HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Jonathan Toews is a legend

Old
06-30-2013, 01:58 PM
Ace Rothstein
Aces High

vCash: 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by needle View Post
Chelios is a Red Wing.
This. **** Chelios for tainting the 75th anniversary picture by wearing his Wings jersey.

Ace Rothstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 04:33 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
You mean they will be if all goes well. I'm pretty sure a lot of Hawks fans had Roenick heading to top 5 all time Hawks, at least, but things changed starting with major knee surgery. Hopefully Toews and Kane (and Keith) will all be top 5 one day, but it's too soon to say any of them are there yet, though admittedly Toews is fast tracking his way faster than any Hawk before him, even faster than Hull and that's saying a lot.
no... already. They are already greater Hawks than Roenick or Belfour or Chelios. They won the Cup and they won it TWICE after taking this team from the bottom to the Top within 4 years

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 06:16 PM
burd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
no... already. They are already greater Hawks than Roenick or Belfour or Chelios. They won the Cup and they won it TWICE after taking this team from the bottom to the Top within 4 years
The fact that they took the Hawks to two Cups after the club floundered for so many years is really a feat. But I think you have to be a little careful elevating those two above some others based on the number of championships they've won already. Henry Aaron was in something like 25 all star games and was only on one world series winner, I believe. No question he is among the greatest of all time, but that didn't translate to championships for him.

burd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 05:11 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

thats all true, but those guys haven't even won 1 Cup... that's the difference. If they would be franchise leaders in pts or games played it would be different

Old
07-01-2013, 07:53 AM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
thats all true, but those guys haven't even won 1 Cup... that's the difference. If they would be franchise leaders in pts or games played it would be different
You can't say somebody is better than so-and-so because they won a cup. Does that mean Crawford > Rinne? I know you like Rinne a lot, that's why I used this example.

TorMenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 10:43 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

no, but Toews and Kane are elite players and elite players for a few years now. Thats the difference. They were Conn Smythe winners, alone this year Toews was voted as West MVP and Kane lead the West in scoring...

Thats not compareable. That's why I have them above guys like Amonte, Roenick and Chelios or Wilson.