HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs draft Jacob De La Rose with the 34th overall pick (info in OP)

Old
06-30-2013, 09:45 PM
googlymoogly

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
Looks a lot like Eller.
I feel the same way. He's hustling all over the ice like Eller did this past year.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 09:46 PM
habsroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by thom View Post
please forgive me but where are the french canadien players?is this bob gainey
who cares about the french players .montreal should draft the best players !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

habsroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 09:48 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Honestly, it's not really the player itself. Just that my biggest dissapointment of that draft was to have passed on Dauphin and Carrier. Not having Poirier is also dissapointing but there's nothing we could have done. I understand the Fucale at 36. But De La Rose at 34 is tough to take and we will have to wait his development. But I will say right now that I'm expecting Dauphin AND Carrier to play much bigger roles on their team....unless Carrier goes all Bourret on me.
With Hudon on his team you have to think the Habs saw a ton of Dauphin. It's not like the Habs were shy about the Q (4/8 picks were from there) so I guess they see something really good in DLR.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 09:49 PM
habsroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesternimitz View Post
probably the best player of an extremely disappointing draft. Mccarron? De la rose? Fucale? Lehkonen? This is the draft that we were all looking forward to? This was the draft that we were hoping would dramatically improve the core talent depth of the team? I was of the opinion that moving up in this draft would have been counter productive because of the cost. But this was based on the assumption that we drafted wisely. I would easily rather have morin or horvat than the first three players we drafted. Could we have moved up to the bottom of the top 10 for our 25th, 34th and 36th picks? We'll never know, but seeing what we did draft, i wish we would have tried. I repeatedly wrote that i hoped timmins would draft wisely. From my review of the choices, my hopes went unanswered.
tell us who you would have picked at 25.....34............36.........55.......... And we will compare them in 3 or 4 years

habsroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 09:58 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

I had DLR at 34th so obviously I can't complain.

ChuckyToGally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 09:59 PM
PyrettaBlaze*

updated OP

PyrettaBlaze* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 10:02 PM
donghabs98
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
He is so tall

donghabs98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 10:03 PM
Dharvey33

Happy with the pick he looks to have wheels and likes to play along the boards.

I see a line with eller and collberg in the future. That would be a great line.

Dharvey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 10:21 PM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

Seems like a kid with a good head on his shoulders.

06-30-2013, 10:31 PM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterNimitz View Post
Probably the best player of an extremely disappointing draft. McCarron? de la Rose? Fucale? Lehkonen? This is the draft that we were all looking forward to? This was the draft that we were hoping would dramatically improve the core talent depth of the team? I was of the opinion that moving up in this draft would have been counter productive because of the cost. But this was based on the assumption that we drafted wisely. I would easily rather have Morin or Horvat than the first three players we drafted. Could we have moved up to the bottom of the top 10 for our 25th, 34th and 36th picks? We'll never know, but seeing what we did draft, I wish we would have tried. I repeatedly wrote that I hoped Timmins would draft wisely. From my review of the choices, my hopes went unanswered.
well if all the NHL teams`would get their heads out of their ass and hire you as the head of scouting damn.....just imagine

06-30-2013, 10:54 PM
AmartZing

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsroom View Post
tell us who you would have picked at 25.....34............36.........55.......... And we will compare them in 3 or 4 years
Erne, Zykov, Fucale, Lehkonen!

AmartZing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 10:54 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Call Shanahan!

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 11:14 PM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

Quote:
Probably the best player of an extremely disappointing draft. McCarron? de la Rose? Fucale? Lehkonen? This is the draft that we were all looking forward to? This was the draft that we were hoping would dramatically improve the core talent depth of the team? I was of the opinion that moving up in this draft would have been counter productive because of the cost. But this was based on the assumption that we drafted wisely. I would easily rather have Morin or Horvat than the first three players we drafted. Could we have moved up to the bottom of the top 10 for our 25th, 34th and 36th picks? We'll never know, but seeing what we did draft, I wish we would have tried. I repeatedly wrote that I hoped Timmins would draft wisely. From my review of the choices, my hopes went unanswered.
You sound like a Minister. Only God and TT knows what happening.

