HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Summer '13 Thread (All Proposals, Speculation, Blog Rumors in here)

Closed Thread

Old
06-29-2013, 07:35 PM
Kev22

vCash: 500
bnxcc

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
I'm not surprised that's what they want, but if he is that valuable why are they willing to trade him? If its cap space All Star level guys don't come cheap.

I'd go Joey,14 and 44 for sure but they'd probably laugh.

How about Joey, Calvert 14 & 44? Saves them a bunch (if memory serves me right $2,7 next yr & it adds a roster guy) and gives them a shot at 2 good prospects.
Seguin is a natural center, so Johansen would have to go. Johansen and #19 is a good start to me. I don't like adding Calvert into this deal. I would try to fill with picks and prospects.

Old
06-29-2013, 10:51 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
I'd rather look into the Lecavalier sweepstakes.
Half the league is in on it. How the Flyers think they are going to pull that off and deal with the cap is beyond me. That is one idiotic franchise. Seriously, 5+ million for Streit?

My biggest fear is that we make a play for Briere in FA.

Old
06-29-2013, 10:56 PM
blahblah

lol, Eklund has Tim Thomas to C-Bus as a E4? Didn't think I would see that rumor in my life.

Old
06-30-2013, 12:29 PM
Jackets440

reports now indicate cbj is close to resigning bobrovsky...

Old
06-30-2013, 02:29 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackets440 View Post
reports now indicate cbj is close to resigning bobrovsky...
I got a update from my NHL Gamecenter app that said the Blue Jackets wanted to trade him?

Old
06-30-2013, 04:19 PM
major major

Also Dreger reporting Jackets had a major offer for Schneider, so that lends support to the idea we were preparing to move Bob.

Old
07-01-2013, 07:36 AM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 955
Quote:
The Philadelphia Flyers nibbled early on Schneider but didn’t go far down that path. The Calgary Flames got a call, as well, but they didn’t want to give up the No. 6 overall pick as part of a deal. The Columbus Blue Jackets, at the time unsure they could sign Sergei Bobrovsky, also danced a little with Vancouver on Schneider. But, in the end, it was New Jersey winning out.

- The Blue Jackets were very close to re-signing goalie Sergei Bobrovsky, a deal that could have been completed as soon as Monday. But what a wild weekend it appeared to be for the Jackets. For starters, they took trade calls from other teams on Bobrovsky when it wasn’t clear if they would ever be able to close the gap in contract talks. Meanwhile, sources confirm that the Jackets spoke to the Buffalo Sabres about Ryan Miller, Vancouver about Schneider and even checked in Saturday night with the Phoenix Coyotes on Mike Smith, the latter out of reach after agreeing to terms with Phoenix on a six-year deal worth $5.667 million a season. In the end, unless the Bobrovsky deal falls part, they finally got their Vezina Trophy winner back, which is the best solution of all.
Per LeBrun

Old
07-01-2013, 07:56 AM
CapnCornelius

Jarmo handled the Bobrovsky situation the right way. Don't let it drag on and spin out of control. Plan for the alternative and call the agent's bluff. Apparently, notwithstanding his current trip to Siberia, Bobrovsky didn't like the weather reports for Edmonton in winter or their defense enough to risk a trade and so his agent quickly caved.

In the past we have been to ready to hand these kids big contracts before they prove a thing. I'm hopeful that Jarmo avoided this. We'll see what the final numbers look like.

Old
07-01-2013, 10:07 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
So! The draft is done and the Bob situation looks like it's under control. Now we just need forwards.

Would I be the only one happy with an attempt to pick up Pierre-Marc Bouchard, or are there others who think we can keep him healthy?

Old
07-01-2013, 10:09 AM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
Jarmo handled the Bobrovsky situation the right way. Don't let it drag on and spin out of control. Plan for the alternative and call the agent's bluff. Apparently, notwithstanding his current trip to Siberia, Bobrovsky didn't like the weather reports for Edmonton in winter or their defense enough to risk a trade and so his agent quickly caved.

In the past we have been to ready to hand these kids big contracts before they prove a thing. I'm hopeful that Jarmo avoided this. We'll see what the final numbers look like.
Agreed. I think the way of using the media to be open about "other options" was very deftly handled, and a nice way to break through what looked like it had become a stalemate.

