HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

UFA Thread

Closed Thread

Old
06-30-2013, 05:48 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dknash View Post
I wonder if Bergfors is available?

Don't worry, we'll fill out our team with plucks from the waiver wire.

Old
06-30-2013, 05:49 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
with the cap going down and all the buyouts there has never been a more target rich environment.
Poile always talks about cap casualties and we never get anyone because of it.

Old
06-30-2013, 05:55 PM
tserberis*

Quote:
with the cap going down and all the buyouts there has never been a more target rich environment.

im sure ill be called naive or a poile apologist but i think he surprises us

He surprises us every FA. Just not the way we want it...

Old
06-30-2013, 06:24 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Stand pat Poile or Safe pick Poile...

Old
06-30-2013, 07:45 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Stand pat Poile or Safe pick Poile...
You've got to wonder if he's trolling and trying to get fired with the picks he's made this weekend

Old
06-30-2013, 07:53 PM
Preddownsouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
You've got to wonder if he's trolling and trying to get fired with the picks he's made this weekend
Man I CAN'T wait for July 5. Poile sucks at the draft by taking the best/2nd best player out of, well ALL of them. Next Poile sucks because he isn't signing one of those past-their-prime UFAs for a massive overpayment. The gnashing of teeth wil be sublime.

Old
06-30-2013, 08:06 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preddownsouth View Post
Man I CAN'T wait for July 5. Poile sucks at the draft by taking the best/2nd best player out of, well ALL of them. Next Poile sucks because he isn't signing one of those past-their-prime UFAs for a massive overpayment. The gnashing of teeth wil be sublime.
God forbid some fans actually want our team to improve?

Old
06-30-2013, 09:03 PM
RCola88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
God forbid some fans actually want our team to improve?
I think Jones improves our team immediately. I guess people forgot we had a HUGE hole in our D.

Old
06-30-2013, 09:13 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

We were only going to (potentially) fill one major need in this draft. Either our need for a top center, or our need to solidify our defense.

Old
06-30-2013, 09:14 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
What??

Old
07-01-2013, 02:42 AM
thecloser

Does anyone see us signing Tyler Bozak? I do. It hit me tonight that I think he would fit well and he's still young.

How many forwards do we look to sign? 2,3?

And what about Nabokov for a backup? 1 year deal.

Old
07-01-2013, 02:45 AM
Infinite Jest

No way on Bozak, he's no better than Fisher or Legwand and he'll probably cost more. Big time pass.

Old
07-01-2013, 06:29 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
He picked a guy consideredered the best or at worst second best player in the draft, and then didn't have another pick til round 3. I'm glad you are so well versed in prospects to know how poorly he drafted in those lower rounds because I have never heard of any of them so would have no way of knowing if they are good picks or not /sarcasm

Old
07-01-2013, 08:55 AM
iKiwi

I think we have a chance with Ribeiro , at least I hope we do. Sign Ribeiro for 2-3 yrs and then try to trade a package with Ellis and something else for a good forward and then we are all set

Old
07-01-2013, 09:02 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
He picked a guy consideredered the best or at worst second best player in the draft, and then didn't have another pick til round 3. I'm glad you are so well versed in prospects to know how poorly he drafted in those lower rounds because I have never heard of any of them so would have no way of knowing if they are good picks or not /sarcasm
Explain to me then how he fell from #1 on everyone's draft board, there has to be a good reason if he was the overall consensus can't miss prospect that everyone says he's, then how did he fall to us, I'm all ears

Old
07-01-2013, 09:05 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Explain to me then how he fell from #1 on everyone's draft board, there has to be a good reason if he was the overall consensus can't miss prospect that everyone says he's, then how did he fall to us, I'm all ears
Because he's a defenseman. Offense is sexy, defense is not. Seth Jones was still the top player in the draft. He just wasn't the top forward.

Old
07-01-2013, 09:06 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Let me ask you this--why do Colorado, Florida, and Tampa Bay always seem to be picking in the top 10 and missing the playoffs here the last 10 or so years. Poor management. Maybe that is your answer.

Old
07-01-2013, 09:11 AM
AintLifeGrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKiwi View Post
I think we have a chance with Ribeiro , at least I hope we do. Sign Ribeiro for 2-3 yrs and then try to trade a package with Ellis and something else for a good forward and then we are all set
Do not want. Locker Room Cancer

Old
07-01-2013, 09:13 AM
iKiwi

Quote:
Well first off, MacKinnon was the #1 and that's why he obviously went 1st. Florida believe they have the defence settle with Gudbranson and Kulikov, so they pick a center. Same with Tampa and Hedman and the other kids comming up. That leaves us Jones at #4. Like it was said numerous times, the dumb move here was to pass up on Jones.

Old
07-01-2013, 09:23 AM
SavageSteve

Quote:
I heard the name 'Erik Johnson' on NBC-Sports/TSN uttered once as to why he fell at the draft. I guess GMDP is the only GM not gun-shy of not picking the next 'Johnathan Toews'? Only answer I have really.

If I heard right, there have been 'Pronger' comparisons on Jones and if that's even 50% true and if he possesses the coveted- Pronger outlet pass, it would make a sniper with breakaway speed incredibly dangerous for us. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a serious offer to Briere or another FA forward that replaces the 'Sullivan'-role now...

Old
07-01-2013, 09:29 AM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Team need and ownership views. Or in Colorado's case, being hijacked by the new coach obsessed with the QMJHL

Also, where do you guys think we go for a backup goalie? In the system or free agency? First names I think of are Dan Ellis or Jose Theodore. Theodore isn't terrible and I think Ellis would be open to a return to Nashville, and would likely come cheap. Ray Emery? Just kidding. No shot.

Last edited by Drake744: 07-01-2013 at 09:34 AM.
Old
07-01-2013, 09:35 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

My concern in regard to the UFA market is the same as it is every year-- players have to sign. We get on Poile for not going after players--but I know for fact that they have. Suter and Parise are obvious recent examples, but did you know they pitched Brad Richards? Ilya Kovalchuk?

The Predators aren't typically at the top of a free agent's list. There options are to vastly overpay...or find a player with something to prove or that's looking for a "settle down" type of team.

I hope this summer is different, but I think all of the "Nathan Horton\Vincent Lecavalier" talk is a pipe dream.

Mason Raymond is a much more likely\realistic target...which unfortunately doesn't do much to solve the recurring problems.

Old
07-01-2013, 09:40 AM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

Quote:
Originally Posted by AintLifeGrand View Post
Do not want. Locker Room Cancer
What? He dives a bit too much, but he was loved in Washington and performed exceptionally well. I look at him like Kesler; not a huge fan of the player's personality, but would kill to have him on my team. I went to a lot of Caps games this year; Ribeiro would be a great pickup for us.

Old
07-01-2013, 10:05 AM
thecloser

Why would you pass on Bozak? He was Toronto's #1 center for majority of the year and would be fighting for it if they brought him back. He's younger and better than fisher and Legwand. I'm all about Bozak. No thanks on Ribeiro.

Old
07-01-2013, 10:09 AM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashville View Post
What? He dives a bit too much, but he was loved in Washington and performed exceptionally well. I look at him like Kesler; not a huge fan of the player's personality, but would kill to have him on my team. I went to a lot of Caps games this year; Ribeiro would be a great pickup for us.
How's Washington's atmosphere? Always seems incredible.

And yeah I'm down for Ribeiro. I haven't really heard anything "immature" from him after he left Montreal.

Closed Thread