'm stonewalled every single time.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to win every single game, but I just find it kind of annoying.

Anyone else have this issue?

stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 10:42 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Ugh no.

I had to go back to NHL 11 just to get some semblance of a competition. I have my BeaGM set on superstar with the AI learning and difficulty sliders set to the top and I still dominate almost every game.

Lynk is offline   Reply With Quote