Old
07-01-2013, 10:09 AM
stevo61

Quote:
So! The draft is done and the Bob situation looks like it's under control. Now we just need forwards.

Would I be the only one happy with an attempt to pick up Pierre-Marc Bouchard, or are there others who think we can keep him healthy?
Worth a shot so long as he takes a pretty hefty pay cut. Doesn't really fit the need of a scorer though. At the same time might be a nice compliment to Gaborik
Wonder what the over/under would be on how healthy they are and how many games theyd actually play together

Last edited by stevo61: 07-01-2013 at 10:21 AM.
Old
07-01-2013, 10:11 AM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:

Not a finisher at all, and has concussion problems.

If the plan is to put him out there with Gaborik (who's mostly a finisher) and Prospal (who can do both) or Atkinson (who can also finish), that could be interesting.

It'd be like a poor man's Pizza Line. Spezza the setup man, Heatley the finisher, Alfredsson the guy who could do both.

Old
07-01-2013, 10:30 AM
EDM

Nathan Horton?

Old
07-01-2013, 10:36 AM
Kev22

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDM View Post
Nathan Horton?
He's a possibility, but is he worth the reported 6 year, 36M he's after? He has a hard time staying healthy. If he does stay healthy, he immediately becomes our top line LW.

I think that the Jackets are going to be a cap team this year, because all the rumors are the cap will go back up to 70-75M in '14-'15. If they sign Horton, I think it means either that Vinny is back or someone is going to get traded to make room for another top scorer. Umberger?

Old
07-01-2013, 10:40 AM
Kev22

With us having used all three first round picks this year, does anyone think that next year's first round pick is in play to land us scoring help for the roster? I guess I'm wondering were the ammo for deals is going to come from. It's why I'm convinced yesterday was a disappointment and free agency could be a bear for us.

Old
07-01-2013, 10:40 AM
GoJackets1
Someday.

I'll take Stalberg, Mason Raymond, and Vinny. Our Vinny.

Old
07-01-2013, 10:42 AM
Kev22

Quote:
Originally Posted by gojackets1 View Post
But then who goes?

Old
07-01-2013, 10:47 AM
GoJackets1
Someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev22 View Post
But then who goes?
RJ, bumps Boll/Mackenzie to 13th forward role.

Old
07-01-2013, 10:50 AM
CBJWennberg41
Me when I watch CBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by gojackets1 View Post
Stalberg and Raymond would be fantastic

Old
07-01-2013, 10:52 AM
GoJackets1
Someday.

I wonder if the promise of powerplay time alone would be enough to convince Stalberg to come here...

Old
07-01-2013, 10:53 AM
Kev22

I'll throw this out. Minnesota is in cap trouble. They are within 2M of the cap and only have 19 players signed. This might not be a popular name, but what about a deal that would bring Heatley to Columbus. He's a scorer, I might even be interested in Setoguchi too. I don't know.

Old
07-01-2013, 10:54 AM
Kev22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
Stalberg and Raymond would be fantastic
Aren't Stalberg and Raymond very similar players? Both depend on speed and are streaky offensive producers. I think the Jackets are looking for consistent offensive producers.

Old
07-01-2013, 10:56 AM
GoJackets1
Someday.

This team doesn't need an entitled lazy former allstar like Heatley.

Old
07-01-2013, 10:57 AM
CBJWennberg41
Me when I watch CBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev22 View Post
I'll throw this out. Minnesota is in cap trouble. They are within 2M of the cap and only have 19 players signed. This might not be a popular name, but what about a deal that would bring Heatley to Columbus. He's a scorer, I might even be interested in Setoguchi too. I don't know.
Heatley is horrible now and not at all a fit here. He could never skate, but it is so bad now he can't even get in positions to score anymore, MIN may buy him out

Old
07-01-2013, 11:00 AM
Kev22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
Heatley is horrible now and not at all a fit here. He could never skate, but it is so bad now he can't even get in positions to score anymore, MIN may buy him out
Minnesota can't buy him out because he's hurt. Had shoulder surgery. I guess I don't notice a drop off when I watch the Wild. He still seems dangerous. If he's not a fit then I'm fine with that. I'm just trying to throw some names around that have been offensive producers. With Heatley, he was still an 80+ point guy less than 2 seasons ago.

Closed Thread