The French Canadian rule: Read about it, go to bed smarter.

http://ultimatehockeynetwork.com/the...-or-fiction-2/
loadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 11:15 PM
Plante

Had an odd feeling we were grabbing him.

Have an odd feeling he'll make it full time.

Plante is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 11:22 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metropolitsky View Post
Can't believe we couldn't pick a first line center with size and skill with the 34th pick
Galchenyuk and Eller are the future centers of this hockey club. i really dont know why you need another one...we need WINGERS dude, and wingers with size, and buddy, we just GOT some.

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 11:24 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
He really sounds like Eller to me.
Eller has much better hands. De La Rose is a smart player though, not to mention tough.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 11:25 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
Watching the interviews, TT and MB seem absolutely delighted to get him. Huge smiles on their faces when asked about him.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 12:05 AM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madevilz View Post
do want
low risk high reward type of pick. Seems to play a north south game with a lot of grit and speed, with great hockey IQ (watch vids its pretty easy to see imho) ... decent hands but a simple game. His hands would ''look'' better if he was playing among peers instead of the 2nd div in Sweden imho. He keeps his game simple and plays hard. huge upside, but worst case he's a phenomenal 3rd liner - the kind you need to win.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 12:19 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
With Hudon on his team you have to think the Habs saw a ton of Dauphin. It's not like the Habs were shy about the Q (4/8 picks were from there) so I guess they see something really good in DLR.
Audette was also Dauphin's GM back in Esther-Blondin, so the Habs have the insight on the kid.

QuebecPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 12:30 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

I find it a little odd that some are whining about DLR and wanting Dauphin. De La seems like a bigger, faster more physical Dauphin. Maybe not quite as dynamic a compete level but very similar while addressing the size issue.

I think this is a great pick. Looks like he'll be a treat to watch.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 12:35 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
I find it a little odd that some are whining about DLR and wanting Dauphin. De La seems like a bigger, faster more physical Dauphin. Maybe not quite as dynamic a compete level but very similar while addressing the size issue.

I think this is a great pick. Looks like he'll be a treat to watch.
Dauphin and DLR are two very different players. DLR brings something the Habs didn't have in the pipeline while Dauphin plays a very similar game to Hudon.

I personally wanted De La Rose, but I expected him to go in the 40+ range.

As someone else posted, he's a jack of all trades. He's a very good skater, a big body that plays with character. He's also a leader and has confidence with the puck. Might lack the finish to be an eventual goal scorer in the NHL(read here 30+ goals per season), but he should become an NHLer.

QuebecPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 01:55 AM
HCH

Quote:
If you would have paid attention and listened to Bergevin you would know that Montreal did try to move up in the draft. Your comments are joke

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 02:14 AM
EagleBelfour

vCash: 873
Could Jacob De La Rose be compare to Cal Clutterbuck?

EagleBelfour is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 02:21 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleBelfour View Post
Could Jacob De La Rose be compare to Cal Clutterbuck?
De La Rose has more offensive upside, but the rest of their games are in the same mold.

I think Clutterbuck is his bottom tier, but he's got the potential to be much better.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 02:56 AM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

Taking the glass half full perspective:

1. Comparing his numbers with Zibanejad for Draft year and 2 years prior in same league (pro rated to same number of games)
DelaRose: 50-8-8-16 (SEL), 42-6-14-20 (J20), 22-12-11-23 (J18)
Zibanejad: 50-10-8-18 (SEL), 42-6-6-12 (J20), 22-4-4-8 (J18)

2. He had better offensive numbers in his league team on his Draft year and 2 years prior than Burakovsky. Burakovsky had a big offensive year and better numbers 1 year prior.

3. He's more than 6 months younger than Wennberg and Lindholm, and 3 months younger than Burakovsky.

4. In the tapes I watched in International Competitions, his skating and stickhandling were close to the other 3 Swedish top offensive prospects this year. To really distinguish him from the others I would have needed to have a bunch of viewings in their respective leagues... So I had to take the word of the scouting reports.

Last edited by Erik Estrada: 07-01-2013 at 03:02 AM.
Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote